Thailand Version Vs Japanese Version

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by zgungravez, Mar 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zgungravez

zgungravez Regular Member

So can anyone explain to me what the diffrences are between the Thailand Version of the Armotec 800 (DF) and the Japanese Version of the Armotec 800 (DF) cause im lost in this whole diffrent country version thing....i know there are malaysian versions out there....some one please explain to me the diffrences if there are any!! Email would work best!

2. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    There is no difference, except prices. The same mold, the same prepregs, the same 4U and 3U come out from the same mold, it's weight classification more a reflection of allowable tolerances, adjusted and fine-tuned with proper selection of the handle and use of rubber counterweight and lead sheet, in a production batch.

3. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    other than that, some other minor differences are:
    1. The carrying bag comes in different style.
    2. Warranty period is different.

4. crosstrainer

crosstrainer Regular Member

IT consultant
    Here in the philippines, TH rackets cost 1/2 the price of SP and JP rackets...

5. roquejo

roquejo Regular Member

What price is the TH version you saw? The cheapest i can find here is Php 9,000

6. Kai91

Kai91 Regular Member

Student
    They are all "Made in Japan" claimed by Yonex and we should not doubt it as it is a reputable company. Their mould is completely the same but the difference of pricing, why?

The reason is simple.

In Japan many people are leading luxurious lifes, their have great economy they make plenty of money, people earn more than others, prices goes up to balance the people's life

Whereas in Thailand, their lifes and economy are not doing as well as Japan so they can't have their prices of the racket having the same price of what the Japanese are paying. Inorder to adapt to their living, they have to lower their price to what average people can afford there and for other countries.

Example : You get a pair of shoes at $120 at your home country and you found the exact same pair for only $60:eek: . Its all to adapt to the citizens life.

7. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    This is similar to the mcdonalds theory or what you call it... (McDonalds is in the name of the concept.. or was it the bigmac theory... AH WHATEVER) mmm.

The point is, the price of a product is usually suited to the standard living the people in the country....

8. roquejo

roquejo Regular Member

I agree with that point. It really depends on the market conditions of a particular country. For example, McDonald is considered cheap fast food for most country's, but in china. It is high end. It's even more expensive than popular chinese foods we know of.

That is because government tax foreign franchise heavily to product the local food industry.

Here, SP is very expensive, but I've personally tried TW and TH versions and it is the same. From a simple thing as the paint job, it wont chip easily even for cheaper TH and TW versons.

There are also cases that japanese are looking for TH versions knowing fully that they are the same quality.

When Yonex labelled it as "Made in Japan" (Not "Made by Japan"), you have to trust them coz their brand name is on the line.

9. General Foo

General Foo Regular Member

student

10. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Well i think its because its being brought in by frequent Philippino travellers to Thailand. Dont think there is a Yonex distributor that have shipments of TH yonex products to Philippines.

11. outlah

outlah Regular Member

government hand-out

12. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    It might be true. However, an full time engineer in CHN owns less than a US high school student who works in KFC for like 10 hrs a week. ;)

13. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    Well depends on cities. The engineers our company hire in Beijing is about 1/5 of our salary. I don't know how much KFC pay. Just make it $10/hr. 10x10X52 = 5200. ;)

#13 Qidong, Mar 16, 2005
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2005
  14. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Lol... Ok, I am just use it as an example. I don't know the exact ratio, but I am sure that u see my point. As a well experienced full time engineer over there barely bypass a part time high school student here is nothing to be proud of. :p

Also, employee hired by big corp or foreign own companies DOES make significantly more than the ones hired by local small firms. ;)

15. onegoodsoul

onegoodsoul Regular Member

Student
    Well, what lazybuddy says still makes sense though, dont forget you're using someone from Beijing - China's capital - as an example. Besides Shanghai, Beijing workers probably receive the highest wages.

From my knowledge, employees in other China cities really do not earn that much.

Oh, another thing... 5200 is in USD. in RMB that would be a very healthy figure.

16. zgungravez

zgungravez Regular Member

Best price i can find is $125.00 US Dollars thats ok, compared to the retail of 250.00 US doalars

17. sky racket

sky racket Regular Member

so i guess it makes the codes more of a status symbol than a country/distribution code? :confused: :)

jp/sp = rich/elite people, th = poor people.

if that's the case, then why are a lot of stores here in the philippines selling jp/sp coded rackets? i rarely see th coded rackets sold here. i don't think i can consider our country rich. our economy isn't doing good either. :confused: and even if i were rich, i wouldn't buy something at a higher price when i know i can get it cheaper. i think it's sort of stupid to pay for the same racket at a higher price just so i can be considered one of the elites.. well, that's only my opinion. :cool:

18. Kai91

Kai91 Regular Member

Student
    Well...maybe its a misconception like many of the BF'ers (no offense) thinking that different country code does make a difference in quality. However, I cannot prove that CN/CP racket has different quality as Luxis Sports already claimed that it is of a better quality among the rest and I can't possibly be arguing with a racket expert.

JP/SP is not elite. It is just to balance their economy
    TH is not poor too, just like above to balance their economy

Example:
    Lets have an average pricing of a racket for if they do have different country pricing
    JP : 200USD
    TH: 100USD
    If they don't, I will make the average pricing 150USD
    So for every 150USD the Japanese is 50USD richer and the TH is 50USD poorer.

I believe your country do not have a official Yonex distributor so only leaving them with a few alternatives
    1. Get the JP version
    2. Get from sunrise
    3. Get the cheaper ones from Thailand

1. They did, but due to difference of economy their pricing is much higher
    2. They also did, and also for economy reasons, their prices are still high but lower than the JPs

19. Kai91

Kai91 Regular Member

Student
    Well...maybe its a misconception like many of the BF'ers (no offense) thinking that different country code does make a difference in quality. However, I cannot prove that CN/CP racket has different quality as Luxis Sports already claimed that it is of a better quality among the rest and I can't possibly be arguing with a racket expert.

Example:
    Lets have an average pricing of a racket for if they do have different country pricing

I believe your country do not have a official Yonex distributor so only leaving them with a few alternatives
    1. Get the JP version
    2. Get from sunrise

2. They also did, and also for economy reasons, their prices are still high but lower than the JPs
    3. As thailand has a different distributor, their company may be a minor one and only in-charged of Thailand

Even if you do see TH rackets, they might be only stocked in small batch, they can't order one truck of those. Maybe in terms of a dozen rackets TH coded.;)

20. Kai91

Kai91 Regular Member

Student

Example:

1. Get the JP version
    2. Get from sunrise

3. As thailand has a different distributor, their company may be a minor one and only in-charged of Thailand

Even if you do see TH rackets, they might be only stocked in small batch, they can't order one truck of those. Maybe in terms of a dozen rackets TH coded.;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.