User Tag List

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Hcmc

Hi Permanis,
    See yr pm. I had replied yr questions. Ok. Good luck n enjoy yr stay in HCMC.
    Lee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by tifam
    One of these days staying in Ho Chi Minh city for business,studying or traveling, if you need, you could play badminton at one of many inhouse courts in:
    1. The Cultural Housing of Labor, 55B, Nguyen Thi Minh Khai st, dist 3. Three wooden-floor courts.
    2. The Ky Hoa club on campus of Ky Hoa hotel, Ba Thang Hai st, dist 10.Four carpeted courts.
    3. The Rang Dong club, 353 alley,Nguyen Trong Tuyen st, dist Tan Binh.Three carpeted courts.
    4. The Phu Tho club, 1 Ly Thuong Kiet st,dist 11. Ten wooden-floor courts.
    5. The 7th Military Region club, Hoang Van Thu st, dist Phu Nhuan. Four wooden-floor courts
    The badminton playing fee in HCMC may be cheapest in the world, about 1.5 USD per hour (not including shuttle cock). Further, if you stay there in a long time, you could register to become a member of above clups.
    WELCOME!
    Vietnam is maybe the most friendly place to play in the world...No matter what your level just walk into any court and you will be asked to join in the action....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Badminton in HCMC

Hi Dream Hai,
    Agreed with u that these guys are very friendly and sociable. Few can cammunicate in simple English. I think they tend to speak more French than English. I found these places are one of the cheapest in S.E.Asia. 3 times per week and cost per month is VND100,000/- per month is pretty cheap.
    Only the shuttlecocks used are of slightly lower grade. per tube is about VND 50,000/-
    Lee
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Hai
    Vietnam is maybe the most friendly place to play in the world...No matter what your level just walk into any court and you will be asked to join in the action....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello BirdieGut,
    Just been back from HCMC after one month there.Was just able to play at Le Van Tam park with a group of local players. The upside is that you get to play the game but then downside is getting up at 5.30a.m to play. Again language is a barrier as I cannot understand a word of Vietnamese and they cannot understand English or Chinese. I just keep hearing them shouted kay wah during play so I presume it must be attack or good shot.I cannot understand the score.The only time I know the game is over is I see the other players walk off the court or change ends.
    Nevertheless the Vietnamese are very friendly people.I enjoyed playing badminton there and I suppose we can just use hand signs to keep up the score. After the game it is always nice to have a bowl of bum bo. Avoid the char siew pow or Singapore pow that you find everywhere (called banh bao) because they are just not what you eat in Singapore.While there I did see the 2006 Robotic Baminton tournament and I saw Ronald Susilo crashed out in the qf and the Singaporean ladies (mainland Chinese) came 4th. I think age is catching up with Ron. The Malaysian players fared better and all reached the semis and they were all junior players.

Permanis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Hcmc

Hi Permanis,
    Wah, u are lucky guy man. But to wake up at 5.30am is way too early for me. I wake up at that time to wash my clothings. Hopefully I will still go up on 22/05/06 for a week. I am being posted to China Suzhou with effect from June 2006 onward. If u do come to Suzhou, please contact me then. Maybe we can have a game or so there. I will be there for a longer period. I have managed to find some locations for this game. Hope to see u if u are going there.
    Lee
    Quote Originally Posted by permanis
    Hello BirdieGut,
    Just been back from HCMC after one month there.Was just able to play at Le Van Tam park with a group of local players. The upside is that you get to play the game but then downside is getting up at 5.30a.m to play. Again language is a barrier as I cannot understand a word of Vietnamese and they cannot understand English or Chinese. I just keep hearing them shouted kay wah during play so I presume it must be attack or good shot.I cannot understand the score.The only time I know the game is over is I see the other players walk off the court or change ends.
    Nevertheless the Vietnamese are very friendly people.I enjoyed playing badminton there and I suppose we can just use hand signs to keep up the score. After the game it is always nice to have a bowl of bum bo. Avoid the char siew pow or Singapore pow that you find everywhere (called banh bao) because they are just not what you eat in Singapore.While there I did see the 2006 Robotic Baminton tournament and I saw Ronald Susilo crashed out in the qf and the Singaporean ladies (mainland Chinese) came 4th. I think age is catching up with Ron. The Malaysian players fared better and all reached the semis and they were all junior players.

Permanis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Places to play in HCM

There are hundreds of places to play here and almost always you will find someone who speaks english.
    If you are coming here contact me at vietnamnam@yahoo.com I will help you find places to play....I play for the Binh Thanh team (only foreigner on a vietnamese team) that I know of and half of the players speak english so it is easy for you to play at our club or many others clubs in the city.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by permanis
    Hello BirdieGut,

Permanis
    They were saying Hay Qua which means good shot!
    Clubs are open until 10pm so if you want to skip the early morning session there is plenty of action 4-10pm...
    Nguyen T. Minh who won the mens singles went to Germany and when he came back he had a new style which consisted of constant offensive clears with some drops and smashes thrown in for surprise effect....The result was that he wore down Susilo and Jeffers and made them try to make shots that they could not make...The games were actually a bit funny to watch but results could not be argued with....Hope you play here again and if I can help you with places to play just let me know...contact me at ; vietnamnam@yahoo.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As your work will take you to Suzhou for a considerable period, I am sure you will not have problems finding kakis to play with.Unfortunately the place is not on my radar sceen to visit at the present moment. Most of my trips out of Sydney are centred around Malaysia and Hong Kong.Who knows maybe we can still play badminton somewhere in the wide world of badminton. All the best.

Permanis

Quote Originally Posted by Birdiegut
    Hi Permanis,
    Wah, u are lucky guy man. But to wake up at 5.30am is way too early for me. I wake up at that time to wash my clothings. Hopefully I will still go up on 22/05/06 for a week. I am being posted to China Suzhou with effect from June 2006 onward. If u do come to Suzhou, please contact me then. Maybe we can have a game or so there. I will be there for a longer period. I have managed to find some locations for this game. Hope to see u if u are going there.
    Lee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Dream Hai,

Thank you for correcting my Vietnamese.Yes Nguyen T Minh is certainly a quite a facinating player to watch. I agree that Jeffers was no match against Minh because of the hard match he had against that Korean player in the s/f.
    Also Jeffers is just a steady stroke player which Minh can deal easily because of his speed.I am sure his training in Germany hasl improve his game furthe. I thought the match of the day in the the Robotic Tournament finals was the ladies singles match between the Korean player and Thai player. The Thai player was much better player with very deceptive drop shots from the back.I think she was unlucky not to have won the rubber. The Korean lady was retrieving from impossible positions and mentally strong.
    I don't know when I will be in Vietnam again. All the same,thank you for your kind offer of the advice of the places to play in HCMC.I am not too familiar with Binh Thanh and I know it's after crossing the bridge pass Dien Bien Phu at the very huge roundabout and to the left.It covers a huge area. I have been there for some Vietnamese pancakes and also have sam bor lueng drink along a road after yet another bridge there.Keep it up being an ambassador of the game in Vietnam.Should one day you find yourself in Sydney and want a game of badminton in Sydney,you can contact me at permanis@hotmail.com.

All the best and keep in touch.

Permanis.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Hai
    They were saying Hay Qua which means good shot!
    Clubs are open until 10pm so if you want to skip the early morning session there is plenty of action 4-10pm...
    Nguyen T. Minh who won the mens singles went to Germany and when he came back he had a new style which consisted of constant offensive clears with some drops and smashes thrown in for surprise effect....The result was that he wore down Susilo and Jeffers and made them try to make shots that they could not make...The games were actually a bit funny to watch but results could not be argued with....Hope you play here again and if I can help you with places to play just let me know...contact me at ; vietnamnam@yahoo.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Nguyen Tien Minh KO Msia's Kuan Beng Hong

For all Vietnamese badminton fans, the best news up to date is that your Nguyen Tien Minh is suddenly becomng a world class player considering that he beat beat the No.3 Malaysia Thomas Cup singles player Kuan Beng Hong 20-17, 20-22 and 22-20 to reach the QF of the Philipines Open finals on 25/5/2006. Lets see how far Mr. Minh progresses.

Permanis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YAY! finally at least one vietnamese dude out there! ( besides HowarD).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all ,
    I'm glad u guys all love to play badminton in HCM. If u guys have spare time and fancy in a simple game then u guys can come to "Nha Van Hoa Thanh Nien" , next to "Tao Dan" park around 1-2 pm. I'm in my summer holiday as well and i sure can speak english well

By the way , I always there on Mon , Wed , and Fri. There are lots of foreigners there.( most of them are French )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow! so excited i think imma go back to Vietnam in december! . do you think Nguyen Tien Minh is there to play against us? like to help feedback and stuffs? :[

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default vietnam

hello!
    is there anybody who can help me to find an indoor gym where i can play the game!?
    i am in hanoi desperate seeking a place to play a prober game of badminton. every game is prober but i like to have a challenge with people who are quit good at the game!
    thanx, anybody!?
    kamiel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Can anyone help Kamiel1?

Hello Kamiel1
    I am not familiar with Hanoi as I have never play there. However you may like to approach those players who play outdoor around Lenin Square or at the roundabout going to West Lake. Ask them where there are indoor gyms are and I am sure you can have some results. I have seen quite good players there.They only play until 7.00a.m and after that they are all gone-disappeared.
    Now....any Hanoians, please help Kameil1.I too also like to know.
    Kam mer

Permanis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default badmiton in hanoi

Quote Originally Posted by kamiel1
    hello!
    is there anybody who can help me to find an indoor gym where i can play the game!?
    i am in hanoi desperate seeking a place to play a prober game of badminton. every game is prober but i like to have a challenge with people who are quit good at the game!
    thanx, anybody!?
    kamiel
    Dear Kamiel,

I've never played in Ha Noi either but i know of a badminton group there who might be able to help, email quycoctu@yahoo.com , his name is An

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there any good gyn around the middle part of Vietnam? around Phu quy or PHan Rang? :/ thanks.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast