User Tag List

Page 34 of 46 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 LastLast
Results 562 to 578 of 778
  1. #562
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    438
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I noticed that the Ti-10 doesn't get as much power as other racquets when you just jab your wrist quickly at it (like a quick wrist only motion and then stopping). Gets better when you use your wrist only to do a full swing throu (looping after the contact instead of stopping the racquet) and tons better when you incorporate your arm.

    My Precision is very good at quick wrists pops, but I can feel that the shaft gives away a little when doing full power smashes. I can probably get stronger smashes on the Ti-10 but have to be almost spot on. With the precision I can get about 80% of my power very easily and consistently, but don't think I can match total power output of Ti-10.

    I'm definitely going to say it's easier to play with the 3rd gen than it was with the 1st Gen. The new one is more forgiving of off-center hits. I think you will be fine with it if you are willing to give it time and do slight adjustments in timing and swings. I prefer the Ti-10 over my Z-slash (which I sold).

  2. #563
    Regular Member yurimaster2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    MY
    Posts
    1,006
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    dimcorner,
    i tot gen2 is more easy to handle as its more flex compare to gen 3....ve u try out gen2?

  3. #564
    Regular Member playmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Sunny Cali
    Posts
    101
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dimcorner View Post
    I noticed that the Ti-10 doesn't get as much power as other racquets when you just jab your wrist quickly at it (like a quick wrist only motion and then stopping). Gets better when you use your wrist only to do a full swing throu (looping after the contact instead of stopping the racquet) and tons better when you incorporate your arm.

    My Precision is very good at quick wrists pops, but I can feel that the shaft gives away a little when doing full power smashes. I can probably get stronger smashes on the Ti-10 but have to be almost spot on. With the precision I can get about 80% of my power very easily and consistently, but don't think I can match total power output of Ti-10.

    I'm definitely going to say it's easier to play with the 3rd gen than it was with the 1st Gen. The new one is more forgiving of off-center hits. I think you will be fine with it if you are willing to give it time and do slight adjustments in timing and swings. I prefer the Ti-10 over my Z-slash (which I sold).
    I haven't tried the precision but I'm thinking about getting it too. But spending too much on rackets wouldn't do me any good and I would rather spend it on proper training lessons in the near future.

    Dim, do you happen to know if the ti-10 and arcsaber 8dx has the same stiffness? I'm not sure if I already read it somewhere.

  4. #565
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    kuching
    Posts
    53
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ...its very very good for controling....I gain mch more confident for net shot n drop after using it...

  5. #566
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    210
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    3 generations of Ti 10 and people are still using and looking for this racquet...

    and so the legend begins...

    long live Ti 10

  6. #567
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    438
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Stiffness they are close but they bend differently. Ti10 has a longer shaft and bends further down. Yechnicslly the shaft is stiffer I guess.

  7. #568
    Regular Member playmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Sunny Cali
    Posts
    101
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I've been using my ti-10 a lot now than my arc8dx. You were right Dim that it has less power when just jabbing my wrist. I was trying to drop from the backcourt with just using a fast wrist action but keeps on hitting the net. Maybe I need a little more time to get used to it. It's very quick on net play and drives. I love how fast it is on drives.
    It is my primary racket now because its less tiring compared to my 8dx.
    Last edited by playmaker; 12-10-2010 at 11:54 AM.

  8. #569
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Sibu
    Posts
    71
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dimcorner View Post
    Stiffness they are close but they bend differently. Ti10 has a longer shaft and bends further down. Yechnicslly the shaft is stiffer I guess.
    Dimcorner, then which racquet offers more smashing power, better defence and swing speed?

  9. #570
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    23
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    but i find this racket tiring when i smash alot...........is there a reason why?

    could this racket be a bit less for attacking/smashing player? but more of defend & control?

  10. #571
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    438
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Smile

    I don't own a Dx8 but I played a few sessions with one. I think the dx8 is a little quicker for smash returns and is easier to play with. I feel that the Ti10 is a more balanced racket. I personally can get more power out of the Ti10 but I have to concentrate a bit more for it. I honestly think that you should not worry so much about ultimate power. Since its a fairy balanced racket it's going to be poetry decent in all areas.

    As fire getting tired, maybe you are not letting the racket work with you. I find that I can get plenty of power by taking a less hurried swing and setting up sooner. I swing all the way through and let the weight of the racket help. Practice with playing a game smashing at 70% power but concentrating on hitting it just right. You will hear it.

    Also, what tension are you stringing at? I an playing it at 25 to 26 pounds.

  11. #572
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    23
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    do you guys think that adding extra 2 grips to TI-10 3rd gen will have any problems with it?

    thanks.

  12. #573
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    438
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I played with 2 extra to try it out once. Felt ok, but not the same. I lost some feel on it and didn't feel as strong.

  13. #574
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @moore_shady

    probably you have the heavier version? I have it as well and it takes a lot of power to smash with it; comes with the very stiff shaft. It is a attacking players racket, there is not much doubt in that department. It's a racket that only advanced players can use to its potential

    And yes; you have to swing through; a wrist action does not generate enough power for this racket.

    H.

  14. #575
    Regular Member demolidor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    @Hollanti
    Posts
    11,776
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by harrald View Post
    @moore_shady

    probably you have the heavier version? I have it as well and it takes a lot of power to smash with it; comes with the very stiff shaft. It is a attacking players racket, there is not much doubt in that department. It's a racket that only advanced players can use to its potential

    And yes; you have to swing through; a wrist action does not generate enough power for this racket.

    H.
    Don't forget there are three generations of it . All different from each other even (slightly but noticeable) ...
    Last edited by demolidor; 01-14-2011 at 02:38 PM.

  15. #576
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    fact, I was referring to the first gen. Ti10 2U; extrmely stiff and powerfull, but not so for wristy players like I am.

    H.

  16. #577
    Regular Member volcom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,532
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Played with a first gen ti10..... Oh my word.... Absolutely unbelievable racket... Amazingn feeling! Sigh they come up with new gimmicks instead of awesome legendary rackets like this...

  17. #578
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    23
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dimcorner View Post
    I don't own a Dx8 but I played a few sessions with one. I think the dx8 is a little quicker for smash returns and is easier to play with. I feel that the Ti10 is a more balanced racket. I personally can get more power out of the Ti10 but I have to concentrate a bit more for it. I honestly think that you should not worry so much about ultimate power. Since its a fairy balanced racket it's going to be poetry decent in all areas.

    As fire getting tired, maybe you are not letting the racket work with you. I find that I can get plenty of power by taking a less hurried swing and setting up sooner. I swing all the way through and let the weight of the racket help. Practice with playing a game smashing at 70% power but concentrating on hitting it just right. You will hear it.

    Also, what tension are you stringing at? I an playing it at 25 to 26 pounds.

    i am using 21 pounds strings..could that be a reason? yeah i am too new to badminton...just realised maybe 24 or 25 pounds would be full potential to the Ti-10...

Similar Threads

  1. Yonex Arcsaber 7 Reviews
    By ants in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 467
    : 04-06-2013, 09:47 AM
  2. Reviews of Yonex Isometric Slim 10
    By bluejeff in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 21
    : 11-25-2010, 05:25 AM
  3. Looking for reviews of Yonex MP 45
    By ArcticZero in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 8
    : 06-26-2007, 09:11 PM
  4. Any reviews for yonex mesh ti-3 and ti-1
    By HounDz in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 2
    : 10-04-2006, 04:17 AM
  5. Yonex MP 23 Reviews
    By apex00 in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 2
    : 02-27-2006, 09:58 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •