Fake armortec 800 offensive?

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by deveraux, Mar 15, 2005.

1. deveraux

deveraux Regular Member

Hi all, I just got a the new armortec 800 off on ebay for GBP 75 and I am worried that it might be fake. All the specs that I have read about the armortec 800 off says that it is a 4U/G4 racket but on mine, it says 3U/G5. Is this a cause for concern?

By the way, my serials are 070462 (on the shaft) and the other (on the cap) is covered by a shiny yonex sticker with only the letters "SP" seen on the edge. The color scheme seems alright though. I am just worried about the 3U/G5 rating since this racket feels slightly heavier than my armortec 300.

Thank you for your time.

2. deveraux

deveraux Regular Member

Ok, I read the serial number now (removed the sticker), its:
    070462 041399SP

Is this a fake serial or anyway for me to check?

3. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    I'm sorry to say this, but you were conned. It's a fake. Date code is 04 - 13 - 9. We haven't reached 2009 yet, so as of that, I'm saying it's a fake. Also judging from the number on the shaft, according to the current range it's supposed to be in, I'm quite sure it's supposed to be above 46****.

4. deveraux

deveraux Regular Member

Oh well. Lesson to be learnt here I suppose. I don't think the seller even knows that it is a fake. I tried contacting Yonex and they said they would have to examine the whole racket before they could be sure whether it was fake or not and couldn't tell just from the serial number.

I'm just wondering if I can prove to him that its a fake since Yonex won't even tell me that from the serial. Any ideas? Anyone?