Cab20MS Any Good??

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Ken Masters, Mar 23, 2005.

1. Ken Masters

Ken Masters Regular Member

Hi everyone, I have just started playing badminton last November and got really addicted to it.... now i wanna get serious into the game. Im deciding to by a racquet and was wondering if a Cab20MS is a good racquet to buy.... thanks alot.

2. unregistered

unregistered Regular Member

hello, well, im using a cab20ms. currently for 2 years now, my previous racket was a ti-10, prefers cab20ms over ti-77(new) as i prefer it heavy. Well, i would say cab20 would be a harder racket to use compared to isometric as it has a oval shape which gives a smaller sweetspot but higher accuracy and more precise shots. Great for netplay able to do crosscourt and trickshots more accurately, slicing in the sweetspot also makes it a killer, however i find that i'm not able to produce a winning smash with this racket rather doing a fast drop better. Also a very hardy racket, very strong and durable but trust me, takes months before u can really understand this racket, but once you're able to get the feel of it, it just feels very effortless to hit any shot. But then again, please don't blame your rackiet fully should u encounter any bad day, because player's skill is what counts the most. Hope ive been of help to you.

3. Ken Masters

Thank your for sharing your advice..... it seems this racket is worth buying for the price and playability and form the reviews on this racket.

4. tifam

tifam Regular Member

Warmly greet the new fan of oval - head racket! I have never used the CAB20MS, but ever played with a CAB 30 MS from 3 months.I think that both them basically are similar, so that, you have to lost time for familiarize yourself with the racket. I am sure that, with its remarkable particular trait, it will bring pleasantness to you. Good luck!

5. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    CAB20MS is a pretty decent all round racquet. It's stiff but not so stiff as to impair a good clear. Frame durability is pretty good as I have quite a few minor clashes and it's still going strong despite being strung at 26X28lbs. It's a good investment once you have moved past beginner and into intermediate skill area. However, it's definitely not a good racquet for beginners. It gets pretty discouraging as the sweetspot is smaller and mis-hits will be frequent. The upside of it is that feedback an oval frame provides will improve your shot-making alot faster.

6. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

I have a Cab20MS myself and I am useing 50% of time while using other racquests the other 50%. It has a muscule Power frame to give you more power then the old Cab20. It also keeps the string longer. It is a very good racquet for a double or all around player. If you do consider play single, I will go for a Cab23 which has stiffer shaft or Cab30MS for even stiffer. Be aware that Cab30MS is a long racquet. I will recommand Cab20ms with BG85 for added power. BG85 cost a little more and last shorter to BG65.

7. Ken Masters

doubles

Im a doubles player due to the fact singles is too tiring for me.....
    the racquets coming to me in 3-4 days because of shipping and im dieing to try out this racquet.....
    anyone know what I should strung it to for good clear and smashing??
    im an offensive player.

8. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    Yes. 23lbs.

-dave

9. CanuckBur

CanuckBur Regular Member

Technical support.
    I have a racquet newly strung at 23lbs. Is it normal for the lines to be moved out of the straight line after two or more smashes? It is kind of annoying to adjust the lines back into the straight lines with my fingers after a few rallies.

10. other

other Regular Member

Student
    yup it happens at 22lbs so i'm guessing there will be a bit at 23lbs. mmm...maybe u smash too hard:D

be nice to your strings:p

11. CanuckBur

CanuckBur Regular Member

Technical support.
    :)Ha ha. It was new so I couldn't help it. Ok, now I understand that this is normal for 23 lbs.

12. Ken Masters

thanks for your the tip dave, ill string my cab20ms to 23lbs.
    any other tips for using this racquet or adjustments??

13. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    The strings will move more when you slice it, focus on hitting it dead on and the problem will subside:). It's really irritating but it's just growing pain:D.

14. unregistered

unregistered Regular Member

well for me. i use cab20ms all e time. i only use cab20ms, cause i want the same feeling. strung mine at 23.5lbs at bg 65 , recommended to me by ants. u can try waxing the strings too, for a different feel.

15. Neosakai

Neosakai Regular Member

Unemployed =(
    What's this line movement you were talking about?

*wants to know more*

16. Brave_Turtle

Brave_Turtle Regular Member

Student
    I think he meant the string moves after smashes.

This usually happens when you are stringing your racquet at low tension (lower than 19), when you are using string that tends to slip, when you are hittign too hard or a combination of them.

17. Neosakai

Neosakai Regular Member

Unemployed =(
    Oo... I think mine shifted a little since the first week too...

It's BG80 at 23lb. At first I saw in small white letters "yonex bg80" in the middle twice, and now I see it three times in a shifted position...

Does that mean my string shifted?

Is that a bad thing?

18. Ken Masters

string and tension?

Yes i wanna know too if thats a bad or a good thing, and can someone recommend me what type of string and tension i should use for my cab20ms??
    I know the tension should be at 23lb..

19. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    It's impossible to narrow down to "the one" answer, as it's down to different players' preference.

Personally, I always use BG85 @23lb on my cab30ms, and I think it's a good combo for myself. If you willing to pay the extra $$$, and don't care too much about the durability, u can take a shot @ BG85. If durability is a concern, I think BG65 or BG70pro could be a better choice.

20. Neosakai

Neosakai Regular Member

Unemployed =(
    The very best way I can think of is buy a very non-durable string and string it at a very very high tension. And get the same string and string it at a low tension.

Once you feel the difference, you'll know which one you want :D