User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sky racket
    so i guess it makes the codes more of a status symbol than a country/distribution code?

jp/sp = rich/elite people, th = poor people.

if that's the case, then why are a lot of stores here in the philippines selling jp/sp coded rackets? i rarely see th coded rackets sold here. i don't think i can consider our country rich. our economy isn't doing good either. and even if i were rich, i wouldn't buy something at a higher price when i know i can get it cheaper. i think it's sort of stupid to pay for the same racket at a higher price just so i can be considered one of the elites.. well, that's only my opinion.
    Well...maybe its a misconception like many of the BF'ers (no offense) thinking that different country code does make a difference in quality. However, I cannot prove that CN/CP racket has different quality as Luxis Sports already claimed that it is of a better quality among the rest and I can't possibly be arguing with a racket expert.

JP/SP is not elite. It is just to balance their economy
    TH is not poor too, just like above to balance their economy

Example:
    Lets have an average pricing of a racket for if they do have different country pricing
    JP : 200USD
    TH: 100USD
    If they don't, I will make the average pricing 150USD
    So for every 150USD the Japanese is 50USD richer and the TH is 50USD poorer.

I believe your country do not have a official Yonex distributor so only leaving them with a few alternatives
    1. Get the JP version
    2. Get from sunrise
    3. Get the cheaper ones from Thailand

1. They did, but due to difference of economy their pricing is much higher
    2. They also did, and also for economy reasons, their prices are still high but lower than the JPs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so i guess it makes the codes more of a status symbol than a country/distribution code?

if that's the case, then why are a lot of stores here in the philippines selling jp/sp coded rackets? i rarely see th coded rackets sold here. i don't think i can consider our country rich. our economy isn't doing good either. and even if i were rich, i wouldn't buy something at a higher price when i know i can get it cheaper. i think it's sort of stupid to pay for the same racket at a higher price just so i can be considered one of the elites.. well, that's only my opinion.
    Well...maybe its a misconception like many of the BF'ers (no offense) thinking that different country code does make a difference in quality. However, I cannot prove that CN/CP racket has different quality as Luxis Sports already claimed that it is of a better quality among the rest and I can't possibly be arguing with a racket expert.

Example:
    Lets have an average pricing of a racket for if they do have different country pricing

I believe your country do not have a official Yonex distributor so only leaving them with a few alternatives
    1. Get the JP version
    2. Get from sunrise

2. They also did, and also for economy reasons, their prices are still high but lower than the JPs
    3. As thailand has a different distributor, their company may be a minor one and only in-charged of Thailand

Even if you do see TH rackets, they might be only stocked in small batch, they can't order one truck of those. Maybe in terms of a dozen rackets TH coded.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Example:

1. Get the JP version
    2. Get from sunrise

3. As thailand has a different distributor, their company may be a minor one and only in-charged of Thailand

Even if you do see TH rackets, they might be only stocked in small batch, they can't order one truck of those. Maybe in terms of a dozen rackets TH coded.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

found some AT800DF models selling for Php6500 to about Php8000
    MP99 and 100, selling fror about Php6000 to Php7200

ants is correct about gray-market imports coming from bangkok

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys..... guys......

I think we must stay on to the question, not out of the topic.
    Zgungravez asked about the diffrences between the TH and JP version.

Zgungravez,

You have to make your question more clear. What do you mean by the differences ? You have to more specific.
    Are you asking about the differences in Quality ? Price ? After Sales service ? Warranty ? or ........

If you ask about the diffrence of country code, you must read this article

If you ask about the diffrence of prices, so... you must know a little bit about economical term.
    Racket in the rich countries (Europe, US, Canada, Japan and .....) will be more expensive than in South East Asia and South Asia including China.
    Why ? Simple answer, because in the rich countries, you have to pay employer more and the taxes also more higher.

If you ask about warranty or other things.
    Well, the answer is : Depend on ..............

Quote Originally Posted by zgungravez
    So can anyone explain to me what the diffrences are between the Thailand Version of the Armotec 800 (DF) and the Japanese Version of the Armotec 800 (DF) cause im lost in this whole diffrent country version thing....i know there are malaysian versions out there....some one please explain to me the diffrences if there are any!! Email would work best!
    Last edited by jkusmanto; 03-17-2005 at 04:33 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The differences between say two AT700 3U JP racquets can be as great as, or even greater than, the difference between anyone of them and a similar TH model. The different prices in different countries and even in the same country simply show what we are. We don't mind paying more for a bottle of coke at a Seven Eleven store, even if you know you can get it cheaper at a supermarket which is a 10 mins. walk away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Diffrences

Quote Originally Posted by jkusmanto
    Guys..... guys......

I think we must stay on to the question, not out of the topic.
    Zgungravez asked about the diffrences between the TH and JP version.

Zgungravez,

You have to make your question more clear. What do you mean by the differences ? You have to more specific.
    Are you asking about the differences in Quality ? Price ? After Sales service ? Warranty ? or ........

If you ask about the diffrence of country code, you must read this article

If you ask about the diffrence of prices, so... you must know a little bit about economical term.
    Racket in the rich countries (Europe, US, Canada, Japan and .....) will be more expensive than in South East Asia and South Asia including China.
    Why ? Simple answer, because in the rich countries, you have to pay employer more and the taxes also more higher.

If you ask about warranty or other things.
    Well, the answer is : Depend on ..............
    Well i did ask for help on the diffrences if there were any. Any being, well any and all diffrences i believe. Having so many players and enthusiasts in this forum, as i have just recently discovered, makes for a very large range of answers, all of which i welcome. Also seeing how this is a forum, i greatly appreciate and encourage the great amount of help that all of you have given me in answering my question. I have read each and every reply i am nothing less than greatful for everyone of them. So go on with any sub topic that may digress from the main topic a bit if any of you believe it would help me and, or any other enthusiast who may be looking at this forum for answers that may relate to my original question. Once again, thank you all for your help!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=General Foo][QUOTE=roquejo]I agree with that point. It really depends on the market conditions of a particular country. For example, McDonald is considered cheap fast food for most country's, but in china. It is high end. It's even more expensive than popular chinese foods we know of.

This isnt actually the case. "american" fast food such as KFC and McDonalds is about 50% cheaper in china
    Ya, compared to the price in your country. But relative to the prices from china, it is very expensive. For example, a big McDonalds value meal in Beijing cost about RMD 8, but for only RMD 4, you can buy a large chinese dish good for 2-3 people at a local chinese restaurant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crosstrainer
    found some AT800DF models selling for Php6500 to about Php8000
    MP99 and 100, selling fror about Php6000 to Php7200

ants is correct about gray-market imports coming from bangkok
    Where??? I just bought an AT800DE for Php 9,000 at shuttler's station just hours ago .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kai91
    They are all "Made in Japan" claimed by Yonex and we should not doubt it as it is a reputable company. Their mould is completely the same but the difference of pricing, why?

The reason is simple.

In Japan many people are leading luxurious lifes, their have great economy they make plenty of money, people earn more than others, prices goes up to balance the people's life

Whereas in Thailand, their lifes and economy are not doing as well as Japan so they can't have their prices of the racket having the same price of what the Japanese are paying. Inorder to adapt to their living, they have to lower their price to what average people can afford there and for other countries.

Example : You get a pair of shoes at $120 at your home country and you found the exact same pair for only $60 . Its all to adapt to the citizens life.
    I think Kai91's post gets to the root of what causes the difference in pricing. This is good to note, but to answer the original question we need to look at the consequences of having vastly different pricing depending on the country.

Let's for the moment just compare TH racquets - regarded as the cheapest in the world - to JP racquets - regarded as the best and most expensive. If you go to Thailand and purchase an AT800DE it'll cost you about US$100, meanwhile in Japan you'd pay closer to US$250. The reason for this is stated in the above quoted post. These racquets ARE made in the same mold at the same places, as Taneepak said.

Now lets say the direct costs associated with these racquets (shipping, manufacturing, materials) are about US$50 in Japan and US$52 in Thailand (needs to be shipped there, lets also assume no import tax/duties in Thailand). This means between the store, Yonex Corporate HQ, and the local Yonex distributor, there is US$48 profit in Thailand and US$200 profit in Japan.

Now lets say the profit is split evenly - thus everyone in the business channel is making 4 times as much off a JP racquet sold in Japan versus a TH racquet sold in Thailand. So here's what happens:

Retail Store/Chain - Since they see more profit from you, they'll be more likely to provide much better service: Convient locations, astetically pleasing environments, better stock, better service and quality of service, more freebies!

Local Yonex distributor - Since they see more profit per racquet sold, they'll be more likely to be forgiving and friendly when you break your racquet - offering a replacement without much (if any) hassle. Also since they have greater profits they will be more willing to redistribute some of them to promote Yonex through sponsorships - helping the local professional athletes in your country.

Yonex Corporate HQ - Since they see more income from stuff sold in Japan, they are more willing to sell higher quality merchandise to that region. The reason why you will never see BG65Power and BG88Ti sold outside of Japan (excluding people who import it themselves) is because Japan can afford to pay more, so they will be more willing to sell them higher quality merchandise. It is not simply because Japan wants to keep higher quality merchandise only for themselves.

Also, consider for the moment that not all racquets are made equal (even if they look it) and that certain batches of racquets produced by Yonex can be of a notably higher or lower quality compared with other batches. The raw materials used for racquets can come from multiple sources depending on where supply is available and can definitely vary in quality. This isn't something anyone at BF could really verify without having directly tested 5+ racquets from various batches of the same model. Now if Yonex gets an exceptionally bad batch of racquets then being a business they would not simply discard them, and if not then guess where they'd go? The same goes for an exceptionally good batch - it would of course stay in Japan.

Now if their manufacturing is stable then there wouldn't be any difference between a TH and JP racquet - however Yonex will always have the power to dump lower grade merchandise on the lower end markets - they ARE a business, not a democracy.

In conclusion, there's potential differences in the racquet, the service, and the warranty depending on where it was sold, but a JP racquet CAN be just as good as a TH racquet, a TH store CAN offer the same level of service as a JP store, and the TH Yonex distributor CAN offer the same sponsorship and warranty as the JP distributor... however it's ALWAYS the case that the JP merchandise will be the best Yonex can offer, with the TH being more of a gamble.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Umm.. this country distribution codes have sparked endless arguments in the past... there's even a forum that was closed coz it won't stop.

The last post is very analytical and make sense theoretically..

But the bottom line is actual experience..its what's separate from theoretical and practical.

On my part I'm a user of AT800OF TW version, stringed BG88TI @ 26 lbs which is about the same price as the TH level.. my racquet was subjected to heavy clashes and abuses in the last 3 months because I'm not careful. It's still standing and only has 3 small spots where the paint is peeled off. But it didn't degrade in performance.

Unlike my former RSL 4900 in which just a simple clash and the paint is off already. I rarely used my RSL so it is not subjected yet to a heavy clash but there are signs of wear already.

I have read the past forum and I'm convinced that the quality are all the same, in fact, I just bought an AT800DE TH version this afternoon.

I guess it is better for us to share our actual experience on TH, TW, SP, JP racquets etc, than analyzing things. If anyone can narrate that his TH or TW broke easily then share it. In fact, I've recalled someone posting that his SP racquets broke in its first clash so yonex replaced it. So it doesn't strictly follow that JP/CN racquets are better than the rest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by outlah
    To you it might be 50% cheaper, but we're talking about the Chinese market here. That 50% might very well be half a day pay for some sweat shop factory worker in China.
    You must take into account that say $1 in china would go much further than it would in USA. Products are a lot cheaper. Oh and btw... surely you dont believe that american political Bullsh*t unless u are unbelievably gullible and naive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by outlah
    To you it might be 50% cheaper, but we're talking about the Chinese market here. That 50% might very well be half a day pay for some sweat shop factory worker in China.
    And i may as well add... the chinese market is the fastest growing in the world... reaching 10% increase in GDP per annum where as the american market is only reaching 2. By 2020 America will no longer be the epitomy of superpowers - not that it is. Just to put that into perspective when the japanese market was growing it reached about 7%.

PS. do your research before u start slagging off foreign countries.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by roquejo
    Ya, compared to the price in your country. But relative to the prices from china, it is very expensive. For example, a big McDonalds value meal in Beijing cost about RMD 8, but for only RMD 4, you can buy a large chinese dish good for 2-3 people at a local chinese restaurant.
    WTF are you talking about? It costs at least 20 RMB**** to buy a dish on a plate regardless of how many people are eating. and what is RMD??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Foo
    WTF are you talking about? It costs at least 20 RMB**** to buy a dish on a plate regardless of how many people are eating. and what is RMD??
    Hello...I've just been to Beijing, china 3 months ago and I'm chinese ... 20 RMB maybe in a classy tourist restaurant. What I meant is in a normal local chinese resto.

Please stop commenting coz I've just been there..

BTW, RMB is chinese currency... It's an acronym of what it is called in chinese. "Ren Min Bee".

Anyway, I think we are in the wrong forum to discuss these..
    Last edited by roquejo; 03-19-2005 at 11:35 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by roquejo
    Hello...I've just been to Beijing, china 3 months ago and I'm chinese ... 20 RMB maybe in a classy tourist restaurant. What I meant is in a normal local chinese resto.

Please stop commenting coz I've just been there..

BTW, RMB is chinese currency... It's an acronym of what it is called in chinese. "Ren Min Bee".

Anyway, I think we are in the wrong forum to discuss these..
    I think its was a typo u made that spelled RMD instead of RMB

And General Foo,

A gentle reminder, plz conduct your behaviour and stop posting harsh post.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, you're streotyping here. Don't you think all politicians and politics are, sorry to say and repeat your term "Bullsh*t", no matter where you are or what country it is. That's just the reality.
    I live in the U.S. and know that politics are really stink, esp. here also. But don't tell me it doesn't happen anywhere else. That's a fact we can't deny and it happens in all countries in the world, including your very own U.K.(if you indeed live there)..

I don't really want to get into this, but that's my opinion..

Quote Originally Posted by General Foo
    You must take into account that say $1 in china would go much further than it would in USA. Products are a lot cheaper. Oh and btw... surely you dont believe that american political Bullsh*t unless u are unbelievably gullible and naive.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast