Are these fake

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by cheese, Mar 19, 2005.

1. cheese

cheese Regular Member

i herd "tactic" have brought 2 new rackets
    out. the ARMORTIC 800 offensive and deffensive.
    They are ment to be just as good as the yonex
    ARMORTEC 800.
    Anyone herd anything. are these fake???

2. tifam

tifam Regular Member

Sure,they are fake. There is not the notion "ARMORTIC" in all Yonex products.Does the total price of two fake rackets same as the price of only real racket (AT 8OO)?

3. täby_swe

täby_swe Regular Member

They are not fake. they are probably real tactic rackets.
    but if they're as good as yonex armortec rackets, that's another thing.
    But they're copies of armortec.

4. cheese

cheese Regular Member

i herd they are retailed at £100. but so i saw in
    the all england champs i saw the armortic 700
    being used so i am very confused with this

5. täby_swe

täby_swe Regular Member

yeah layborn played with it, didn't he? because tactic is his sponsor.

6. tifam

tifam Regular Member

I agree with taby_swe's opinions: "they are probably real tactic rackets", but I always bear in mind that they are legally-fake-of-Yonex-racket or "mimic products".I saw in bbespots.com that the price of TACTIC AMORTIC 700 (4UG2)is 60USD.May be it is made by Chinese.

7. other

other Regular Member

Student
    Tactic is a badminton company, separate from YONEX...Tactic is making "amortic" racquets to sound and probably look like the yonex versions. amortic is made by tactic. armortec is made by yonex.

its like two cars from different companies which have similar sounding names, and may look similar....would u call one of these fake?

8. täby_swe

täby_swe Regular Member

exactly.. i wouldn't.
    but maybe i would call it a copy.

9. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    mmm. Do you mean the toyota ascent and hyundai accent or something like that :p

10. cheese

cheese Regular Member

I dont no lol. i just think that they cant be that much of a
    copy branded company or they wouldnt have international
    players using there rackets.

11. tifam

tifam Regular Member

There is only VNmese company which produces quality badminton rackets named HAIYEN.May I take them an advice that they have to manufacture a new version which is similar the Yonex AT 800 OF and named AMORTEEK 800?:D If they do that, would HAIYEN become a worldwide brand name?:D

12. chickenpoodle

chickenpoodle Regular Member

a racquet claiming to be yonex but isn't a yonex is a fake.
    a racquet with another name with different models, trying to look like a yonex is a clone.

fakes are fakes.
    hi qua, winnex, etc, are clones.

13. quangthong

quangthong New Member

I hate the notions of clone (especially with the copying of famous AT Yonex's rackets) include: AMORTIC,ARMOTEK,LAMORTEC,AMOURTEC...:( Which are the another names of clone rackets from that you know? In addition, I had been a"victim" of epidemic-clone, so that...

14. nazam

nazam New Member

assestan chemist
    hello

hello i new in this forum but topic about fake AT 800 has invited me to join coz now i'm using this,but the question is is't true this cheap and fake racket were fake?because the material seem's like real (very light around 85g and very flex) ,i'm not using it alone but also selling it. :confused:

15. Locomoco

Locomoco Regular Member

Just out of curiosity, where do you find these ARMORTIC 800 rackets? Not that I'm interested in buying one, but I'd like to see what they look like. :D

16. Noob848

Noob848 Regular Member

FYI, the AT series specially AT800, has a head made of a different material, so therefore just determine wut material the head is of the raquet and you will know what brand it is

17. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Fakes vs Clones

Let's try and get this straight.

Fakes are products pretending to be the real thing and is marketed as the real thing under the brand name that the fakes are pretending to be. This is illegal and the idea is to profit from the branded product. For example, a real Yonex AT700 retails for over CAD$270 in Canada. Let say that the counterfeiters are trying to make money off that and offer fake AT700 at $199 (savings of over $70) and you buy it thinking that you are getting the real product for a very good price. The seller in turn pockets (assume that it only cost them $20 for the fake) $179 which is almost 900% profit. See the incentives? If the product is defective, you would approach Yonex thinking that it's the real thing.

A clone seller buys their products off authorized dealer/distributor at wholesale price and market them under that manufacturer brand. Everything is legit. If the product is defective, you would approach the seller or distributor or manufacturer and get it replaced (very much like Yonex would replace their defective products).

I'd asked Winex previously on why they would want to clone Yonex models. The answer given was that the consumers requested it. Winex has its own models but everyone tend to ask "Which one would be the closest or most like the Yonex xxx?".

If I show you a Winex Ti-12, I think the first question most of you would ask would be "which Yonex model is it most like?" Are the clones exactly like the original? No, it trys to be but there are differences. For example, the Winex Mighty Muscle 100 looks like the Yonex MP100 but is less stiff so it cannot be exactly like the MP100.

18. quik_silver

quik_silver Regular Member

Analyst
    Yes, they are fake.. I doubt they are as good as Armortec....Whoever told you that...They are lying to you...Uh..Hopfully, you didnt buy them for a high price..If you didnt, good. If you did, ask people on this forum before buying next time. ;)

19. täby_swe

täby_swe Regular Member

have you learned nothing from this thread? :rolleyes: :)

20. winstonchan

winstonchan Regular Member

CBO (Chief Babysitting Officer)
    Tactic is a proper company. They have their own factory that manufactures Badminton Equipment, Apparels, & Accessories (including strings, etc.). They are the official sponsor of Thomas Laybourn & Peter Steffensen of Denmark.

OK. Back to the topic. Yes they do have AmorTic Series racket, one of which is AmorTic 800o (Offensive), it's published on their 2005 catalogue. However, the AmorTic 800d (Defensive) is not on the catalogue, so I cannot say for sure if AmorTic 800d does exist or not. AmorTic rackets are NOT fake (unless there is a racket bearing Tactic logo and but not manufactured by Tactic, that would be a fake).

Unfortunately many of us are still confused with the concept of Fakes & Clones. A FAKE product is one which bears the logo and model name as the original authentic product BUT is made by another company ILLEGALLY. Fakes producers are basically infinging Laws of Intelectual Property. Clones are NOT necessarily breaking any law. Clones racket can look very very similar to a Yonex original, but as long as the logo and model name are different, and in certain case, material and technology could also be different (we don't know in many cases), a Clone racket is perfectly legitimate. Some clone rackets quality are matchable to a Yonex.