User Tag List

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Shb-99

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SWC_Ant
    i'm a little confused about what you mean, but from what i gather from a website of a store in taiwan, the SHB 99 MX is the japanese version (ie. more expensive) of the MID, which is the international version (ie. cheaper than MX). the LO i believe is a different version all together (and the only one that is silver)

i also heard somewhere that the MX version is slightly narrower than the MID version
    Im thinking the exactly the opposite way, since the MID appears on the yonex jp. and its a little bit more expensive than the LOW. and the mx appears on the yonex international site. the shoes I bought from bbesports in china seem to be the mx verison ( I havent got them yet but I can tell from the pic posted on bbesports). so IMHO, mx is the international version and mid is the japanese version. by the way, the pics and the notes above are copied from another badminton site. however, Im still wondering if there is any difference between mx and low beside the color.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by frankcent
    Im thinking the exactly the opposite way, since the MID appears on the yonex jp. and its a little bit more expensive than the LOW. and the mx appears on the yonex international site. the shoes I bought from bbesports in china seem to be the mx verison ( I havent got them yet but I can tell from the pic posted on bbesports). so IMHO, mx is the international version and mid is the japanese version. by the way, the pics and the notes above are copied from another badminton site. however, Im still wondering if there is any difference between mx and low beside the color.
    sorry, its my fault. after checking with the website again, MID is the japanese version, and MX and LX are the overseas versions. i'm pretty sure theres a slight height difference between the MX and the LOW.. but since i dont have either i cant tell you for sure

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eggroll
    The low is the limited version. Red and silver
    I just got my 99. It's the red and white version, but I consider it's "low" enough...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    attached pics are US size 8 samples on my feet.
    I personally wear US size 8.5 shb89 for some strange reason .
    I will make review comments later
    I have the same issue. For 89 and 98, I wear US8.5. When i tried 99, 8.5 seemed too big (around the toe area), and I need to settle with 8.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After reading all the threads and saw the pictures.
    I like Red-White color, because I find that Red-Silver is a bit fancy to me.

Consider that many BFers find that SHB-99 'bigger' then SHB-89 which I am using right now, so I decided to go myself to fix it in the shop rather than order online.

Not many special badminton shop to find in Belgium, so I will buy one later this summer in Netherlands (like usual), when I go there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jcl49
    Also, Kwun, remember to tape your shoe on the inside of the left foot, to extend its lifetime...long enough to trade shoes with Ants.
    What do you mean by taping your shoe?? how do you tape them?? I am thinking about buying badminton shoes, should I tape them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Akatsuki
    What do you mean by taping your shoe?? how do you tape them?? I am thinking about buying badminton shoes, should I tape them?
    If you are right handed, you tend to drag the left shoe (see red oval on picture) along the floor. This area is known to be worn through the fastest. To prolong the life of the shoe, you cover that area with tape.

PS Cooler, nice ankles!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jcl49
    If you are right handed, you tend to drag the left shoe (see red oval on picture) along the floor. This area is known to be worn through the fastest. To prolong the life of the shoe, you cover that area with tape.

PS Cooler, nice ankles!
    Thank you very much. But what kind of tape though, I saw a picture of the tape, it is a black tape, wouldn't it look bad on your shoe?? :S to they have invinsible tape??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Akatsuki
    Thank you very much. But what kind of tape though, I saw a picture of the tape, it is a black tape, wouldn't it look bad on your shoe?? :S to they have invinsible tape??
    I think you are supposed to tape the inside of the shoes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by frankcent
    I think you are supposed to tape the inside of the shoes.
    nono, if you taped it inside whats the use? you are rubbing the outside of the shoe. by "inside" he meant the side of your big toe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if u want to see tape on cooler's toe, u can forget it
    Last edited by cooler; 04-19-2005 at 07:07 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quick question. The SHB-89MG has the anti-twist system which is something I'm looking for since twisting my ankle doesn't sound like a lot of fun.

Will the SHB-99MID (not low) have as much if not more ankle support as the SHB-89MG? I know the SHB-98 doesn't which is why I'm not even considering that.

Thanks.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

so i finally managed to use the SHB99 for one evening worth of badminton.

initially, i had fear that the shoelaces aren't tight enough so i tightened up. at the end of the first game, my feet started aching. i immediately loosen the laces and everything was good. even with my wide feet, they fit well and comfortable.

overall, the shoes felt very similar to the SHB89. there is still quite minimal amount of padding at the sole of the shoes. if you are using them on a hard and stiff surface like a thin playing surface on top of concrete, you will start to feel your knees after a while.

the rigidity of the rear end of the shoes is better than SHB89. it maybe a combination of the structure of the heel area as well as the special insole.

talking about the insole, i did feel some movement of the insole at some point of the evening, i am not sure if that's a problem or if it will go away after the shoes are properly broken-in.

gripping of the sole was only so-so at the beginning, after some broken in, it stopped slipping. usually new shoes takes a short amount of time for the sole to break-in as well.

so overall, a reliable pair of shoes that offers good support. ex-SHB89 users should not have problem fitting into the SHB99.

not sure about the price, US$85 is quite a lot of money for a pair of shoes. i don't think i have ever paid so much money for any shoes that i own.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun
    ....... so overall, a reliable pair of shoes that offers good support. ex-SHB89 users should not have problem fitting into the SHB99.

not sure about the price, US$85 is quite a lot of money for a pair of shoes. i don't think i have ever paid so much money for any shoes that i own.
    As I SHB-89 user, I am glad to read this review.
    US$ 85 is cheapper than here. I must spend US$ 95-100 if I want to get it right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

initially, i had fear that the shoelaces aren't tight enough so i tightened up. at the end of the first game, my feet started aching. i immediately loosen the laces and everything was good. even with my wide feet, they fit well and comfortable.

overall, the shoes felt very similar to the SHB89. there is still quite minimal amount of padding at the sole of the shoes. if you are using them on a hard and stiff surface like a thin playing surface on top of concrete, you will start to feel your knees after a while.

the rigidity of the rear end of the shoes is better than SHB89. it maybe a combination of the structure of the heel area as well as the special insole.

talking about the insole, i did feel some movement of the insole at some point of the evening, i am not sure if that's a problem or if it will go away after the shoes are properly broken-in.

gripping of the sole was only so-so at the beginning, after some broken in, it stopped slipping. usually new shoes takes a short amount of time for the sole to break-in as well.

so overall, a reliable pair of shoes that offers good support. ex-SHB89 users should not have problem fitting into the SHB99.

if only we're that lucky, it's 137 usd retail up here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same here on Monday night

Exactly the same with me because the shoe seems almost too wide, tightening the laces to compensate and ending with aching feet after 1 game

I agree about the internal movement of the insole

I had to stump up £60. they are the same price as the usual high end Yonex trainer (98's, 95's etc)
    The one extra thing is if you put weight on the lunge you can feel the "anti going over on your ankle" claw pushing upwards through the trainer, I'm not sure if this is a good thing or bad thing yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Tad sells it at CAD145 but I still think it is expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    if only we're that lucky, it's 137 usd retail up here

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast