Where to buy in New York and San Francisco

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by SRune, Mar 18, 2005.

1. SRune

SRune Regular Member

Engineer
    Hi
    I´m going to New York soon and I was wondering if you knew about any badminton shops there. I would like to get shoes and a bag and maybe some other stuff too.
    Last time I went to New York I sent an email to nycbadminton.com to ask them about their products and where I could buy them but I didn´t get an answer. :(
    Also I´ll be going to San Francisco in the summer and I wanted to know if I should rather wait and get some stuff there. Do you know of any shops there?

SRune

2. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    SRune,

When will you be in NYC? I think you should hook up with LazyBuddy for more info on the local stores there as well as getting in a game or two if you feel up to it. LB knows the people at NYCB and regularly plays at the club they run, so he could help you with them. However, LB won't be in NYC for the last week of March as he'll be visiting us in Vancouver:D. But by all means, try to contact him!

3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Lol, bro cappy75 is faster than me this time (or, always???). :D

For NYCB, they carry Yonex and Gosen. I think they are working to switch their website host these days, therefore, there might be a problem with their email system as well.

Once you come to NYC, try to contact them by calling them (phone # listed in their site). This will get u to them much faster. They don't have a store front, but u do can arrange some local pickup with them (i.e. pick it up in their club site, etc).

4. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

There are a couple places around San Francisco that you can buy badminton stuff from. When I say around, I mean about an hour trip to the shop. From one shop, you can get to another shop in about 15 min. There are currently 4 shops: "Asby Sports", "Badminton Alley", "Bintang Badminton Academy", and "Racket Supply". There will probably be 2 more places to get badminton stuff: "Smash City Badminton" and "United Badminton Club". Both places should be open before summer.

5. SRune

SRune Regular Member

Engineer
    Thank you for your answers.

I will be in NYC in mid april so I´ll probably try to email NYCB first and call them when I get there. I´ll only be there a week so I have to see if there´s any time for some games.
    But are there any store that carry some badminton stuff? I remeber seeing some Mp-99 in Paragon sports but nothing more. I´m just wondering because I´m not sure which shoe size I need and here in Reykjavik they only have the shb-89 and they cost $220. :eek:

I´m gonna check out the San Francisco stores but I won´t be going there till late june and I want new stuff sooner. :crying:

SRune