Eriko Hirose ( 廣瀬栄理子 )

Discussion in 'Japan Professional Players' started by kwun, Mar 11, 2005.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    what a run that this unknown Japanese player has made so far. she rose from pretty much a nobody to someone who has an appearance in the Indonesian Open in zero time, and she has proved that it wasn't a fluke by getting to at least quarter-final for the next 3 tournaments.

her run in the AE continues where she will be playing Zhang Ning in the semi-finals.

28 Feb 2005
    YONEX GERMAN OPEN 2005
    25 Jan 2005
    NOONNOPPI KOREA OPEN 2005
    13 Dec 2004
    DJARUM INDONESIA OPEN 2004
    12 Oct 2004
    GERMAN OPEN 2004
    1/32
    5 Oct 2004
    DENMARK OPEN 2004
    1/32
    6 Apr 2004
    YONEX OPEN JAPAN 2004
    1/32
    6 Apr 2004
    YONEX OPEN JAPAN 2004
    QUAL
    30 Mar 2004
    NOONNOPPI KOREA OPEN 2004
    1/32
    9 Mar 2004
    YONEX ALL ENGLAND OPEN 2004
    1/32
    9 Mar 2004
    YONEX ALL ENGLAND OPEN 2004
    QUAL
    2 Mar 2004
    SWISS OPEN 2004
    1/16
    2 Mar 2004
    SWISS OPEN 2004
    QUAL

2. cheongsa

cheongsa Regular Member

Assistant Professor
    More facts about Eriko Hirose...

Apparently, she plays for Sanyo in Japan, along with Seiko Yamada.

In the Japan League 2004 in Dec 2004, she beat Kanako Yonekura 11:8, 11:8. In the All Japan Badminton Championships in Nov 2004, she beat Kaori Mori (also playing for Sanyo) 11:9, 11:7 in the semifinal and Kanako Yonekura (playing for Yonex) 11:1, 11:5 in the final.

She seemed to have improved dramatically sometime after Sep 2004, because in the All Japan Member of Society Championships in Sep 2004, she reached the quarterfinals, losing to a Yoshimi Hataya of NEC Kyushu while her teammate, Kaori Mori, reached the semifinals, losing to Kanako Yonekura. In the All Japan Coporate league Badminton Championships in Jun 2004, Miho Tanaka was playing 1st singles for Sanyo, Eriko Hirose 2nd singles, and Kaori Mori 3rd singles.

In the Ranking Circuit Convention Japan 2004 in May 2004, she beat Kanako Yonekura in the final. Already, in the Japan Open in Apr 2004, she beat Salakjit Ponsana to qualify for the main draw, and took Zhou Mi to three games 5-11, 11-9, 8-11 in the first round.

Sanyo's webpage does not have her earlier playing records.

3. cheongsa

cheongsa Regular Member

Assistant Professor

Attached Files:

4. cheongsa

cheongsa Regular Member

Assistant Professor
    From Sanyo Badminton Team's webpage:

Birth date: 1985.3.16
    Height: 163cm

National Records:
    All Japan Elementary School Championships (Singles: 2nd Place)
    All Japan Junior High School Championships (Singles: 3rd Place)
    Inter-High School Championships (Singles: 3rd Place) (Doubles: 1st Place)
    All Japan Selected Senior High School Championships (Singles: 3rd Place) (Doubles: 1st Place)
    Inter-High School Championships (Singles: 3rd Place) (Doubles: 2nd Place)
    All Japan Junior Championships (Singles: 1st Place)
    Inter-High School Championships (Singles: 2nd Place) (Doubles: 3rd Place)
    All Japan Junior Championships (Singles: 1st Place) (Doubles: 1st Place)
    All Japan Workers Championships (Singles: 2nd Place)
    All Japan Championships (Singles: 3rd Place)

She is the youngest member of the Sanyo team.

5. cheongsa

cheongsa Regular Member

Assistant Professor
    Looks like a Japanese No. 1 in the making...

6. madturtle

madturtle Regular Member

i think she has a very cute endearing face! haha! when i heard of her name i thought of a person who spotted the ra kyung min / zhou mi kind of hairstyle, never expected her to look so young and cute! :D

7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    only 20 yrs old. that's a great age to be at. the Chinese are having problems with their next generation WS players. none of them have the natural quality of the current 4 "flowers" Zhang, Gong, Zhou & Xie. and there are only a handful of hopefuls coming from other country. as a result, there will be a gap opening up for the 20 yrs old generation, and if Hirose can continue to train and improve, she can make herself to be a force in WS.

8. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    she doesn't has that 'natural killer' or 'assasin' face. :D

#8 cooler, Mar 13, 2005
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2005
  9. madturtle

madturtle Regular Member

haha yeah. she has that girl-next-door face. i would say either sigit or flandi has the killer face. ahahhaa.:D

10. seven

seven New Member

Computing Engineer
    Yes, good chances of her being a future world number one...

11. three

three Regular Member

student.
    eriko hirose is very friendly, i asked her for a autograph during the aviva open and she was willing to give it and she kept smiling at me, and she was willing to take a photograph. and she tried to talk to me while i was waiting to get my paper back from the players who were also signing it. she asked me if i played badminton. she's really cute. :D
    i think all the japanese players are friendly except for matsuda keita. i asked for his autograph and he gave it unwilling and after that he quickly walked away to somewhere else to do his stretching. but that was 2 years ago.:eek:
    yonekura was nice. 2 years ago i met her while walking down the stairs at the indoor stadium in sg and she was walking up as she was walking up, she smiled at me and when i realized it was her i quickly chased her for her autograph and she gave it to me willingly and she smiled to. she kept saying something to me in japanese but i didnt understand.:D

12. weeyet

weeyet Regular Member

Engineer / Freelance pianist
    You're right, three, What I like most about the Japanese is their politeness and hospitality!! They are very very polite, you won't be able to imagine that if you never see or experience it... Hmmm.. well, if i am going to malaysia open this week, I will try to look for Kaneko and Hirose.. she looks like my friend. :D

13. weeyet

weeyet Regular Member

Hey three, you're a fan of japanese team aren't you?? Hmmm so as me... Have you meet other players like their doubles Shiota, Reiko etc?? And also top single Sato!?? Maybe you can share your photo with me taken with these japanese players?? I'd like to see them.... thanks!!!

14. three

three Regular Member

student.
    yeahh. i like the japanese team. but i dont know all of them. i like a mix of the men and women. ;) and sato shoji is cute! he was sitting next to me during the lin dan and hidayat match yesterday, but i couldnt ask him for an autograph cos i forgot to bring paper and pen, but he was also recording that match. i'd love to show you those photos. but it's in my handphone. and i have no idea how to take it out.

i forgot to add that, i saw reiko and shiota and a feww really young looking players. reiko and shiota was always watching other matches and they didnt really go with the japanese team. there were 2 other men who looked rather young too who were always also seperated from the team.

#14 three, Jul 3, 2005
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2005
  15. madturtle

madturtle Regular Member

i think eriko hirose is friendly, but she was very shy! after her match against zhangning, i went up to her and asked for her autograph. she looked at me shyly and i didnt know what she meant. she just put up her hand, which either means that she doesnt want to give, or she asked me to wait. after that she never came back. and up to now, when the whole competition has ended, i have not gotten her signature. :crying: but kanako yonekura is very friendly.

at first she was sucking her lollipop and didnt appear very approachable. then my friend and i went up to her and i was like waving about and "excuse me" to attract her attention. then while she was signing, my friend kept whispering in my ear to say "aligato" and so i said, and immediately she warmed up and gave a very sincere bow.:)

16. three

three Regular Member

student.
    eriko looks really chatty and friendly. before i got her autograph she kept looking in my direction and smiled at me(when i was looking at her). and there was once where we both turned our heads and looked at each other's direction and she giggled and turned back. maybe cos i was making a fuss to get her autograph. Yonekjura's really friendly i think she's really pretty. :D

17. madturtle

madturtle Regular Member

hey three are you related to her? she seems like your sisterly friend, from your description. ahha. and yes! i agree with you! yonekura's VERY PRETTY! i think she's the prettiest japanese woman, though many would think that shiota/ogura are even prettier.

18. weeyet

weeyet Regular Member

Oh yeah, you are really making people jealous.. @!:D

19. three

three Regular Member

student.

i'm sorry, but she's really cool and sweet and everything that i am not and can never be!

20. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Eriko Hirose
    Malaysia Open 2007

Attached Files: