Badminton In Sacramento??

Discussion in 'USA West' started by elvin312, Mar 10, 2005.

1. elvin312

elvin312 New Member

Looking for open gym to play badminton in the Sacramento area. Anyone have any info?? Thanks

2. Cricket

Cricket Regular Member

Sacramento State Univ. has open gym Fri and weekend nights. Policy is to bring your own birdies.

3. elvin312

elvin312 New Member

during the week?

anything in sacramento or davis during the week?

4. Cricket

Cricket Regular Member

Unless you're a UCD student, no. If yes, the ARC is open for badminton; the UCD Badminton Club plays every Monday and Wednesday 4 to 6 pm and Friday 7 to 10:30 pm. Fee to join is $25 a quarter.

5. elvin312

elvin312 New Member

Anyway to pay extra fees to play in davis though we are not students? I'm willing to pay extra fees if that is possible.

6. Cricket

Cricket Regular Member

Well, you could pay $7 each time you come to play but you need to come with another student. If you're affiliated with UCD, you can buy a pass for a quarter (I don't know how much it costs, but it's several hundred).

7. elvin312

elvin312 New Member

No affiliation with UCD at all

7 bucks is no problem for each visit, but I don't know anyone that goes to Davis and plays badminton also.. will that be a problem

8. Cricket

Cricket Regular Member

I think that the only way for non-UCD students to get in is to be sponsored by a UCD student. I apologize for the inconvenience, but it's the gym's regulations, not ours. Every year before this academic year we've been at another gym that did not have any regulations on who can go in and play and we've welcomed many non-UCD students (we realized that our membership has gone down since we moved to the new gym).

9. hari_om_tatsad

hari_om_tatsad New Member

Hello Cricket,

How many courts does the CSUS gym have ? Is it real busy ?

Thanks

10. Cricket

Cricket Regular Member

I think it's 8 courts, and I don't go there often so I don't know how busy it gets, sorry. The past few times I was there, it wasn't too bad, but there are no rules as to who gets the court and when, so you might have to wait a while before you get to play.

11. blazindude

blazindude New Member

12. birdie68

birdie68 Regular Member

Hi I know this is an old thread but I guess instead of creating a new one I'll use it.
    Yesterday 7/27/2008 was the last day to play in Sac State. They'll close the gym until further notice. Does anyone here know another place to play in Sac other than that and UC Davis (open only for faculty member), and the one in Folsom (Sunday only) ?

It's too bad there's no dedicated gym like in SF bay area where ppl can just play at any day.

13. ForBirdie22

ForBirdie22 Regular Member

It's closed until the end of Aug to refinish the floors per the website. So Sept they'll be open again.

14. Tacowall

Tacowall Regular Member

President of the UC Davis Badminton Club
    The UC Davis Badminton Club will resume practice on Sept. 29 on Mondays and Wednesdays 8-11pm, and Fridays 7-10pm. Club members receive free birds for games. You do not need to be a UCD student to join, however the club is "suppose" to be for UCD affiliates only. Over the years we have had many players from the Sacramento area, and so I have no problem opening the club up to anybody who wishes to join. Hope to see some of you there, just look for me, my name is Will.

15. Tacowall

Tacowall Regular Member

President of the UC Davis Badminton Club
    At the UC Davis Badminton Club we always welcome students and non-students alike to our club. While the club is "suppose" to be UCD affiliates only, we have had many non-UCD related players over the years from the Sacramento region. We welcome all players of all ages and experience, we will resume practice on Sept. 29, 8-11pm on Mondays and Wednesdays, and 7-10 on Fridays. Hope to see you guys there.