overhead strokes

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by yellowraider, Mar 22, 2005.

1. yellowraider

yellowraider Regular Member

Hey its my first post so im new here, i've been playing badminton for awhile, and im having trouble with my overhead stroke for smashing and clearing, some ppl say my stroke is ok, but i dont think so, ppl tell me when i clear it doesn't go far enough...=\... :mad: what are some good ways for practicing your forehand strokes and what do you guys think is the "perfect" form?

2. Javalina

Javalina Regular Member

student
    Can you be more specific? You don't get the length you want not high enough?

3. yellowraider

like i do get a good height for my clears its just that it doesn't go deep into the back enough...my friends tell me that it goes just past mid-court

4. Javalina

Javalina Regular Member

student
    Ok that's easy to fix! I think your contact point of your birdie and racquet is too far back. Try to hit the birdie when it is still in front of you. Don't wait until it pass you. Also when you hit the birdie try to give the wrist force when you do that I am sure that your birdie will go much farther.

5. yellowraider

well yeah i thoguht that was part of the problem too, but yeah what about the forehand stroke, i feel sometimes that my stroke is wrong...and do you know any ways to practice your strokes...so far i only use a taped racquet to try to correct my form =\

#5 yellowraider, Mar 22, 2005
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2005
  6. Javalina

Javalina Regular Member

student
    I think you can find someone who has good clearing and have them look at your forms. Other than that I don't know what else to do. Good luck! :)