User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Cab20MS Any Good??

Hi everyone, I have just started playing badminton last November and got really addicted to it.... now i wanna get serious into the game. Im deciding to by a racquet and was wondering if a Cab20MS is a good racquet to buy.... thanks alot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hello, well, im using a cab20ms. currently for 2 years now, my previous racket was a ti-10, prefers cab20ms over ti-77(new) as i prefer it heavy. Well, i would say cab20 would be a harder racket to use compared to isometric as it has a oval shape which gives a smaller sweetspot but higher accuracy and more precise shots. Great for netplay able to do crosscourt and trickshots more accurately, slicing in the sweetspot also makes it a killer, however i find that i'm not able to produce a winning smash with this racket rather doing a fast drop better. Also a very hardy racket, very strong and durable but trust me, takes months before u can really understand this racket, but once you're able to get the feel of it, it just feels very effortless to hit any shot. But then again, please don't blame your rackiet fully should u encounter any bad day, because player's skill is what counts the most. Hope ive been of help to you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by unregistered
    hello, well, im using a cab20ms. currently for 2 years now, my previous racket was a ti-10, prefers cab20ms over ti-77(new) as i prefer it heavy. Well, i would say cab20 would be a harder racket to use compared to isometric as it has a oval shape which gives a smaller sweetspot but higher accuracy and more precise shots. Great for netplay able to do crosscourt and trickshots more accurately, slicing in the sweetspot also makes it a killer, however i find that i'm not able to produce a winning smash with this racket rather doing a fast drop better. Also a very hardy racket, very strong and durable but trust me, takes months before u can really understand this racket, but once you're able to get the feel of it, it just feels very effortless to hit any shot. But then again, please don't blame your rackiet fully should u encounter any bad day, because player's skill is what counts the most. Hope ive been of help to you.
    Thank your for sharing your advice..... it seems this racket is worth buying for the price and playability and form the reviews on this racket.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warmly greet the new fan of oval - head racket! I have never used the CAB20MS, but ever played with a CAB 30 MS from 3 months.I think that both them basically are similar, so that, you have to lost time for familiarize yourself with the racket. I am sure that, with its remarkable particular trait, it will bring pleasantness to you. Good luck!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CAB20MS is a pretty decent all round racquet. It's stiff but not so stiff as to impair a good clear. Frame durability is pretty good as I have quite a few minor clashes and it's still going strong despite being strung at 26X28lbs. It's a good investment once you have moved past beginner and into intermediate skill area. However, it's definitely not a good racquet for beginners. It gets pretty discouraging as the sweetspot is smaller and mis-hits will be frequent. The upside of it is that feedback an oval frame provides will improve your shot-making alot faster.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a Cab20MS myself and I am useing 50% of time while using other racquests the other 50%. It has a muscule Power frame to give you more power then the old Cab20. It also keeps the string longer. It is a very good racquet for a double or all around player. If you do consider play single, I will go for a Cab23 which has stiffer shaft or Cab30MS for even stiffer. Be aware that Cab30MS is a long racquet. I will recommand Cab20ms with BG85 for added power. BG85 cost a little more and last shorter to BG65.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default doubles

Im a doubles player due to the fact singles is too tiring for me.....
    the racquets coming to me in 3-4 days because of shipping and im dieing to try out this racquet.....
    anyone know what I should strung it to for good clear and smashing??
    im an offensive player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. 23lbs.

-dave

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wood_22_chuck
    Yes. 23lbs.

-dave
    I have a racquet newly strung at 23lbs. Is it normal for the lines to be moved out of the straight line after two or more smashes? It is kind of annoying to adjust the lines back into the straight lines with my fingers after a few rallies.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckBur
    I have a racquet newly strung at 23lbs. Is it normal for the lines to be moved out of the straight line after two or more smashes? It is kind of annoying to adjust the lines back into the straight lines with my fingers after a few rallies.
    yup it happens at 22lbs so i'm guessing there will be a bit at 23lbs. mmm...maybe u smash too hard

be nice to your strings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by other
    yup it happens at 22lbs so i'm guessing there will be a bit at 23lbs. mmm...maybe u smash too hard

be nice to your strings
    Ha ha. It was new so I couldn't help it. Ok, now I understand that this is normal for 23 lbs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for your the tip dave, ill string my cab20ms to 23lbs.
    any other tips for using this racquet or adjustments??

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The strings will move more when you slice it, focus on hitting it dead on and the problem will subside. It's really irritating but it's just growing pain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well for me. i use cab20ms all e time. i only use cab20ms, cause i want the same feeling. strung mine at 23.5lbs at bg 65 , recommended to me by ants. u can try waxing the strings too, for a different feel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's this line movement you were talking about?

*wants to know more*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Neosakai
    What's this line movement you were talking about?

*wants to know more*
    I think he meant the string moves after smashes.

This usually happens when you are stringing your racquet at low tension (lower than 19), when you are using string that tends to slip, when you are hittign too hard or a combination of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oo... I think mine shifted a little since the first week too...

It's BG80 at 23lb. At first I saw in small white letters "yonex bg80" in the middle twice, and now I see it three times in a shifted position...

Does that mean my string shifted?

Is that a bad thing?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast