User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After the AE, Lin Dan lost about 600 points but he is still number 1 in the world ranking. Chen Hong gained about 2500 points and jumped from rank 5 to rank 2. hmmmm....

If the game was fixed, we should also blame ourselves to let chinese players dominate the badminton nowadays.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This time Chen Hong gets hot, next time could be Bao Chunlai. Who knows could be Chen Yu, Xia etc in the WC. So tell me which country has the quality to send 4 players other than china in Men's single at WC? It is like against 4 Peter Gade's
    Quote Originally Posted by night
    After the AE, Lin Dan lost about 600 points but he is still number 1 in the world ranking. Chen Hong gained about 2500 points and jumped from rank 5 to rank 2. hmmmm....

If the game was fixed, we should also blame ourselves to let chinese players dominate the badminton nowadays.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 02011953
    To 2love2live
    Easy. I found out early that Hongkong was going to go live on Saturday SF and Sunday F, so I just took a flight to Hongkong Friday night. Much cheaper + ringside view, than flying to Birmingham, and I could have a drink (I had several) and smoke a cigar and risk a heart attack.
    Y
    haha - awesone!

Quote Originally Posted by 02011953
    To 2love2live

That was a gem.LYB is a prima donna and thinks journalists are interested in him at the after-game press conferences. A mixed-up kid - especially when his blue-eyed boy LD flopped.

Y
    I still tend to believe he was like that because he's not sophisticated enough to hide his stupidity - which i tend to believe is a good thing, like how do you like William Hung, or Forest Gump? I mean press should be the easiest to fool so why bother?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DaN_fAn

or simply lin was rather too over confident or did not gather enough motivation to win or was just too tired[a more cleaner theory]
    i heard some time ago another theory though, i was told those pro players in any sports since they are trained so intensely for almost a life time, so it's like built into their blood they are so competitive, and are eager to win every time whatever the competition is.

I was watching Heineken open shanghai several years ago - not a big fan for tennis just went with a friend. To make it more fun, the champion after winning the last game (forgot who he was) was challenged by the host to do a remote-controlled model car racing around the tennis court with one of the audience who happens to be a young lady: I was telling my friend I think the champion will let the lady win to cheer the audience up, and I told him if I were the champion I would do that - but my friend who was an american bet me dinner that the champion will try all his best to win. I lost the dinner.

because they have this in their competitive blood they win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MarkinJapan
    Again, I'm not saying this is what happened, a million and one things could have happened. One of course being that Chen Hong simply played better. Or lin Dan had a stomach ache. Or who knows. But to completly rule out a fix is nieve. *whuwho, post 100 *
    with all respect, it is really unfair to chen hong by say that anything is possible so you cannot rule out that the game is fixed. by the same logic, i may also argue that peter gade lost to lin dan in last year's ae is because the chinese bribed him with a couple hundred rmb, which, hey, is one of a million and one things that could have happened.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by deca2000
    with all respect, it is really unfair to chen hong by say that anything is possible so you cannot rule out that the game is fixed. by the same logic, i may also argue that peter gade lost to lin dan in last year's ae is because the chinese bribed him with a couple hundred rmb, which, hey, is one of a million and one things that could have happened.
    There is a big difference. Fixing within a team is a heck of alot easier and less risky than just going up to a player from a different country with a case full of money.

Like I said before, I havn't even seen the set. But it seems that SOME people who were there that think "something" happened to lin dan after the 1 game. If china has fixed games between it's players in the past, why is it so hard to think it COULD have happened at the AE?
    China, as a team, benifited more from chen hong winning than lin dan in that the draw will be more favorable at the bigger event, the WC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm agree with markin. Fixing a game within a team is a lot lot easier. Hey, i think we call it, team spirit, right...

Also, WC is more prestige with its rated 7 stars tournaments, which mean more points to gain for players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think this is getting a bit draggy. there's no point in arguing on it for so long. if a fix was indeed existent in that match, then shame on them. there's no way we're gonna find out the truth unless someone decides to confess. why don't we save the rest of our condemnations for when that moment arrives?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how easy to fix a game is one thing, whether it is the truth is another thing. so far we have seen several analyses of why lin dan lost, from people actually watched the game. on the other hand, those arguments for the conspiracy theory are pure speculations. it is unfair to imply somebody may be guilty without any evidence.

maybe this is kind of off topic. in 1999, when mccain and bush competed for the gop president candidate, there was a poll conducted by some organization supporting bush. one question in the poll is (or something like that) "if mccain is gay, will you still vote for him". sure mccain is not gay. but after reading the question, nevertheless, many people got that impression.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Got video

It seems like a hot topic but I haven't seen the video thus I can't judge. I wonder if anyone have recorded the games and is willing to distribute. I am looking forward to see the video.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Javalina
    It seems like a hot topic but I haven't seen the video thus I can't judge. I wonder if anyone have recorded the games and is willing to distribute. I am looking forward to see the video.

Recently after Jimmy Connors was appointed Briish coach or sth he quoted this when asked what mekes winners-

" Everyone has nice strokes and are tremendous athletes,
    but in order to win you must want to win badly"

that applies to whoever your opponent is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can someone who frequents badders.com

post the link on the interview with Susi Susanti in Jakarta post especially to her reference to european players esp Camilla ?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MarkinJapan
    Like I said before, I havn't even seen the set. But it seems that SOME people who were there that think "something" happened to lin dan after the 1 game.

Actually it seems to me that most people who have seen the match agree it wasn't, and people who havent have just seen the scoreline and assumed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you watch auto racing (even bicycle racing), then you'll know teams with more than 1 driver/rider often time do this on purpose. And it's widely accepted by both the audience and competitors as a form of "team strategy". As long as they put on a good show, I don't really care.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bbn

post the link on the interview with Susi Susanti in Jakarta post especially to her reference to european players esp Camilla ?
    no need to do that, someone already did, go to general forum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bbn

Are you talking about this article : http://www.badmintonforum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=22188 ??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by seven
    Are you talking about this article : http://www.badmintonforum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=22188 ??
    I must have missed the thread.

Notice that Susi mentioned sponsorship.

China invests a lot of money to get where she is and Japan spends a lot of money.

Except for England which has done sth have other Europeans contibuted much in terms of finance or are they always scheming to limit China's success?

Camilla and Gade are just asking other Europeans to invest more to bear fruit, not just whining .

Can anyone imagine badminton without China or Japan ?

Remember how the game lost a lot of followers in the years 1993-1996, the lowest point in history..

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast