User Tag List

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The plastic hammer is to release the sometime impossibility tight black screw down locked down clamps. Even unscrewing the nut will not release the clamps. Stringway did an excellent job!!!

Yeah, I should but I get racquets lining up to the neck. Oh wait, that's an excuse for not cleaning up .

Quote Originally Posted by jerby
    is that a hammer I see? you really should clean up your room- mom

thanks for the answer, lucky break of the ns9k. but coudl you explain the knotting-procedure a bit better? I don't understand

edit: oh..wait.. Ok..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete LSD
    The plastic hammer is to release the sometime impossibility tight black screw down locked down clamps. Even unscrewing the nut will not release the clamps. Stringway did an excellent job!!!

Yeah, I should but I get racquets lining up to the neck. Oh wait, that's an excuse for not cleaning up .
    ohh I see...maybe the grip inserted is teh culprit..you know how you can't get two rulers from each other if you smack them together with water in between.. maybe the grip acts liek that...but as always, a hammer is the right solution

it's a good excuse though

well,it's good night for me...
    -jerry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KooGuy
    There were some reliability issues with the TennisHead/Wise unit recently and discussed in length in Tennis Warehouse site.
    really, I looked a lot, btu can't find anythign on tenniswarehouse....

oh ,wait, taking it to a different thread...

good luck with the knots pete! what tension is your trainign racket now? trying the big 40?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KooGuy
    Yes, it is true. Maybe I can custom made some of those support to handle both external/internal inward distortion. I'll do some research on this.
    Please do, I'd be interested in purchasing this if successful. Also, I just cancelled my TennisHead order. They said it was backordered 2 weeks, it's been over 5 weeks.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can now add me to the laserfibre owner family! Yippee! I currently have the machine packaged beside my desk at work. Can't wait to bring it home and put it together. Hopefully that won't take too long and allow me to try string ing at least one racket tonight...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

How long did you wait for your order Howie? I hope Tim's crew didn't screw up with the parts!!! You don't want to phone up Laserfibre . . .

Quote Originally Posted by DarthHowie
    You can now add me to the laserfibre owner family! Yippee! I currently have the machine packaged beside my desk at work. Can't wait to bring it home and put it together. Hopefully that won't take too long and allow me to try string ing at least one racket tonight...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

And remember to post photos!!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How long did you wait for your order Howie? I hope Tim's crew didn't screw up with the parts!!! You don't want to phone up Laserfibre . . .
    Here's the "short" story. Made the order/reservation for the machine at the end of May. Their machines were on back order and they were waiting for a shipment from Stringway. That shipment of machines arrived in late june early july. My machine was shipped from laserfibre on July 21st by USPS... Shipping mishap occurred (customs doc got ripped off/misplaced from the box when it reached customs during transit). So I had laserfibre send me another shipment but via UPS b/c i didn't want to deal w/ the hassle anymore of USPS (prior bad experience with USPS when i ordered 2 CAB 30MS from San Diego Badminton Supply - order took 3 months)

Machine arrived in good condition. However, I am missing 1 of 2 floating clamps. Not a big deal since i have 4 HQ Fly-clamps + starting clamp..

Using a 500m reel of HQ-B696 as practice string...

stringing 1st racket = failure... (2 piece method)

shared grommets was the issue and the tooth floss method was somewhat effective...but did not work for one shared grommet (spend about 40 min on it to no avail).... the string bends way too easily.

I think i should not finish off the mains and start prestringing the crosses to avoid this problem.. What do you think??

i'll get another crack at friday evening cause I'll be playing some badminton all night after work today..

Pictures will come....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Good luck on getting the flying clamps from Laserfibre!!!

I assume you get the head plate modification and your machine is six-point internal support.

HQ clamps are very good. You also need one or two Gamma clamps for the narrower space.

When you use the tooth floss, a tiny bit of the main string will bend. That's normal. Please show us a series of photos of yourself using the tooth floss. We may be able to help you out. Quasi and I have no problem with the tooth floss method.

From my experience, pre-stringing the cross doesn't help much on our machine. I find that the string job is better without pre-stringing. The reason is axial twist induced on the cross string when it goes through a very tight cross grommet. When I string the cross strings where the main & cross intersect, I avoid weaving one cross ahead just to minimize or avoid axial twist.

Another method to minimize axial twist to pre-stretching the cross string as suggested by Neil N. You pre-stretch outside of the stringing machine.

Here's the "short" story. Made the order/reservation for the machine at the end of May. Their machines were on back order and they were waiting for a shipment from Stringway. That shipment of machines arrived in late june early july. My machine was shipped from laserfibre on July 21st by USPS... Shipping mishap occurred (customs doc got ripped off/misplaced from the box when it reached customs during transit). So I had laserfibre send me another shipment but via UPS b/c i didn't want to deal w/ the hassle anymore of USPS (prior bad experience with USPS when i ordered 2 CAB 30MS from San Diego Badminton Supply - order took 3 months)

Machine arrived in good condition. However, I am missing 1 of 2 floating clamps. Not a big deal since i have 4 HQ Fly-clamps + starting clamp..

Using a 500m reel of HQ-B696 as practice string...

stringing 1st racket = failure... (2 piece method)

shared grommets was the issue and the tooth floss method was somewhat effective...but did not work for one shared grommet (spend about 40 min on it to no avail).... the string bends way too easily.

I think i should not finish off the mains and start prestringing the crosses to avoid this problem.. What do you think??

i'll get another crack at friday evening cause I'll be playing some badminton all night after work today..

Pictures will come....
    Last edited by Pete LSD; 08-17-2006 at 02:18 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was reading silentheart, quasimodo and your descriptions of the "tooth-floss" method for weaving the crosses into the shared grommets...

And I realized what i'm doing wrong:
    -feeding one end of the floss through the grommet, tieing the other end to the string directly.

Now let me check if i understand this:
    -Am i supposed to tie the floss like a lasso?? ( what cowboys use to catch things )
    -so i feed the non-loop end first through the shared grommet (inside frame to outside) until a small loop is sticking out (inside the frame). Then do i just put a part of the string in that loop and pull on the other end real hard??? Should i be bending that string around the loop so that it doesn't slip out?

Thanks for the help in advance...
    I'll be trying my current understanding of this method tonight picture will come....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

BINGO!!! You got it. Don't worry about slipping out. Once you pull the unlooped end, the lasso (looped end) will held onto the tip of the cross string very tightly.

I will post photos to show you how to clamp the first two cross strings from the head.

I was reading silentheart, quasimodo and your descriptions of the "tooth-floss" method for weaving the crosses into the shared grommets...

And I realized what i'm doing wrong:
    -feeding one end of the floss through the grommet, tieing the other end to the string directly.

Now let me check if i understand this:
    -Am i supposed to tie the floss like a lasso?? ( what cowboys use to catch things )
    -so i feed the non-loop end first through the shared grommet (inside frame to outside) until a small loop is sticking out (inside the frame). Then do i just put a part of the string in that loop and pull on the other end real hard??? Should i be bending that string around the loop so that it doesn't slip out?

Thanks for the help in advance...
    I'll be trying my current understanding of this method tonight picture will come....

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default And the results...

So after 3 hrs my 2nd attempt of stringing was a success!! I think a lot of my time was used for:
    -looking at the stringing pattern
    -figuring out how to tie a pro knot
    -weaving the crosses.

My test subject was the head of a YY Isometric 62 MF Light (Took it from a guy at the club after he threw it into the garbage).
    -tension was 22M x 24C pounds
    -used the yonex 2 piece stringing pattern
    -strung the crosses from bottom to top (hold on to your comment Pete...i know where things went wrong once i reached the top...).

Good news...The tooth floss method worked like a charm after doing it correctly for all the shared grommets.

Bad news... MAJOR tension loss when tensioning the final cross at the top and tieing off the knot. My clamp couldn't fit.. but I'm confident i can get it to fit if i were to start from the top and go to the bottom.

I will post photos to show you how to clamp the first two cross strings from the head.
    Looking forward to the pics!

Is this problem worse when stringing oval rackets?..I haven't gotten around to that yet..

any ways here are some pics of my machine and the stringing job i did. Oh and thanks for any input in advance from you guys! Enjoy!! (i know i did my main tie off knots in B7 instead of B8 - so sue me if i'm anal).
    Attached Images Attached Images          
    Last edited by DarthHowie; 08-18-2006 at 11:14 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Great Job!!! Yeah, going from bottom to the top is a pain in the butt with major tension loss. Even if you take the black clamp off (at the head), you still wouldn't be able to fit the flying clamp in!

Your friend's racquet is really beaten up . . .
    Last edited by Pete LSD; 08-18-2006 at 11:40 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great Job!!! Yeah, going from bottom to the top is a pain in the butt with major tension loss.

Your friend's racquet is really beaten up . . .
    Yah...a few players at the club (the older ones) use the racket as a "stopping stick" when running towards a short shot before changing directions to move backwards....

compensates for bad foot work....I don't do that.....yet... (maybe when i get older)....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Howie,

If you really want to take out the slack when you do the cross string, you have to tension every single one twice. You can assist by using your left hand to pull the cross string and slowly drop the weight.

Pete

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You can also take out the metal rod and insert into the base of the machine. There is a hole on one side of the machine. You can insert the metal rod into it. This is a space saving feature.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Howie,

If you really want to take out the slack when you do the cross string, you have to tension every single one twice. You can assist by using your left hand to pull the cross string and slowly drop the weight.

Pete
    Yes.. I had to do that for both mains and crosses because the HQ-B696 was awfully stretchy before the weight would "level". Thank goodness for constant pull!

You can also take out the metal rod and insert into the base of the machine. There is a hole on one side of the machine. You can insert the metal rod into it. This is a space saving feature.
    Hmm...don't see any holes that could fit the rod...looks like i don't have this space saving feature... I just put the rod in a drawer with the rest of my stringing equipment.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast