User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Sorry for going into politics talk again..

sure they are, they're the "fastest" to grow in Asia, and arguably in the world in recent yrs. That's why the Japanese is probably a bit nervous. But as far as I know, even when the Chinese economy is growing at a 10% clip, the U.S. is also growing and still keeping pace. Like you said, "when the japanese market was growing it reached about 7%", sure it did, but the U.S. is still ahead of them even during those times. The same can be said about China, as well as other countries, sure they're growing but the U.S. is still at the forefront, keeping pace.

As far as the statement "By 2020 America will no longer be the epitomy of superpowers", it could be(if you don't mind, can you give a reference to that comment). I'm not denying it, but unless the U.S. got attacked or invaded big time that it could no longer support itself, that's just the prediction and even if they're not "superpowers", then it works both ways. Actually the U.S. is quite satisfied now, as country like China is growing and basically has dropped their so called "communism" system and followed the "western" system-see democracy. As the U.S. would want the rest of the world to "follow" them. You know it also, when the Europeans started their movement toward "democracy", that's when they see their economy growing.

just my 2 cents..

Quote Originally Posted by General Foo
    And i may as well add... the chinese market is the fastest growing in the world... reaching 10% increase in GDP per annum where as the american market is only reaching 2. By 2020 America will no longer be the epitomy of superpowers - not that it is. Just to put that into perspective when the japanese market was growing it reached about 7%.

PS. do your research before u start slagging off foreign countries.
    Last edited by ctjcad; 03-19-2005 at 04:19 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kai91
    I think its was a typo u made that spelled RMD instead of RMB

And General Foo,

A gentle reminder, plz conduct your behaviour and stop posting harsh post.
    Ah ok thanks.

Anyway, lets stop this already.. we are supposed to be discussing badminton stuffs which we are all interested in. So please lets just leave the rest behind. Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad
    sure they are, they're the "fastest" to grow in Asia, and arguably in the world in recent yrs. That's why the Japanese is probably a bit nervous. But as far as I know, even when the Chinese economy is growing at a 10% clip, the U.S. is also growing and still keeping pace. Like you said, "when the japanese market was growing it reached about 7%", sure it did, but the U.S. is still ahead of them even during those times. The same can be said about China, as well as other countries, sure they're growing but the U.S. is still at the forefront, keeping pace.

As far as the statement "By 2020 America will no longer be the epitomy of superpowers", it could be(if you don't mind, can you give a reference to that comment). I'm not denying it, but unless the U.S. got attacked or invaded big time that it could no longer support itself, that's just the prediction and even if they're not "superpowers", then it works both ways. Actually the U.S. is quite satisfied now, as country like China is growing and basically has dropped their so called "communism" system and followed the "western" system-see democracy. As the U.S. would want the rest of the world to "follow" them. You know it also, when the Europeans started their movement toward "democracy", that's when they see their economy growing.

just my 2 cents..
    btw sorry about the harsh posts eveyone (didnt mean to offend anyone)

i dont want to endeavour in this subject any further since it no longer concerns badminton but i do agree with your comments about the US still being at the forefront but i disagree with them "keeping pace". Their economy just isnt growing with the same rapidity. Consequently, by 2020 they will have been overtaken IF the economies continue to grow at the same rate. The source... various newspapers such as:

www.timesonline.co.uk

and my economics teacher.

Kind Regards

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3