User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Faking!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Faking!!!!

some players who noe how to fake is tricking me....u can see he do a smash then suddenly a drop.....does anyone noe where to learn tricks like faking ?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try a search for deception.

Best way to combat it is to improve your skills. Be faster, more efficient.

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...earchid=171741 (search results.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what do you mean where? :/ the only way you can learn deception is through imitating and hardwork. If you're getting tricked into moving early, then I advice you to stop looking at your opponent's movements and focus on the shuttle instead. Also stop "wanting" to move hastily to catch up to the shuttle, train your footwork and body to be faster instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by teckwei
    some players who noe how to fake is tricking me....u can see he do a smash then suddenly a drop.....does anyone noe where to learn tricks like faking ?
    The key to be able to deceive is to get in position early. For example, your opponent
    hit a slow drop. If you can get to the net very quickly, then you can have your rackets
    ready below the birdie and observe your opponent. He may run to you expecting a
    net drop. Then when he has run past the center position and is not able to change
    direction easily, you can push to the base line by a quick wrist movement.

So IMHO, key points to deception are

1. Fast footwork + Good anticipation (e.g., knowing your opponent) => be in position
    early.
    2. Strong wrist that can support quick powerful movement (when you try to deceive in
    the above mentioned way)=> Your push/attacking clear to the baseline will really
    go to the baseline.

You can find videos of Hendrawan to see all net deceptions. If you want to be deceptive
    anywhere in the court, watch Zhao Jianhua.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i need a website who teaches us how to do tricks...can anyone tell me one?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by teckwei
    i need a website who teaches us how to do tricks...can anyone tell me one?
    lol...instead of improving your "anti-faking" skills, you are going to join the "faking" club?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everybody love shortcuts. You can win a point here and there with a few tricks, but can you win the game? If you're really looking into trick shots, don't waste your time on this forum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cappy75
    Everybody love shortcuts. You can win a point here and there with a few tricks, but can you win the game? If you're really looking into trick shots, don't waste your time on this forum.
    Let me be the first to second cappy on that point. In the long run, it will be your consistency and ability to read your opposition that will allow you to win. Adapting your shots to pound their weakness will get you much further than trying some crazy trick shot here or there. For example, you'll be so concerned about how to execute a near impossible cross court netplay, you'll actually have it go out most of the time.

Stick to the basics and fundamentals, and they will carry you through.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed... fundamentals + deception are the way to go . After all, there isn't a super trick shot that'll guarantee you a point (unless it's a 1000kph smash that'll break their strings/racket).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would like to add to the fundamentals. Always watch the wrist closely. You can gain a split second which would be crucial. The wrist is limited with its movement naturally thus allowing us to predict to a certain extent.

Do your drills (Shuttle running picking etc) and keep your racket high and on your toes when you run.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by neo_Rabbit
    Agreed... fundamentals + deception are the way to go . After all, there isn't a super trick shot that'll guarantee you a point (unless it's a 1000kph smash that'll break their strings/racket).
    That won't be a trick shot. It would be an extremely well executed fundamental shot!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed!! A 'proper' shot includes indiscernable shot preparation and delivery. When you do a fundamental shot well, you force your opponents to wait an extra second to respond, keeping anticipation to a minimal. How do you do that? Practice your strokes until all types of overhead shots can be delivered by the same overhead swing. An important part of it is to prepare early for the shot.

You are only deceived when you guessed wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by cheongsa
    That won't be a trick shot. It would be an extremely well executed fundamental shot!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cheongsa
    *imagines a flaming bullet-like shuttle* yeah, i'll train till i get that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you want to fake it then fake it using your head.Its like basketball,you fake a shot or dribble and there you go, easy as that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by baaam
    if you want to fake it then fake it using your head.Its like basketball,you fake a shot or dribble and there you go, easy as that
    It doesn't work very well when they're looking at the shuttle and not at your head.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At a higher competitive level, opponents actual watch your racquet face if you arrive late and underhand the net return. I believe Wilfredlgf or Ants mentioned that they usually look at the grip of the opponent as s/he makes the return. Doing your head fake could actually end up getting it in the face. Newbies might fall for it, but be careful doing it to experienced players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph
    It doesn't work very well when they're looking at the shuttle and not at your head.
    lol i meant by using your brain.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast