Markis Kido deceives to leave Pelatnas

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by jkusmanto, Mar 17, 2005.

1. jkusmanto

jkusmanto Regular Member

Computer Analyst
    Just red from Badminton-Indonesia.

After "the duel" between Taufik and Icuk.
    Again there was "the duel" between PBSI officer and player, this time between Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan and PBSI Deputy Chef, Mr. Ferrial Sofjan. Ironically, "The Duel" took place not in Indonesia, but in Mulheim an der Ruhr at German Open.

The reason is very simple. Here is the story :
    On 2nd of March (so just a couple hours before the first day of German Open begin) all Indonesia officers and players had a breatfast in the hotel.
    At that time, Markis/Hendra and Ferrial sat in at the same table.
    After the breakfast, Markis and Hendra were the first left the table
    because they had finished their meal. They left the table without saying anything (permission) to Ferrial who is the Soetiyoso (PBSI chef) trustest persone.

The act of Markis and Hendra has infected Ferrial.
    He followed Markis/Hendra to their hotel room and yelled to them to express his anger.
    As an ex-army officer, ofcouse his anger is difference as the usual people and hard to accept.
    Further more, in his anger, he kicked Markis's bagage.

Markis can not accept what Ferrial has done. Ferrial goes to far, he said.
    If there any problem, Ferrial should say to them, not to express his anger to the player.

Further more Ferrial did it just a couple hours before the competitions start.
    Psychologically, what Ferrial did can get a negative effect for Markis/Hendra.

To express his non-satisfaction, Markis said that if the situation going on, he will re-consider to leave Pelatnas. So... Markis Kido deceives to leave Pelatnas.

This is a normal situation in Indonesia.
    People -who sit higher than you- thinks that he can do anything he want. Especially some body like Ferrial, ex-army high rang officer.

I hope that the situation will change as soon as possible. And the officers of PBSI have to act as a father figure to the players.

2. seven

seven New Member

Computing Engineer
    Well... what a story!! :eek::(

I hope Markis will not quit, this would be very sad for indonesian badminton and badminton in general!... :(

3. peace

peace Regular Member

If he decide to leave Pelatnas (PBSI), it will be a sadness for indonesian badminton.

Mr. Ferrial must not do that. Who is he so that he can act rudely like that?:mad:
    So, I think this will bring many problems for Indonesian team. Is this usual in indonesia that a person who has more power or feel that he must be respected do like this? What a very stupid habit and action. As an educated people, he shouldn;t do that, maybe that's why Markis/Hendra didn;t play well at those 2 tournaments.....

Mr Ferrial Sofjan, are you an educated person? :mad: :mad: :mad: ...

Bad effect will be happened to Indonesia if the problem like this always happen....

4. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    I'm sorry to say, that Mr. Ferrial's conduct is actually "normal" for Malaysia, Indonesia. Hierarchy exists, deference expected.

-dave

5. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    I would include most, if not, all Asian societies.

6. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    It has to do with "Respect your elders" in most Asian societies, but I think in such faster developing countries, there are changes as the mass media exposes Asians to different cultural values especially from the West. But I'm not sure whether it is all good, however, ie, showing disrespect to elders in general.

Do some Asians now living in the West behave in such a manner as our Indonesian ex-army officer, I wonder? :D

7. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Heh! Don't know if there's a huge gap of age between the players and former officer Ferrial to warrant the 'respect your elders' angle:p.

8. madturtle

madturtle Regular Member

not quite right.:(

9. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Jkusmanto

BTW, you almost 'deceived' me with your caption/title when you wrote: "Markis Kido deceives to leave Petatnas" and I got a shock. I thought Kido has done something really wrong and was asked to leave Petatnas! :D

But after reading your post, I then realise that actually it was a typo error and you meant it to read "decides". But it has the desired effect to create interest and make me read it real fast! ;)

10. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    That can't be true. What Ferrial did was actually out of bounds. What harm did they two players do? I do know a simple, "Ok, we're off first. See you later" will be good, but getting angry just because they said nothing?

I think Ferrial need to undergo debriefing counsel to allow him to readjust himself to society as it works differently in the armed forces than it in the world. He probably thought that the two were disobedient and disrespecting 'officers' who needed to be chastised. We had a discussion on this in class last time in the A Levels General Paper and surpirising, retired army personnels find it hard to live as a normal citizen.

I'd expect Marki and Hendra to at least say that they are leaving the table as good manners, but to expect them to do so is being arrogant.

Dave: It's a legend all right, the caddy and royal family story. Famous one too. How true is that, it's... a legend... ;)

11. seven

seven New Member

Computing Engineer
    OK yes it's clearer! :) (I think I read it to quickly ;) )
    Anyway, as long as I keep away from him, there shouldn't be too much risk. :p

Back to the topic, this respect for hierarchy is very cultural.
    French people traditionnaly are more disrespectful and undisciplined than others (even more in the south). :p
    I can't imagine something like this happening here ... :rolleyes: (talking about Markis's case, not wood_22_chuck's story! ;))