User Tag List

Page 42 of 46 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there any different with Yonex Ti-10 compare with Victor Brave Sword 10? in terms of shaft flexibility, which one more flexible? which one more heavier head. feel, performance and such.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is there any differences between Ti-10 and Victor Brave Sword 10? in terms of which is flexier? heavier head? feel? performance? both spec look almost the same to me?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is the difference between ti-10 3rd gen and ti-10 limited?

4. Likes kelvin316 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KLFreedom View Post
    What is the difference between ti-10 3rd gen and ti-10 limited?
    Ti-10 limited has slightly head heavier than ti-10 purple.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am quite interested in the ti10 3rd gen. Love the look of it.

However, the specs seems rather confusing. From reading the thread, the wet bp of this rackets seems to be in the region of 295-300mm. So how come yy class this racket as being head light?

7. Likes nickspeed9900 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

after you put the grip it will become lesser. I tried to measure the bp of ti-10 purple. Both is 285mm

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last Wednesday I had an opportunity to test all the Ti10's together. Too bad not all rackets had the same string and tension, but it's all about the differences. It also took so long because I was not satisfied with the first pictures so shooted second ones which were sharper. The testing objects:

Ti10 1st gen\3U-G5\BG85@22LBS
    Ti10 2nd gen\3U-G4\BG68Ti@22LBS
    Ti10 3rd gen\3U-G4\BG85@22LBS
    Ti10 LTD\3U-G4\BG85@23LBS

I also have a 3rd gen, but this was strung with BG66Sharp and it was better to use my brothers racket with the BG85. The pictures I took was my own 3rd gen:

Name:  Ti10_01.jpg
Views: 3608
Size:  214.0 KB
    The dimensions were about the same. They look the same except for the paint job.

Name:  Ti10_02.jpg
Views: 3325
Size:  194.5 KB
    If you look at the frame, the 1st and 2nd gen are almost the same. The 3rd gen and LTD are the closest.

Name:  Ti10_03.jpg
Views: 3305
Size:  132.5 KB
    The thickness of the heads were also the same so no aero or slim head differences here.

Name:  Ti10_05.jpg
Views: 3392
Size:  210.1 KB
    Here you can see the different Titanium Meshes on the frame sides. The 1st and 2nd gen looks longer and you can feel the mesh. I doubt if it's real, because on the 3rd gen and LTD, it's smooth and is painted.

Name:  Ti10_04.jpg
Views: 3305
Size:  204.7 KB
    A close-up of the main difference on the outside of the frame. The LTD version doesn't have the Titanium Mesh printed on the side of the frame.

Name:  Ti10_06.jpg
Views: 3267
Size:  203.4 KB
    Another difference between the 3rd gen and LTD version is the Titanium Mesh Composite printed on the inside of the frame in the 3rd gen which can not be found on the LTD.

Name:  Ti10_07.jpg
Views: 3505
Size:  129.5 KB
    I don't have clear pictures of the shaft, but the the 3 generations are different, but the 3rd and LTD versions looks almost the same with some difference in the text.

Name:  Ti10_08.jpg
Views: 3078
Size:  175.9 KB
    I did not measure the exact balance point, but can give you an idea what the differences are. The 2nd gen is the most head heavy one followed by the 3rd and LTD edition. The 3rd and LTD editions are the same. The 1st gen is the most light headed of them all, which comes to me as a surprise. I always assumed that the Ti10 1st gen was more even balanced. It can be due to the extra grip I put on to simulate a G4 grip. For some references, the 3rd and LTD versions are about 5 mm head lighter and the 1st gen even 10 mm compared to the 2nd gen! The 1st gen is with no doubt the most flexible one. The other generations are close.

So I started to play with the 1st gen. The first gen has always been one of my favorite rackets. Although the time has come to store this racket because it cannot compete with the stiffness of the modern rackets, it still has decent power. It's so powerfull, that I still cannot believe it's a head light racket. It's fast, and I can attack with it, but also defend with ease. Because of it's flex, it's not as accurate as modern racket. It's fast on the net, but the relatively soft tension of the BG85, made it not as accurate in dropshots. You can feel the flex when you play fast with your wrist.

I had not played a lot with the 2nd gen because when it came out, I didn't found what I was looking for, a better replacement of the Ti10 1st gen. Maybe it's the string, but in terms of power, I could not get the same out of it. It felt stiffer, but at the same time less powerful. I had to work harder to get the shuttle back in the court. The only thing I must admit, is that this is the best looking Ti10 of them all! Too bad we only have one of them in our family, so I don't want to restring this racket.

When I kept playing with the 1st gen and the 3rd gen came out, I had the same feeling about the 3rd gen as the 2nd gen. It felt stiffer, but at the same time less powerful. I thought it had to do with the string, so I restrung mine with BG66Sharp to get more repulsion out of it. But it didn't help.

My brother finds the 2nd gen the most powerful one, but I'll stay with the 1st gen. When there was a LTD version, I kept my fingers crossed, hoping to find a better Ti10 after all these years. I restrung the Ti10LTD with the same string as my beloved 1st gen Ti10, more with the tensions I was playing today. I wanted to string it at 11 kg, but I wouldn't want to risk too much as it was max rated at 9.5 kg. I strung it at 10,5 kg (about 23 LBS).

To be honest, I didn't felt the Ti10LTD was different from the 3rd gen. I really wanted to feel a lot off difference that I even took both rackets in my hand to switch them during some clears, but I couldn't tell which one is which, even with the higher tension on the LTD. I wanted to believe that the LTD version is different based on a Sunrise chart which was posted here recently. If you want my opinion about the difference between the 3rd gen and the LTD, I would say it's only the paintwork...

10. Thanks kwun thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im suprised that u found 1st gen was head lighter than the 3rd. I own them, i found the other way round. The stiffness are almost the same.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've just picked up a 2nd Gen ti10, am just wondering what is the max tension these rackets can take?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Renmazuo27 View Post
    I've just picked up a 2nd Gen ti10, am just wondering what is the max tension these rackets can take?
    If the frame condition is still good. It can take as high as 30Lbs as long as you entrusted it to a good stringer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see, but I generally string my rackets between 25-27lb anyway so I'm assuming that should be alright

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i wanna let go my ti10 gen2..any buyer?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, i just bought my Ti10 Limited Edition today, string 26Ib with BG66 Ultimax 3U4G. My comment for this racket is power in offensive game but bit week in defensive. During smash, the shutter speed is much faster then my old racket(Protect Gen2 Classic 86g+-2, BG66 ultimax 27Ib, high Flex). Regarding defense, this racket may still new to me so not able to do a good control game.

The advice for this racket is if u do not have a strong shoulder and strong arm.... is hard for you to deliver shutter in fast speed and do nice smash..... and it will hurt ur shoulder badly due to STIFF of the shaft...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've an original Ti-10 UK Gen-1 2U if anyone is interested?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your post was what convinced me even more to buy a ti-10!! SO excited for it!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best racquet I used so far but too bad it don't last... Has to reduce tension and get a good stringer to reduce damage at frame...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SibugiChai View Post
    Best racquet I used so far but too bad it don't last... Has to reduce tension and get a good stringer to reduce damage at frame...
    It's a fantastic racquet, one of my favourite. If only they made it a bit more even balanced, I could probably still be able to use it with my shoulder problem.

It's not a fragile frame, but you do need a good stringer with a good 6-point machine. Otherwise the frame can crack, as it has on one of mine.

Page 42 of 46 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 LastLast