User Tag List

Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow... i use my string on cross 23lbs -main 21lbs .. u all use 25 lbs your hand not paint .. cos last time i use for 24lbs my hand feel painfull so i change it to 23-21 lbs

Quote Originally Posted by khwong
    BG66 25lbs is my preference!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by canon
    Ya.... me tooooo.... now i am using Ti10 oso same as u i like it smashing but mine is 2U oso ..btw how many lbs u use it for your string ......
    have mine strung at 25lb bg 66 with pacific machine. now i am looking for another ti10 cos my girlfriend has been using my spare ti10 and recently restrung one of them to 23lbs cos she complain say 25lb too much for her. now i am down to one ti10 again

she used to tell me how the ti10 lacks power compared to proace thunderbolt II but now she keep using the ti10 ..............ti10 rulz!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by canon
    wow... i use my string on cross 23lbs -main 21lbs .. u all use 25 lbs your hand not paint .. cos last time i use for 24lbs my hand feel painfull so i change it to 23-21 lbs
    when you try higher tension, should try hitting the shuttle hard and not push the shuttle. high tension needs more impact force to push the strings back but the advantage is the snap back is fast thus stuttle will travel faster across.....any way is my theory la....not to start another higher tension or lower tension more powerful thingy. guess your hand pain cos do too much pushing than hitting the shuttle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone has both the 2u and 3u? i have been using the 3u but heard that the 2u even more powerful.

can anyone who has both do a little comparision regarding power and control here? thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I donno oso lah cos on that day i was playing single with my friends ...after d game i feel pain with my shoulder .... cos i normally play double that is no pain to my shoulder ..... now i am using 2u the smashing very powerfull n d defensive oso good i like that racket now i am looking for another Ti10 racket for my spare , i hav 1 mp 55 that is not suit for me look like no power for playing just take that to warmup onli
    Quote Originally Posted by surge
    anyone has both the 2u and 3u? i have been using the 3u but heard that the 2u even more powerful.

can anyone who has both do a little comparision regarding power and control here? thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My wife uses a Ti10 and I use an MP100. The other day, I exchange rackets with her and what a difference.

Now, I will be buying a Ti10 for my use (my wife would not give me hers!) and I will use my MP100 for backup (or sell it and get another Ti10)....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes u will love d Ti 10 but u better buy the 2U 1 that is very power mine 1 is 2u then for smashing the sound of smashing is very good... then d defensive oso good for that racket..... so the MP100 u can use it for backup ,,,, if your ti10 string is break oledi

Quote Originally Posted by alexg
    My wife uses a Ti10 and I use an MP100. The other day, I exchange rackets with her and what a difference.

Now, I will be buying a Ti10 for my use (my wife would not give me hers!) and I will use my MP100 for backup (or sell it and get another Ti10)....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

since the sale of nanospeed, ti10 price has drop again....now only 165 sing dollars....very tempting ah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alexg

so glas to see you post cos i was tempted to get a mp100 to try. thought it will be better than ti10. now drop the idea already. thanks man. your reply really came in handy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

after reading so much abt the Ti-10 I'm really tempted to try. Currently I am using the Carbonex 15 (realy old racket ), and looking for a racket that is able to give me more poewr in smashing and returning (of smash). Have tried the MP99, rite away can feel the increase in the smashing power... too bad i have no access to Ti 10 and cannot do a comparison...

i'm mostly a double player........

may i know which racket (MP99 or Ti 10) would suit me better?

Also what is the price for MP99 and Ti 10 now in S'pore? and where to get?

many thanks!

cheers......

so glas to see you post cos i was tempted to get a mp100 to try. thought it will be better than ti10. now drop the idea already. thanks man. your reply really came in handy.
    Last edited by plinius; 06-11-2005 at 09:52 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when you try higher tension, should try hitting the shuttle hard and not push the shuttle. high tension needs more impact force to push the strings back but the advantage is the snap back is fast thus stuttle will travel faster across.....any way is my theory la....not to start another higher tension or lower tension more powerful thingy. guess your hand pain cos do too much pushing than hitting the shuttle.
    out of curiousity, are you an arm player or a wrist player?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chevron
    out of curiousity, are you an arm player or a wrist player?
    seriously i cant tell difference between arm or wrist player. most of the time i generate power by rotation of the forehand ( think best way to compare is like turning a door knob. i find that by holding the racket loose, rotate and finish with a thight grip it generate the most power. i hope i dont come across as bragging...with this method, i find that i can clear base to base both forehand and backhand without turing the body to generate more power.

however, i still believe in proper rotation of body etc and only rely on the above when i am late tothe shuttle and can execute proper technic

i also must say that wrist is very important ppl with with good wrist play can be very very deceptive cos its hard to tell what they gonna do until they move their wrist the very last moment.

please correct me if i am wrong. would love to learn more from you guys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by plinius
    after reading so much abt the Ti-10 I'm really tempted to try. Currently I am using the Carbonex 15 (realy old racket ), and looking for a racket that is able to give me more poewr in smashing and returning (of smash). Have tried the MP99, rite away can feel the increase in the smashing power... too bad i have no access to Ti 10 and cannot do a comparison...

i'm mostly a double player........

may i know which racket (MP99 or Ti 10) would suit me better?

Also what is the price for MP99 and Ti 10 now in S'pore? and where to get?

many thanks!

cheers......

hi there,

if your keen to try can come joint us for some games to try my racket. i have one at 25lb and another at 23lb( my GF uses that). only condition.....once broken consider sold can pm me if you are lkeen then i ask my group organiser see if okay you come. thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just to add that i am only a so so player and very keen to learn more. i just got my thoery of hitting the shuttle then pushing from my experience as a carpenter before. a lot of ppl drive nails into walls without success cos they tend swing the hammer hoping to use the hammer to push the nail into the wall(you get this gong sound and vibration on the nails). i can tell you that a swing -tap nail-pull back action will give you more success in driving nails(you get a short and sharp tack sound and very little vibration on the nails). its the force on impact that drives the nail in not the push.hope this make sense.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

was talking to a few players who are much better than me and i come to this conclusion.....they say they dont really discuss techniques or give advice in techniques cos they are not qualify. so dear all, please ignore my previous posts on handling high tension. can anyone teach me how to delete or edit those posts? thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i know this is sorta off topic...but i like the Ti-10, i have recently started using it and still trying to get used to the head heavy + extra stiff combo of the Ti-10. Other racquets i've used previsouly are AT 800 DE and CAB 30 MS...i don't have much trouble using those...however i do when it comes to the Ti-10, sometimes it seems like i have no power, while other times it's powerful.

can anyone give me some hints on how to try to get used to it faster? and how long did you guys take to get used to it?
    i've only used it twice so... i guess i have a long way to go.

ting03

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ting03
    i know this is sorta off topic...but i like the Ti-10, i have recently started using it and still trying to get used to the head heavy + extra stiff combo of the Ti-10. Other racquets i've used previsouly are AT 800 DE and CAB 30 MS...i don't have much trouble using those...however i do when it comes to the Ti-10, sometimes it seems like i have no power, while other times it's powerful.

can anyone give me some hints on how to try to get used to it faster? and how long did you guys take to get used to it?
    i've only used it twice so... i guess i have a long way to go.

ting03
    are you using hte 2u or 3u version?

anyway due to the stiffness of the racket i feel that you better power when you whip the shuttle. meaning that at the time of impact, almost all the force is already transfered to the shuttle. cos the racket will not ' flex back' a lot since its stiff.

have you try the method i discuss in the previous 2 messages?

i just like to add that i am sharing cos i find that the only way to know that i am doing it wrongly is when ppl who know the right way read it and tell me that i am wrong i quite suspect i am not doing it right cos i just cant seems to get the kind of power like my fellow players are getting.

thanks

Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast