User Tag List

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Shb-99

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dill
    The one extra thing is if you put weight on the lunge you can feel the "anti going over on your ankle" claw pushing upwards through the trainer, I'm not sure if this is a good thing or bad thing yet.
    I am afraid now... I dont want the shoes to be too wide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just gave them a good outing tonight doing drills with a coach, they seem ok to use and the movement with the insole is virtually zero now.

I made sure I done mostly front court work with a lot of lunging, round the head jumping clips, jump lunges etc. to make sure the trainers were up to it.

Nothing bad to report with the only exception being I think they lack a bit of cushioning when landing from jumps (or maybe it's the extra weight I'm carrying at the moment being detrimental to jumping)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, from a store in Taiwan, the quote I got yesterday for a pair of SHB-99MX was 40% off the MSRP (NT$3200, US$1=NT$31.5)....

-SC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scchang
    Hmm, from a store in Taiwan, the quote I got yesterday for a pair of SHB-99MX was 40% off the MSRP (NT$3200, US$1=NT$31.5)....

-SC
    what does MSRP stand for? i keep seeing it, but i dont know what it stands for (i can guess at what it means though). i dont remember what the MSRP price i saw was, but the discounted prices i saw on websites are all NT$2240

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think MSRP= manufacturer suggested retail price

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got mine today (Backup pair since I won't be shoppin badminton gear for a long time plus SHB98MX no more size for me.) I got size 8.5 and it feels not nicer but almost the same as my SHB98MX size 8. But this is a tad comfier for some unknow reason, prolly cause it's wider.

Prolly I'll alternate between the SHB98 and 99 when I play in Perth and give a review of it then.

Till then.
    Last edited by FEND.; 04-23-2005 at 05:35 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FEND.
    I got mine today (Backup pair since I won't be shoppin badminton gear for a long time plus SHB98MX no more size for me.) I got size 8.5 and it feels not nicer but almost the same as my SHB98MX size 8. But this is a tad comfier for some unknow reason, prolly cause it's wider.

Prolly I'll alternate between the SHB98 and 99 when I play in Perth and give a review of it then.

Till then.
    Thats what I thought as well, it is a bit more comfy because it is slightly wider. I had to go up half a size in mine as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dill
    Thats what I thought as well, it is a bit more comfy because it is slightly wider. I had to go up half a size in mine as well.
    But the toe area seems a bit more airy. Not as in the ventilation flaps but the space inside. My mom got a pair for herself too. She liked it and is gonna start playing badminton again soon .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ohh... i don't know about this one... i liked how the 98's were lighter and more jumpy... i like the LOOK of this shoe...but really, i don't think I'll be as satisfied with it as my 98's... most of my friends got the 89's for the ankle support, but i've never had any problems with twisting my ankles... also i'm debating if i should get the low ones, since i'm used to low badminton shoes, but damn that silver looks sooooo ugly ><"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FEND.
    I got size 8.5 and it feels not nicer but almost the same as my SHB98MX size 8. But this is a tad comfier for some unknow reason, prolly cause it's wider.
    Hmmm... I am more like the other way around, as I wear 8.5 for 98, and 8 for 99...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a comment about the 99 LOW:

i asked the person in the badminton equipment shop in taichung (the yonex flagship store) what is the difference between the 99 MX and 99 LOW. he told me that the LOW was a special edition from the Sudiman Cup or something.. he didn't mention any other differences though

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Nicholls
    I've played in my 99s a few times now, and the only thing I've particularly noticed is that the insole is a little higher under the arches.

Actually, not exactly the arches, but more like the connection portion of arch and heel. Feel like wear high heel for a bit...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just got the 99 mx in the size of 10. they feel a little bit small but they fit ok once I change to thin socks. I ordered online so I guess I should buy them in 11 next time. I havent got a chance to play with them on the court yet, but I have experienced the movement of the insole when I wore them at home trying to break them in.
    Last edited by frankcent; 04-26-2005 at 08:26 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is your normal sixe?

Quote Originally Posted by frankcent
    just got the 99 mx in the size of 10. they feel a little bit small but they fit ok once I change to thin socks. I ordered online so I guess I should buy them in 11 next time. I havent got a chance to play with them on the court yet, but I have experienced the movement of the insole when I wore them at home trying to break them in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Akatsuki
    What is your normal sixe?
    I usually wear super big size so I dont know what my normal size is. probably 11 I guess. the yonex shoes are in US 10 and 28CM, and my feet are 27CM long. so they fit ok. what yonex means 28CM is that the insole is exactly 28CM long according to my measurement. so, if you want to order online, meansure how long your feet are and plus 2Cm and thats your size.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by frankcent
    but I have experienced the movement of the insole when I wore them at home trying to break them in.
    I experienced that a couple of times the first time I wore them, but only at the end of about 2.5 hours of singles. I put it down to sweaty feet+socks.
    Since then, I've tied them a little bit tighter and not noticed it since.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi guys. I have noticed there is a serial of numbers printed in red at the bottom of the shoes as you can see if the insoles are removed. mine is the same number for both right and left shoes. I wonder what the number means because which happens to be my birthday.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast