Shops with these shoes and gear in Metro Manila?

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by Ralph Pabelico, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Ralph Pabelico

Ralph Pabelico Regular Member

I am having my grandpa, who lives in Paranaque, bring over some shoes when he visits me soon and I want to know what shops he could find the Yonex Shb-570 and Shb-99m for a good price in Metro Manila where I think the closest marketplaces are. I would prefer you recommend me badminton shops that have a wide variety of Yonex shoes and other gear to choose from.

Thanks in advance,
    Ralph

2. Baddie

Baddie Regular Member

There is a new badminton shop in greenbelt, makati (on the 2nd floor) that sells badminton stuffs. The shoe selection is quite extensive. Pls note howvere that the yonex shoes in manila are not "exactly" the same as those found in Japan. These shoes in manila are from yonex singapore (sunrise) and quality is different. They are however genuine Yonex. Try also Planet sports. They have stores in glorietta mall and rockwell mall.

3. Ralph Pabelico

Thanks Baddie:) Prices cheap as well? In quality is different, are the shoes from Japan of better quality?

4. barracus

barracus New Member

hey ralph!

There's a store in shopsville in greenhills that sells badminton shoes particularly yonex and mizuno. They also give discounts so the price is cheaper as compared to other mall stores. The name of the store is Ralph's Sportsware (I think) and its in the 2nd floor of shopsville in greenhills. Also there's another store that opened recentyl in the newly constructed building/parking place in front of virramall in greenhills. I'm not sure if they also give discounts though cuz i haven't bought in that store but their pricing is relatively cheaper compared to again mall stores. Hope this will help!

5. Ralph Pabelico

Thanks barracus. Also welcome to the forums since it seems that this one of your first posts:) Is there also a variety to choose from in these stores?

6. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Yonex stuffs in Manila is relatively expensive.

7. barracus

barracus New Member

your welcome ralph! actually this is my 3rd or 4th time posting here but posts were in a different thread when i was the one looking for badminton stores in bangkok. anyways, the answer to your question is yes there's a variety in those stores that i mentioned but the whats abundant in terms of model variety is mizuno and yonex.:)

8. Ralph Pabelico

Any shoe that is 50, maybe up to 70, or less(prefered) in us dollars will be fine.

#8 Ralph Pabelico, Mar 22, 2005
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2005
  9. bambini

bambini Regular Member

bldg administrator
    i'm sure the shb99 isn't still avaible here. the latest model they have is the shb98m w/c sells for php6k. quite expensive for that model. the name of the store in greenhills is shuttlers station. they used to be in virramall but transferred to the steel parking bldg in front of it. i doubt if you could purchase yonex shb shoes within the us$50-70 range.

10. bambini

bambini Regular Member

bldg administrator
    if that's the case, mizuno would fit in your budget. mizuno wave angle (badminton specific) costs php3.9k or us$72.