greeting from deca2000

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by deca2000, Mar 12, 2005.

1. deca2000

deca2000 Regular Member

hi there,

this is deca2000.

badminton skill: medium rare

i love badminton for a long time, but only recently, i became totally obsorbed by it.

history

i am from china. so i am a natural supports for chinese players.

when i was in elementary school, i only played badminton with my parents from time to time, using head-weighted wood rackets. at that time, badminton for me was all about keeping the bird in the air as long as possible.

in high school, i started to realize having a peaceful long rally with your oponent is only part of the story. i started playing with my friends, usually in some outdoor courts setup by ourselves. not bad on early summer mornings. nobody knew the right grips or the right techniques. anyway, we still enjoyed the game very much.

in colleges, i took some very basic badminton courses, learning the basic but important techniques, e.g., the right way to hold rackets. resources were still quite limited at that time. not many courts available nearby.

in 1997, i got a pair of Cab20-power as a wedding gifts from my friends. my wife and i loved it very much though we had no idea how nice the rackets were. only after several years, one of our badminton friends told us that these rackets would be what zjh would dream of during their era. they are still my favoriate rackets, balanced and durable.

now i played a couple of times at our university as well as at duke, mostly doubles. some players here are regulars to senior us open. that's what i want to be, playing badminton actively even at my 60's.

2. Anatolii

Anatolii Regular Member

WELCOME WELCOME! :D :D have you been keeping yourself updated this all england? :)

3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    Glad u and your wife rediscover badminton, and the cab20 power is an excellent and strong racquet. Many of us here own more than 1 of them ;) Do u play plastic or feather shuttles?

4. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    Welcome to BadmintonForum, deca2000 :D

Your university has a good basketball team. Wonder how they're doing in the NCAA Tournament.

How's the badminton activity in your area?

-dave

5. deca2000

deca2000 Regular Member

almost every minute. tell you it made me so nervous just reading the live score updates here by kwun and others that i am wondering what i would be if i had watched the game live on tv

6. deca2000

deca2000 Regular Member

well, i just joined ncsu for less than two years. so my heart still goes to illinious where i graduated. boy, they do have a terrific season this year. i am wondering whether it is because of the team and the coach, or it is just because i left :D

7. deca2000

deca2000 Regular Member

feather. i bought 10 tubes aeroplane 101 from china (in fact, some friends bought 100 tubes from china to amortize the shipping cost and i bought 10 from him). they are very good. i also bought some yangyang from the web. they tend to be much heavier and faster. don't like them very much

since my aeroplane shuttles are almost running out, i am wondering where you guys purchase shuttle birds in the states? can anyone recommend some sites and brands? thanks a lot

8. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    glad u play feathers. Plastic shuttle dun go well wif cab20 power ;)

9. Anatolii

Anatolii Regular Member

right! :D but i think it wouldn't be so bad to watch the real thing. at least you know where the player(s) are standing in the game. whereas on the livescore, it's just, with every increase in the opponent's score, you'd be eaten inside as to what's going on with the player(s) you're supporting.

whose side were you on anyway? the chinese pretty much dominated this all england :p

10. deca2000

deca2000 Regular Member

kwun sometimes gave very brief description of what happened on the court. then i just used my imagination to think how the players fly from one corner to another, smash like a thunder, and pretty much everything shown in crouching tiger, hidden dragon:D

when it is chinese against players from other countries, then it is always chinese. i know for the sports, it may not be good to have a dominated force for a long period of time. but, hey, you just can't help rooting for your compatriots.

for this particular MS game, i had hoped cheng hong to win. he's a good player. but he was under a lot of pressures when li yongbo chose him over xia xuanzen for the olympics. sports is a tough game. i mean, you lost, any blame becomes valid. i hope that his victory brings some due respect to chen hong.

11. Anatolii

Anatolii Regular Member

lol! totally :D!

what do you lecture at the U. byt he way?

12. deca2000

deca2000 Regular Member

computer science, probably the easiest in engineering

13. 2love2live

2love2live Regular Member

welcome, welcome :p you should be a computer genius :D the other day i was playing with friends and I saw a man well into his 60's or even 70's doing very well on the court. :eek: