Funny Question

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Nephrus, Mar 18, 2005.

1. Nephrus

Nephrus Regular Member

Hi

This is probably pretty funny to all of you. I've been a long time (8 years) badminton player, i would say my skill is above average, but i still can't preform the simplest task in badminton which is picking up the birdie with your racket LOL. Can someone tell me how i can get this right

P.S
    i read in another thread where someone asked for a person's skill level in order to answer one of their questions... how does one describe their skill level on the forums?

2. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Nephrus,

First, welcome to BF! Secondly, use the search engine located at the top of the menu bar for all your future queries before you post. Thirdly, answer to your question lies in your fingers. Practice scooping shuttles with your racquet.

3. Nephrus

Nephrus Regular Member

hehe i did try the search but perhaps i wasn't using the right terms so i kept getting 0 results. By the way we live in the same area i live in burnaby too :D. THanks for the reply tho

4. gkwok

gkwok Regular Member

Project Manager
    in the wrist

I don't usually analyze how I pick up the birdie, but this is how I think I do.

I start with my racquet tilted on an angle like this... \ (btw i'm a righty)
    with the birdie (bottom, the non-feather part) touching my racquet at the 8-10 o'clock position.
    scoop and turn the racquet face up.

takes practice. In the beginning you may find your racquet touching the court...but eventually you'll be able to pick it up with little or no contact w/ the court.

Hope that helps.