Sportscollege with badminton (English Speaking)

Discussion in 'Places to play / Clubs / Local Events' started by LeneM, Mar 26, 2005.

1. LeneM

LeneM New Member

Sportscollege with badminton

Hi I am a girl who finish highschool this summer and then I would like to have a year or so with full-time learning and doing sports. The main theme should off course be badminton so thats why I ask you guys do you know any badminton schools ?

I know a few in Denmark but I would like to go abroad...

Regards,
    LeneM.

2. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    You have posted in the UK forum, is this because you only want UK based colleges?

If so, i dont think there will be many (if at all) with Badminton a main theme in UK. What age group are you?

3. Dill

Dill Regular Member

Lazy git (my coach can verify this)
    I think James is correct, There are no directly related badminton courses at all in the UK.

Your nearest thing would be sports science, and even then it would only be in your thesis or dissertation which you would have to write in a sports specific manner or genre.

No UK uni has a sports specific degree in the way that you get a scholarship in the US but in the instances of some UK unis they are known for having strong badminton teams because the learning aspect of the course is more flexible - Loughborough springs to mind.

4. LeneM

LeneM New Member

Thanks for your replies. I'm 19 years old this summer and have been looking at a Danish place:
    http://www.ihs.dk/index.php?value=foreign_students&menu=fs

You don't get an official degree or anything like that, its more like an adventure for ½-1 year before you start on uni. My idea was then that if could spice it with some language learning my parents would not say to me that it is waste of time.....if you understand :)

I want to improve on my English but it doesn't have to be in the UK so if you know anywhere else ?

Regards,
    LeneM.

5. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Someone on the forum from US may know of a good university that has competitve and structured play.

Moving it to the "parent" places to play forum

6. mgsmith1

mgsmith1 Regular Member

7. ibm88

ibm88 Regular Member

Hi LeneM, if your are interested in Canada, Ontario try this web site for Centennial College you can play on the badminton varsity team and take a course on English. www.CentennialCollege.ca
    if you need more info e mail me

8. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    I don't think she is still here. She last visited 27/3/05

9. ibm88

ibm88 Regular Member

Somebody is still looking, thanks, put the word out if anybody wants to travel and play badminton