User Tag List

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Shb-99

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got silver SHT-304 ( tennis shoes) and the material doesn't seem to be tought for badminton lunge. And they look to be the same as the SHB-99

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SWC_Ant
    for those who have bought/tried the SHB 99, i know that the 98 is narrower than the 89.. but how about the 99? because im in Canada, and im wishing to buy a pair of 99 from taiwan and have someone bring it over for me.. but here (even at clearOne) they haven't heard of the SHB 99 but i dont know which shoe (89/98) i should try to find the size that would fit my feet for 99's.. any help would be great thanks
    reading this thread would help you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default a small suggestion

Hi evryone,

I would like to suggest that we should buy a pair of badminton shoes with 1/2 size bigger. For example: I usually wear 7 and 1/2 size shoes, but for playing badminton I have to buy the size 8 shoes. The reason is that when I try to stop or break for saving the drop shots, I will move my feet so hardly. That will force my feet move front to touch the shoes, so we should leave some space for the impact.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yanpok
    Hi evryone,

I would like to suggest that we should buy a pair of badminton shoes with 1/2 size bigger. For example: I usually wear 7 and 1/2 size shoes, but for playing badminton I have to buy the size 8 shoes. The reason is that when I try to stop or break for saving the drop shots, I will move my feet so hardly. That will force my feet move front to touch the shoes, so we should leave some space for the impact.
    Errr...

Personally, I think allow feet to move within the shoes is rather dangerous in badminton...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dun forget that new shoes will feel tighter than after some use

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reason I said that it is because I have perfect 7and 1/2 side feet. I have to allow my feet to move (not a lot) when I play badminton. I remember, Mizuno always suggests buyers who play indoor sports to wear 1/2 size more from their normally size. I did not believe before. I bought a pair of badminton(size 7 and 1/2) shoes from them. After some games the thrumb of my right foot got black nail(I am a right handy and use my right foot to break). I had to wait about two months to recover.

Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy
    Errr...

Personally, I think allow feet to move within the shoes is rather dangerous in badminton...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yanpok
    The reason I said that it is because I have perfect 7and 1/2 side feet. I have to allow my feet to move (not a lot) when I play badminton. I remember, Mizuno always suggests buyers who play indoor sports to wear 1/2 size more from their normally size. I did not believe before. I bought a pair of badminton(size 7 and 1/2) shoes from them. After some games the thrumb of my right foot got black nail(I am a right handy and use my right foot to break). I had to wait about two months to recover.
    my normal shoes are size 10.5... but im finding my size 10.5 nike court shoes too loose at the front.. it slides when i have more intense training, and hurts the inside side of my big toe.. my coach told me to wear thicker socks and tie the shoe laces tighter to prevent the friction from hurting my feet.. so far it's working.. but i'm planning to get size 10 badminton shoes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my normal shoes are size 10.5... but im finding my size 10.5 nike court shoes too loose at the front.. it slides when i have more intense training, and hurts the inside side of my big toe.. my coach told me to wear thicker socks and tie the shoe laces tighter to prevent the friction from hurting my feet.. so far it's working.. but i'm planning to get size 10 badminton shoes
    Nike court shoes are notorious for being wide. Yonex ones are narrower. The same size of nike ones as compared to yonex would hence feel bigger, so before you go for 10, you should also consider the width.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ant, if you feel the nike court shoes too loose, it means there is too much space between your toes and the shoes' front. You should consider to buy the professional badminton shoes like yonex or mizuno. bty, Do you feel your feet move forward, when you try to stop during badminton games?
    I dont think it is a good idea to buy a pair of smaller shoes (smaller than your foot length) to play badminton. it hurts your toes even more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well i'm going to try out the SHB 89 to get a feel of what size would fit.. i dont want anything loose to cause that problem again.. i dont quite know if its my foot sliding forward when i stop thats causing the pain.. but it could be.. or it could be just sideways movement.. i'm guessing a slightly tighter fit would cause less friction than a loose fit.. but i'll still try out some of the shoes before i decide on the shoe size to get

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

well damn it. my SHB89 is quite worn. after 2 years it has developed a large hole on the side of the shoes and getting larger and larger everytime i play. with Yonex discontinued the SHB89, it looks like SHB99 is my only choice. i will go try it out and see. will post a review if it ends up fitting my feet.

otherwise, i think i will be stuck without any choice of good badminton shoes. the selection here in the US is quite limited

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had my uncle buy me a pair of shb 99m in china. the size is: US 10, UK 9.5, EUROPE 44 and 28CM. my feet are exactly 27CM long and I have somewhat wide feet. do you guys know if they would fit? I have tried casual reebok shoes in size 10 and 11. they fit ok but 10 felt a little bit tight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun
    well damn it. my SHB89 is quite worn. after 2 years it has developed a large hole on the side of the shoes and getting larger and larger everytime i play. with Yonex discontinued the SHB89, it looks like SHB99 is my only choice. i will go try it out and see. will post a review if it ends up fitting my feet.

otherwise, i think i will be stuck without any choice of good badminton shoes. the selection here in the US is quite limited
    wow 2 years is a long time.. especially for badminton shoes.
    according to http://www.brightsites.be/downloads/...Badm2005_4.pdf SHB89 isn't discontinued though.. what do you mean?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun

kwun, SHB89 is not discontinuned yet. Yonex has only discontinued the MX version (the old orange-red one), but not the MG version (the yellow one). You don't need to worry about that and you should be able to find the new 89 everywhere.

PS: I was told that MX version is now on sale in TW for $50 USD a pair!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bluejeff
    kwun, SHB89 is not discontinuned yet. Yonex has only discontinued the MX version (the old orange-red one), but not the MG version (the yellow one). You don't need to worry about that and you should be able to find the new 89 everywhere.
    well, in the US they are. neither version are listed in any of the US retailers' site nor in www.yonex.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bluejeff

PS: I was told that MX version is now on sale in TW for $50 USD a pair!
    i dont know if this is an appropriate question here, but is there a difference between the MX and the MG besides the color?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by frankcent
    I had my uncle buy me a pair of shb 99m in china. the size is: US 10, UK 9.5, EUROPE 44 and 28CM. my feet are exactly 27CM long and I have somewhat wide feet. do you guys know if they would fit? I have tried casual reebok shoes in size 10 and 11. they fit ok but 10 felt a little bit tight.
    shb-99's quite narrow...

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast