User Tag List

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regarding your plight wanting to book a court, its a never ending story of not enough badminton courts to go around in HCMC.This is not Singapore or HK where the first come first serve booking of community sport centres courts are strictly enforced. Most courts in HCMC are booked out permanently to organisations, corporations or unis/colleges/schools as well as for coaching purposes. My suggestion for you is either join a badminton club in town or if not, move to live in D7 (or thereabout) where the gigantic apartment complexes have in house badminton facilities for residents use.Then you can play to your heart's content without having to worry about even booking a badminton court (tranparent or otherwise).

Cheers

Permanis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow! I expected this to be the case, though I was hoping a hotel or two would offer indoor courts in the city centre. I miss Singapore so much...

Thanks for the confirmation all the same :-/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The badminton playing fee in HCMC may be cheapest in the world, about 1.5 USD per hour (not including shuttle cock). Further, if you stay there in a long time, you could register to become a member of above clups.
    WELCOME!
    Cheapest place to play would be in my place..Students,about USD 0.85 per hour,or 6 rmb.Outsiders,USD1.15USD,or 8rmb.Guangxi shifan daxue,guilin. With only 9 courts...Rubber.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,I want to find a group to play badminton at the weekend,can anyone introduce me?
    I am in D3 of HCM.Hope have some groups that can accept foreigner.
    I have confidence that my level is not too low.
    thank you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dalelee View Post
    Hi,I want to find a group to play badminton at the weekend,can anyone introduce me?
    I am in D3 of HCM.Hope have some groups that can accept foreigner.
    I have confidence that my level is not too low.
    thank you!
    Hi...You can join in with the 10-2pm group playing at Hotel Ky Hoa just off of 3 Thang 2 street...Ask for Tien...they play Sat. and Sunday there....you might also contact www.caulong.com and ask Cornchip where to play....T-19 court on Sat and Sunday 12-4pm and also at nite...some very strong players here...you can call me if you need help....0903750496...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello Dalelee,

I have seen some foreign players (Indians and Europeans) playing badminton at the Cercle sports club along Nguyen Thi Minh Khai ( the huge club with all the tennis courts opposite the sports shops) on Sundays from 4-6pm.

Just go to the badminton hall in the club and you can see these players playing badminton in the two wooden courts. Their standard are average (not beginner level).

See if their playing standard is to your level and if so, ask the organiser if you can join them. Otherwise you may have to look for another place to play. No point playing with too low/too high a standard from yours.

Otherwise you can go to Le Van Tam park and there are many people playing there. All sorts of standards are found there. Make sure you can make yourself understood in Vietnamese as I don't see any foreigners playing there.It starts around 6.00am and finish around 7.30am and its in the open air.

Good luck

Permanis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Hai View Post
    Hi...You can join in with the 10-2pm group playing at Hotel Ky Hoa just off of 3 Thang 2 street...Ask for Tien...they play Sat. and Sunday there....you might also contact www.caulong.com and ask Cornchip where to play....T-19 court on Sat and Sunday 12-4pm and also at nite...some very strong players here...you can call me if you need help....0903750496...
    Hi,Dream Hai.
    Thank you for your information.
    Last Sunday I went to the Hotel Ky Hoa. I found the court and someone play there, I ask for Tien. They told me to wait, but untill 11am, Mr.Tien's group didn't appear. So last sunday I have no place to play, that is really bad.
    And the website can not open, can you provide more infomation.
    Thank you very much!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by permanis View Post
    Hello Dalelee,

I have seen some foreign players (Indians and Europeans) playing badminton at the Cercle sports club along Nguyen Thi Minh Khai ( the huge club with all the tennis courts opposite the sports shops) on Sundays from 4-6pm.

Just go to the badminton hall in the club and you can see these players playing badminton in the two wooden courts. Their standard are average (not beginner level).

See if their playing standard is to your level and if so, ask the organiser if you can join them. Otherwise you may have to look for another place to play. No point playing with too low/too high a standard from yours.

Otherwise you can go to Le Van Tam park and there are many people playing there. All sorts of standards are found there. Make sure you can make yourself understood in Vietnamese as I don't see any foreigners playing there.It starts around 6.00am and finish around 7.30am and its in the open air.

Good luck

Permanis
    Hi,Permanis.
    Thank you for your information.
    So if I want to play at the Cercle sports club, need I register first?
    Do you have the contact number of the organizer?
    Thank you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go to the T-19 courts....go past the Hotel Ky Hoa and turn right at the big shopping center...the street to the left is Ng Tri Phung and to the right is different name, I forgot its name but it is continuation of Nguyen Tri Phung...Go to the Hyundi dealer showroom on the left side of the street and turn into the small street beside it....you will see a sign saying San Cau Long....Ask for Phi or her nick name is Cornchip...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Dalelee,

I don't have the contact number of the organiser, sorry. I suppose if you turn up for the first time and play, you don't need to register. But once you become a permanent feature, the normal procedure is for the organiser to record your name and address and you pay a monthly fee. (you may even be booted out if you don't pay).That means you can play with the grouop booking the court regularly.
    If you are don't want to be committed, then see if the group will accept user pay concept ( you pay as you play).I know that's not as popular and convenient.They will ask you to book your own court and play by your self.

So.... it's best you turn up at Cercle Sports like an ordinary person. Sit quietly at the back and quietly observe/assess the standard of play of these players. As I told you the standard is pretty average with three or four sharper players. So if the standard is alright,and then introduce yourself.In the court there is a veteran ( in the sixties) player wearing red yonex shoes.Perhaps you should approach him as age is such a respecful thing in Vietnam.

I did not ask if you might be a lady player. This is because there are ladies the next court and they seems to be always short of players.

Good luck

Permanis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Hai View Post
    Go to the T-19 courts....go past the Hotel Ky Hoa and turn right at the big shopping center...the street to the left is Ng Tri Phung and to the right is different name, I forgot its name but it is continuation of Nguyen Tri Phung...Go to the Hyundi dealer showroom on the left side of the street and turn into the small street beside it....you will see a sign saying San Cau Long....Ask for Phi or her nick name is Cornchip...
    Hi, Dream Hai. thank you for your information.
    I successfully went to the T-19 courts today, played with the group of Phi.
    Their group really very strong! I think there should be some guys have the training experiences. I feel like nice to play with them.
    Thank you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll be going to Vietnam in August and will be wanting to get some games in. Hopefully I can meet up with some of you guys and you can show me where to play

My Viet is not soo good lol, soo hopefully you can speak English

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aZn_Popcorn View Post
    I'll be going to Vietnam in August and will be wanting to get some games in. Hopefully I can meet up with some of you guys and you can show me where to play

My Viet is not soo good lol, soo hopefully you can speak English
    Contact by PM when you arrive....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi everybody,
    Thank you for all of your information. Will there be anyone play at Curcle this Saturday morning? May I join with you? I like playing badminton. I'm worried whether my 1-year experience is enough to play with you. And also I'm not strong in body and game.
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kaew072 View Post
    Hi everybody,
    Thank you for all of your information. Will there be anyone play at Curcle this Saturday morning? May I join with you? I like playing badminton. I'm worried whether my 1-year experience is enough to play with you. And also I'm not strong in body and game.
    Thanks
    Where is Curcle? Is there group play there? If yes, I also want to join. I have five years badminton experience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi everybody,

The Vietnamese translation for Cercle Sportiff is Cung Van Hoa Lao Dong and it is located at Nguyen Thi Minh Khai.The 2 badminton courts are very popular and you just have to turn up & see if the standards there are to your expectation and whether they are prepared to take you in.

Being a foreigner, I like going to this place to see people playing badminton while shopping for badminton rackets and shoes round the corner especially when there is nothing else to do on weekends.

Thanks

Permanis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dalelee View Post
    Where is Curcle? Is there group play there? If yes, I also want to join. I have five years badminton experience.
    Contact me by Private Message and I will direct you to local clubs where you can play...

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast