BackHand Long Serve

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Andy Eh, Mar 18, 2005.

1. Andy Eh

Andy Eh Regular Member

Hello,

Ive been playing badminton for about a year now and im on my highschool team for mens doubles.

The problem I have is my long serve while serving backhand, I can get the serve to the back line but it is not high enough and it results in feathers for lunch. So ive gotten into the habit of serving short with my backhand serve and long with my forehand yet that is very simple for my opposition to read.

So if you have any tips on how to better my backhand long serve it would be appreciated

2. Big Slick

Big Slick Regular Member

Get yourself a squash racket and practice with it, it'll strengthen up your wrist.

3. Baminton_junkie

Baminton_junkie Regular Member

Floor Layer
    Maybe your holding the raquet wrong

Maybe check out GOLLUMS lol grip guide.
    With his backhand grip you can get a lot more snap and wrist movement.

4. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Using a squash racquet might not be a good idea. You could easily hurt yourself. For wrist strength, train your forearms. Wrist curls with light weights or squeeze a stressball. Do anything to strengthen your grip.

Another possibility for your service's lack of height maybe due to timing, practice more... try to relax and concentrate on acceleration of the swing rather than just power it. Also, you might wanna use the flick service sparingly because it's surprisingly smashable:p.