User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Thailand Version Vs Japanese Version

So can anyone explain to me what the diffrences are between the Thailand Version of the Armotec 800 (DF) and the Japanese Version of the Armotec 800 (DF) cause im lost in this whole diffrent country version thing....i know there are malaysian versions out there....some one please explain to me the diffrences if there are any!! Email would work best!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is no difference, except prices. The same mold, the same prepregs, the same 4U and 3U come out from the same mold, it's weight classification more a reflection of allowable tolerances, adjusted and fine-tuned with proper selection of the handle and use of rubber counterweight and lead sheet, in a production batch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

other than that, some other minor differences are:
    1. The carrying bag comes in different style.
    2. Warranty period is different.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here in the philippines, TH rackets cost 1/2 the price of SP and JP rackets...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crosstrainer
    What price is the TH version you saw? The cheapest i can find here is Php 9,000

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are all "Made in Japan" claimed by Yonex and we should not doubt it as it is a reputable company. Their mould is completely the same but the difference of pricing, why?

The reason is simple.

In Japan many people are leading luxurious lifes, their have great economy they make plenty of money, people earn more than others, prices goes up to balance the people's life

Whereas in Thailand, their lifes and economy are not doing as well as Japan so they can't have their prices of the racket having the same price of what the Japanese are paying. Inorder to adapt to their living, they have to lower their price to what average people can afford there and for other countries.

Example : You get a pair of shoes at $120 at your home country and you found the exact same pair for only $60 . Its all to adapt to the citizens life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kai91
    They are all "Made in Japan" claimed by Yonex and we should not doubt it as it is a reputable company. Their mould is completely the same but the difference of pricing, why?

The reason is simple.

In Japan many people are leading luxurious lifes, their have great economy they make plenty of money, people earn more than others, prices goes up to balance the people's life

Whereas in Thailand, their lifes and economy are not doing as well as Japan so they can't have their prices of the racket having the same price of what the Japanese are paying. Inorder to adapt to their living, they have to lower their price to what average people can afford there and for other countries.

Example : You get a pair of shoes at $120 at your home country and you found the exact same pair for only $60 . Its all to adapt to the citizens life.
    This is similar to the mcdonalds theory or what you call it... (McDonalds is in the name of the concept.. or was it the bigmac theory... AH WHATEVER) mmm.

The point is, the price of a product is usually suited to the standard living the people in the country....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with that point. It really depends on the market conditions of a particular country. For example, McDonald is considered cheap fast food for most country's, but in china. It is high end. It's even more expensive than popular chinese foods we know of.

That is because government tax foreign franchise heavily to product the local food industry.

Here, SP is very expensive, but I've personally tried TW and TH versions and it is the same. From a simple thing as the paint job, it wont chip easily even for cheaper TH and TW versons.

There are also cases that japanese are looking for TH versions knowing fully that they are the same quality.

When Yonex labelled it as "Made in Japan" (Not "Made by Japan"), you have to trust them coz their brand name is on the line.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=roquejo]I agree with that point. It really depends on the market conditions of a particular country. For example, McDonald is considered cheap fast food for most country's, but in china. It is high end. It's even more expensive than popular chinese foods we know of.[QUOTE]

This isnt actually the case. "american" fast food such as KFC and McDonalds is about 50% cheaper in china

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crosstrainer
    Well i think its because its being brought in by frequent Philippino travellers to Thailand. Dont think there is a Yonex distributor that have shipments of TH yonex products to Philippines.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=General Foo][QUOTE=roquejo]I agree with that point. It really depends on the market conditions of a particular country. For example, McDonald is considered cheap fast food for most country's, but in china. It is high end. It's even more expensive than popular chinese foods we know of.

This isnt actually the case. "american" fast food such as KFC and McDonalds is about 50% cheaper in china
    To you it might be 50% cheaper, but we're talking about the Chinese market here. That 50% might very well be half a day pay for some sweat shop factory worker in China.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Foo
    It might be true. However, an full time engineer in CHN owns less than a US high school student who works in KFC for like 10 hrs a week.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy
    It might be true. However, an full time engineer in CHN owns less than a US high school student who works in KFC for like 10 hrs a week.
    Well depends on cities. The engineers our company hire in Beijing is about 1/5 of our salary. I don't know how much KFC pay. Just make it $10/hr. 10x10X52 = 5200.
    Last edited by Qidong; 03-16-2005 at 02:35 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qidong
    Well depends on cities. The engineers our company hire in Beijing is about 1/5 of our salary. I don't know how much KFC pay. Just make it $10/hr. 10x10X52 = 5200.
    Lol... Ok, I am just use it as an example. I don't know the exact ratio, but I am sure that u see my point. As a well experienced full time engineer over there barely bypass a part time high school student here is nothing to be proud of.

Also, employee hired by big corp or foreign own companies DOES make significantly more than the ones hired by local small firms.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qidong
    Well, what lazybuddy says still makes sense though, dont forget you're using someone from Beijing - China's capital - as an example. Besides Shanghai, Beijing workers probably receive the highest wages.

From my knowledge, employees in other China cities really do not earn that much.

Oh, another thing... 5200 is in USD. in RMB that would be a very healthy figure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by roquejo
    What price is the TH version you saw? The cheapest i can find here is Php 9,000
    Best price i can find is $125.00 US Dollars thats ok, compared to the retail of 250.00 US doalars

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kai91
    The reason is simple.

so i guess it makes the codes more of a status symbol than a country/distribution code?

jp/sp = rich/elite people, th = poor people.

if that's the case, then why are a lot of stores here in the philippines selling jp/sp coded rackets? i rarely see th coded rackets sold here. i don't think i can consider our country rich. our economy isn't doing good either. and even if i were rich, i wouldn't buy something at a higher price when i know i can get it cheaper. i think it's sort of stupid to pay for the same racket at a higher price just so i can be considered one of the elites.. well, that's only my opinion.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast