User Tag List

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Yonex MP100 vs. "Bad R Us" Evolution 777?

Hi All, has anyone tried a Taiwan made racket called the Bad R Us Evolution 777? If so, how do you like the racket?

The reason why I ask is because I have two Evolution 777s and they both play as well as my MP100 (if not better).

Maybe I'm just crazy. Any comments?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update: I hope this helps when trying to decide whether or not to purchase an MP100.

Today I went and hit with my MP100 for 3 hours, comparing it to my Bad R Us Evolution 777 and the MP100 was amazing. I was saying the Evo 777 was comparable to the MP100; well, now I don't think it's in the same league.

I realized I wasn't getting the full potential of my MP100 because I wasn't flexing the shaft. That is, I wasn't hitting hard enough to maximize the performance. Prior, I was not swinging hard enough, maybe 75-80% my max potential because I wasn't used to the racket and was playing doubles.

Today was just practice and I start hitting harder and harder and the MP100 just hit laser beams. Then I switched to my Evo777 and I could not hit as hard or as well. It's still a good racket but no MP100.

I've seen a lot of reviews on the MP100 and they are all over the place. Many say it's a great racket while some say it's no good or just average. I feel the MP100 is only great if you are able to flex the shaft. If not, I would not recommend it.

I'm going to pick-up a couple of more MP100s. I think my search is done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have never heard of that racket, can you post some photos?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bluejeff
    I have never heard of that racket, can you post some photos?
    Sure thing BlueJeff, please give me about 10 minutes.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here you go BlueJeff, the Bad R Us Evolution 777 and my MP100. Notice the dimensions are just about identical. I believe the Bad R Us rackets are the house brand, sold exclusively through the San Gabriel Valley Badminton Club who own www.badmintonsupplies.net. The website is here: www.badrus.com.

The sales person told me the Evo777 was a Taiwan replica of the ArmorTec 800 but with a choice of head heavy or balanced and Offensive or Defensive. I hit with both the Evo777 and MP99 and honestly felt the Evo777 was a bit better (at the time).

The Evo777 is ~$120 each. If you're interested in trying the racket, I can send it to you.

Last edited by S4MadMan; 03-23-2005 at 03:40 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is learned that BadRUS have some other rackets in interesting colors, such as pink, but I don't know the product number. The owner of this brand is a cool guy and a decent player. Well, I did not have a chance to try this racquet yet but he did let me try some other rackets, such as RSL, that he plans to import in very near future.

-SC

Quote Originally Posted by S4MadMan
    Here you go BlueJeff, the Bad R Us Evolution 777 and my MP100. Notice the dimensions are just about identical. I believe the Bad R Us rackets are the house brand, sold exclusively through the San Gabriel Valley Badminton Club who own www.badmintonsupplies.net. The website is here: www.badrus.com.

The sales person told me the Evo777 was a Taiwan replica of the ArmorTec 800 but with a choice of head heavy or balanced and Offensive or Defensive. I hit with both the Evo777 and MP99 and honestly felt the Evo777 was a bit better (at the time).

The Evo777 is ~$120 each. If you're interested in trying the racket, I can send it to you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the BRS racquets do not have the materials that Yonex has. Take a close look at the head frame region. Armortech racquets have Titanium strips inbeded in them but not the BRS. Take a look at the attached picture I got from bbesports.com