User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    I prefer to see the time edit posting removed completely. Comparing this forums to other forums such as AVS, HTF, HFS (for you Audio/Video gurus) they do not have time limits for edits.

This makes it a lot easier to editing mistakes since some of us don't check our posts until later. I have edited posts which go back months because of typos and improper sentences which quoted in current posts for clarification since the thread is still current. I'm suprized some viewers read from the very beginning of the thread to the current because there is lots of pages to find these out.
    I hope the moderators/site administrators are monitoring this and will take note of this and consider our suggestions.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by danielg
    I hope the moderators/site administrators are monitoring this and will take note of this and consider our suggestions.
    Of course.

All are considered

Quote Originally Posted by matt
    This makes it a lot easier to editing mistakes since some of us don't check our posts until later. I have edited posts which go back months because of typos and improper sentences which quoted in current posts for clarification since the thread is still current. I'm suprized some viewers read from the very beginning of the thread to the current because there is lots of pages to find these out.
    Dunno about you guys but when I hit the 'submit reply' button, the thread with my post comes up. What's wrong with 15 minutes? What's wrong with posting a clarification? It shows how a thread develops.

What happens if one person makes an argument, gets 10 dissenting opnions, then the original poster removes his post. Kinda makes the whole thread worthless and confuses any people subsequently reading the post.
    Hmm, here are some notable examples of posts which I think might have become really confusing if the edit post was made available all the time.

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ight=moderator

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ight=moderator (this one is a ver good example)

And I think the referencing to the posts that has occurred in page 1 of this thread is excellent. What if the referenced post had been altered days later?
    Last edited by Cheung; 09-24-2005 at 08:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung
    Of course.

All are considered

Dunno about you guys but when I hit the 'submit reply' button, the thread with my post comes up.

We aren't talking about submitting replies - we are talking about being to edit our own posts without any time limit.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by danielg

We aren't talking about submitting replies - we are talking about being to edit our own posts without any time limit.

You are going round in circles here.

1.If you have tendencies to make mistakes when writing posts, use the view post button

2.Read your post again once submitted, you will have time to check within the 15 minutes after posting to read through and correct major errors.

3.The 15minute time limit is there for very good reasons stated in previous post.

4. There are no good reasons why the limit should be removed, other than sloppy post writing, which is covered by points 1 and 2.

5.If you dont have time to check your posts for errors you may regret later, then post later when you have time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2