wrist pain

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by HappyOne, Mar 22, 2005.

1. HappyOne

HappyOne Regular Member

i dont know when it started but whenever i pull my hand up backwards i sense a pain in my wrist area. i think i injured it while wrist weight training or .. just simply *snapping* the racket too much. does anybody know what this might be ?! is it just an ach that goes away or something more seirous >.<

----------------------------------------------
    edit*
    ok since erm i went back and read the threads i would like to ask how we do wrist warmups =D

#1 HappyOne, Mar 22, 2005
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2005
  2. TheGr8Two

TheGr8Two Regular Member

I've had wrist pains on rare occasions; probably because I relied too much on wrist to generate power with too heavy a racket. Anyway, you can restrict the movement of the wrist by tape or wrist band, and the pain will go away shortly; if not, you may have to see a doctor.

3. Cengsc

Cengsc Regular Member

Administrative..
    Re

Hi,

yah, maybe yr wirst traning injure it.
    Rest for a wk or so for all training till u have no much of the pain.
    yes, u may use a wrist band. My frend have this problem too.
    This is only for temp solution. In long term, see doc if the pain comes back and ask for their advice.

ceng

4. HappyOne

HappyOne Regular Member

i had a game today .. and i think i injured it more
    >.< and ohhhh you guys live in the US right ?! well if you guys do ... is
    villa park the number one in the nation ?! well i heard that they won the US champions or something like that

5. theasiandude88

theasiandude88 Regular Member

student YAY!!!
    is there a little bump are your wrist area? if there is, it might be tendonitis.

6. HappyOne

HappyOne Regular Member

erm no ... its just painful when i *snap* my wrist downward trying to smash

7. checkthemc

checkthemc Regular Member

None/Student
    Dont forget to stretch your forearms/wrist. Huge thing that I just found out about. It helps a LOT

8. LeoTheBearMan

LeoTheBearMan Regular Member

Student
    my wrist began to hurt when i first started playing badminton and i had no clue why. well, the answer was pretty simple. i didnt warm up my wrists before i played. Now that i warm them up, even before practice (on the school team), they have never hurt since.

A simple warm up would be to interlock your fingers and rotate your wrists. Do both sides about 10 times each. During team practice we also rotate our ankles at the same time. After that you shouldnt have any more pain.:)

9. HappyOne

HappyOne Regular Member

well now that i know to stretch, would it matter if i continued playing even though the pain is still there? or do i have to take a couple of days off ...

10. gkwok

gkwok Regular Member

Project Manager
    Physiotherapist (sp

I would reccomend that you contact a Doctor and/ or Sports Physiotherapist to check it out.

A physiotherapist will be able to tailor some exercises for you to minimize further injuries and/ or strengthen your wrist if that is what is needed.

11. GiGaChip

GiGaChip Regular Member

A bit off topic, but yes, Villa Park is one of the top HS, at least in California I think... I believe that Eva Lee and some people on the US Team went to that HS or still attend it. I believe Villa Park trains right in OCBC, cuz they don't have a gym...or so I heard...But back to your wrist thing...I think reducing the number of times you use the mouse and click will help your wrist a bit, I know how scrolling through hundreds of articles and reading all of them can make your wrist a bit discomforting lol...:)

12. HappyOne

HappyOne Regular Member

i refuse to take days off >.< my game is on thursday against the 2nd best in the state. i can still play it just hurts like hell afterwards.

13. Javalina

Javalina Regular Member

student
    Do some more test

I need you to do one more thing before I can tell you what to do.

On the injured hand, I need you to hold your thumb with four other fingers. It is like making a fist, only with your thumb inside 4 other fingers. Once this is done, your thumb is buried in the four fingers and make sure the your wrist is perpendicular to the ground. Then bend your wrist down.

Ok, it is important if you feel sharp pain that means your probably teared some tendons and the only way to treat it is rest for a least a month and see a doctor. If you don't feel a sharp pain, I think you just bruise the musle and/or tendon and the treatment is the same but you can add some wrist exercises such as bending, rotating anything you can think of involving wrist movement. I highly recommended you do it in warm environment to help circulation such as sauna or during shower. Do it for at least a month and try not to play badminton during the period. I know it is hard but if you want the wrist to heal then it is necessary. After your wrist feels better and you are ready to go back to play wear a wrist support to prevent future injuries. Hope it helps!

14. LeoTheBearMan

LeoTheBearMan Regular Member

Student
    Well if the pain is still there even after you stretched then i would see a doctor after a couple of days. warming up should help you prevent the pain.

15. SteveStanley

SteveStanley Regular Member

I have a little bump near my wrist and everytime I smash hard it hurts, it doesn't really hurt when I do the backhand shots though. Is this tendonitis? The bump is like a bone from looking at the x-ray, I don't know where the tendon is in this area. I'm seeing a Chiropractic and being threated in the last one month or so, it's getting better slowly but recently it hurts again.

16. HappyOne

HappyOne Regular Member

when i did the little exercise you taught me .... i felt pain in the place where we have all our veins, below the palm. yah that that was where it hurt. i dont know >.<