Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Shb-99

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Nicholls

The 99s feel more like the 89s than the 98s
    They have a wider fitting than the 98, about the same as the 89.
    They are heavier than the 98s, again, about the same as the 89, but they felt light whilst being worn.

So I bought a pair.
    Quote Originally Posted by ah tat
    shb-99's quite narrow...
    Im confused?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by frankcent
    Im confused?
    I stand by my comments. I have 1 pair of each 89, 98, 99, and they get worn equally in rotation (1 day on, 2 off)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok guys, ive seen and wore the new shb99mid , hmm, well 1st impression was quite heavy for me , but comfortable though. its quite big size for me. friction on shoe is good. Personally for me, im not buying the shb99mid but waiting for the low version, sicne its a lower cut & wicked colour. i currently know 3 people who bought the shoe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun
    well damn it. my SHB89 is quite worn. after 2 years it has developed a large hole on the side of the shoes and getting larger and larger everytime i play. with Yonex discontinued the SHB89, it looks like SHB99 is my only choice. i will go try it out and see. will post a review if it ends up fitting my feet.

otherwise, i think i will be stuck without any choice of good badminton shoes. the selection here in the US is quite limited
    SHB89 is still in production? Am I not wrong? I thought I saw it in the catalogue... Anyways in Brunei the new stuff from yonex is coming in sometime this week! Gonna have a look at what they brought in... maybe the NS7ks and SHB99s. If I'm not wrong, one shopkeeper said he can sell 1 pair of SHB99 (low or mid not sure which one) for around SGD$105...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Nicholls
    I stand by my comments. I have 1 pair of each 89, 98, 99, and they get worn equally in rotation (1 day on, 2 off)
    thanks for the input. I really apperciate it. by the way, does the size of 28cm for yonex shoes means 28cm feet should fit fine or the max length inside the shoes is 28cm?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FEND.
    SHB89 is still in production? Am I not wrong? I thought I saw it in the catalogue... Anyways in Brunei the new stuff from yonex is coming in sometime this week! Gonna have a look at what they brought in... maybe the NS7ks and SHB99s. If I'm not wrong, one shopkeeper said he can sell 1 pair of SHB99 (low or mid not sure which one) for around SGD$105...
    i talked to David in Badminton Alley today, and he confirmed that the SHB89 is discontinued. but this applies only to the US (and may be Canada). distributors in diffrent country hold different stocks. in other words, they may still be available in other countries.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by frankcent
    thanks for the input. I really apperciate it. by the way, does the size of 28cm for yonex shoes means 28cm feet should fit fine or the max length inside the shoes is 28cm?
    yes, but it doesn't mean it will definitely fit you. all feet and shoes comes in different shape, width, stiffness and the size is only a rough guide on whether it fits you or not. the best is to try them out in person.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, but it doesn't mean it will definitely fit you. all feet and shoes comes in different shape, width, stiffness and the size is only a rough guide on whether it fits you or not. the best is to try them out in person.
    i'm planning to buy a pair of SHB 99 but i cant try them out in person.. would trying out another shoe (namely the SHB 89, as Neil recommended) be suitable for judging how well it would fit?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

i bought a pair of SHB99 today. went over to badminton alley during lunch break and got a pair. they felt ok when i tried them on. the toe box is quite spacious but it gets narrower as it gets close to the ankle. hopefully over time it should expand a little to fit my wide feet. i will post a review when i try them on court this week....

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SWC_Ant
    i'm planning to buy a pair of SHB 99 but i cant try them out in person.. would trying out another shoe (namely the SHB 89, as Neil recommended) be suitable for judging how well it would fit?
    what do you wear now? SHB89?

i cannot say for sure, here is what i know so you can make your own decision.

i wore a pair of SHB89 for 2 years. they are size US 9. the size and feet fits me well and over time, it has pretty much molded into the shape of my feet.

i tried on the SHB99 today. also size US 9, and i found that the length is same as the SHB89. fit is same (roomy) for toe area, and narrows in as one get close to the ankle.

however, we are comparing shoes that just came out of the box and shoes that have been broken in for a long period of time. i honestly do not remember how the SHB89 felt when i first got them.

with the few minutes that i had them on, i found that the overall feel of the SHB99 is quite close to the SHB89. if you can wait, wait for a couple of days i will post the review of the SHB99 on court. that should give more info on your decision.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what do you wear now? SHB89?

i cannot say for sure, here is what i know so you can make your own decision.

i wore a pair of SHB89 for 2 years. they are size US 9. the size and feet fits me well and over time, it has pretty much molded into the shape of my feet.

i tried on the SHB99 today. also size US 9, and i found that the length is same as the SHB89. fit is same (roomy) for toe area, and narrows in as one get close to the ankle.

however, we are comparing shoes that just came out of the box and shoes that have been broken in for a long period of time. i honestly do not remember how the SHB89 felt when i first got them.

with the few minutes that i had them on, i found that the overall feel of the SHB99 is quite close to the SHB89. if you can wait, wait for a couple of days i will post the review of the SHB99 on court. that should give more info on your decision.
    thanks kwun i'm currently only wearing some Nike court shoes, and i was planning on getting a pair of yonex badminton shoes. i'll be looking forward to your review on the SHB 99!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FEND.
    Too bad that US doesn't have 89 anymore, but as far as I know, both JP and TW still have 89MG listed on the 2005 catalog.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i talked to David in Badminton Alley today, and he confirmed that the SHB89 is discontinued. but this applies only to the US (and may be Canada). distributors in diffrent country hold different stocks. in other words, they may still be available in other countries.
    Ah k. Cause in the yonex catalogue (I found one in the shops) the SHB89 is still there and the shop keepers are trying to push it to me!! lol. I'll prolly get another pair of 98mx or 99 if they come out before I head back down under.

lol. Bluejeff is prolly gonna start scheming how to corner the world with SHB89mgs lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bluejeff
    Too bad that US doesn't have 89 anymore, but as far as I know, both JP and TW still have 89MG listed on the 2005 catalog.
    Same as the UK, we still have it this year in our catalogue (pamphlet), it seems very popular over here.

I tried out the 99's last Sunday and a few of the folks thought they resembled a basetball shoe rather than the slim narrow badminton variety that we usually expect from a Yonex top of the line model.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dill
    I tried out the 99's last Sunday and a few of the folks thought they resembled a basetball shoe rather than the slim narrow badminton variety that we usually expect from a Yonex top of the line model.
    was the pair you tried the mid or the low version?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

was the pair you tried the mid or the low version?
    Low, we never get the mid in the UK for some reason.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i thought high ankle support was the main difference between basketball shoes and other shoes. how does the Low version of SHB 99 resemble basketball shoes?

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast