service..

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Gundude, Mar 19, 2005.

1. Gundude

Gundude Regular Member

i would like to know if this is possible
    when i serve(short), and the shuttle is flying, before it goes over the service line, my fren jumps out/runs out and hits it(smash usually) and is extremely difficult to counter... so is it right to to tat...as i thought u have to wait for shuttle to cross the service line

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    No problem for your friend. once the shuttle crosses the net, he can hit it. Even on receiving serve.

3. Javalina

Javalina Regular Member

student
    Net rushing is legal

Net rushing is legal. In this case you can surprise him with a high flick to the back :). However, you should practice to not let your birdies fly too high. I wonder how you serve? Backhand or forehand? If you are using forehand, I recommend you to learn how to backhand serve. Backhand serve is hard in the begining but once you get a hang of it, you will find it is useful in serving both long and short services. When you do backhand serve you "cut" the bird meaning your don't hit birdies with full face but hit them with an angle, so it called "cut". This way your prevent birdies from going too high in addition, cutting give the birdies spin thus if they try to do some trick shot at the net become difficult. Hope this helps.

4. Gundude

Gundude Regular Member

backhand serve with a cut...eek how to do
    u mean serving with the head tilted?

5. Javalina

Javalina Regular Member

student
    So, it is how you do it. You hold the birdies (it is tilted) with your non-racquet hand and place it in front of your racquet face (it is perpendicular to the floor). Then you splice the bird. It is hard to describe with words just go out and ask someone who do backhand serve well. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful :(

6. Baminton_junkie

Baminton_junkie Regular Member

Floor Layer
    I have a friend that likes to do that on short serves for a while so mix it up with a ratio like 3:1 (i like to use that one) 3 long 1 short but mix it up other wise he will read you and know your next move.

7. raptorman

raptorman Regular Member

Gundude, are you talking about single or double play?

8. tranvi007

tranvi007 Regular Member

Student
    Same Situation

I have a friend that does that too. I'm learned to do that from him too. Just practice keeping your serve consistant. Stand mid court, and underhand serve low...So it he hits it hard...it go out, or it'll hit the net.