User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Renkinjutsushi
    i think you are mis-reading my reply now... i basically asked for a link to the thread you were referring to with no connection to waht i said about the breaking racquet, the stuff i talked about the breaking racquet is in response to another section of your previous post...

as for going to sportchek, it's the only restringing place near my location if you hadn't noticed... also, the only other reason why someone would get their racquet restrung at sportchek is because they actually have a policy... i'm sure they check the authenticity and the rest of the bit.... "I don't think any of them have a racquet return policy that i'm aware of" .... that is why i'm trying to get some confirmation/written policies of the other places such as Browns, YO's, Mandarin's....
    If you want to read it just do a search in the Market Place forum and you should find it easily with "lee" as the subject. Too lazy to search for it for you but this occured about 3-4 years ago so look for a thread with those dates.

Like the poster above mentioned, unless you have a low-end ISO racquet and request it to be strung at an unreasonable tension (say 22lb.+), it really shouldn't be a problem for you. If you have a AT800 or something like that, then the higher tensions wouldn't be a problem. Otherwise, there is almost no chance of racquet breakage with the exception of your friend at Sportchek. It's best you call and ask them them but personally, I'm never even looked into this myself and I've got all my AT800's strung at Yo's along with my other racquets in the past.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also use Winning Cycle for all my badminton stringing. Diamond (owner) provides excellent service, and many times you can get the racquet back the same day! Pricing is also very reasonable/competitive with other outfits.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricearonie
    another option is to get your racquets strung at Winning Cycle (at midland and sheppard), i've pretty much been going to this person all the time since he's closer to me. the cons i have seen so far is that he doesn't have much selection in string and the tension drops faster than Yo's.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm not afraid of my racquet breaking under too much tension, but if the machine somehow collapsed as i have mentioned, that chances of that are sooooo slim, but now i know it actually CAN happen.... as the for the search for Lee's, i have tried... and failed, but it might be my browser or something cuz the search through forums for me haven't always been successful and yet i stumble on something that i had searched for every once in a while.

also, a few people at my club DO do stringing, but they dont string others' cuz they dont wanna break it and be forced to owe others. i wouldn't choose sportchek unless i have to, but i relaly dont want to cuz of the many reasons i mentioned in previous posts

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The big picture

In all fairness, I think we should step back for second and look at the big picture.

Statistically, you have a greater chance of dying everyday in a car accident, than *any* stringing machine breaking, collapsing or whatever to your racquet. In other words, your racquet has a greater chance of damage/destruction everytime you drive or travel to the gym to play. Statistically there is *always* a chance that something may go wrong, even for the best pro stringers in the world.

Every time you hand over your racquet to your stringer, you are in essense, taking a risk. Anyone who's serious about business knows that they are taking a chance by accepting and stringing your racquet. Whether they "cover their a$$es" with a printed policy or insurance, is something any consumer needs to, and should understand before undertaking *any* transaction. If this makes you uncomfortable, then perhaps purchasing a machine and doing it yourself is an idea?

You can search this site and google all you wish..I'm sure you'll find an incident here and there, whether it's with racquets or repairing a car. I think most will agree that getting worried or loosing sleep is hardly productive.

Don't get me wrong, word of mouth is the best way to find a great anything. There have been lots of positive comments about Lee's, Mandarin, Winning Cycle, Yo's etc. I'm not going to let a single incident sway me from hiring the services of businessX or businessY. However, should a trend emerge ( ie, *many* reported objective incidents), then I'll take a closer look. As previously said, anything could happen to the best of stringers. How an honest incident is dealt with, is more important..in my humble opinion. It's way too easy to bad mouth and put down a stringer etc after a single negative incident. Let's not let that happen.

Time to get back to what we all love and do best....play badminton!

Quote Originally Posted by Renkinjutsushi
    i'm not afraid of my racquet breaking under too much tension, but if the machine somehow collapsed as i have mentioned, that chances of that are sooooo slim, .......

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by seejayohh
    In all fairness, I think we should step back for second and look at the big picture.

Statistically, you have a greater chance of dying everyday in a car accident, than *any* stringing machine breaking, collapsing or whatever to your racquet. In other words, your racquet has a greater chance of damage/destruction everytime you drive or travel to the gym to play. Statistically there is *always* a chance that something may go wrong, even for the best pro stringers in the world.

Every time you hand over your racquet to your stringer, you are in essense, taking a risk. Anyone who's serious about business knows that they are taking a chance by accepting and stringing your racquet. Whether they "cover their a$$es" with a printed policy or insurance, is something any consumer needs to, and should understand before undertaking *any* transaction. If this makes you uncomfortable, then perhaps purchasing a machine and doing it yourself is an idea?
    I say the opposite.... on the accident thing.

When you cross a road, you obviously will look around to see if there's any cars .... usually. Unless it just magically happened that you got hit by a car. That CAN happen, but less of a chance.
    Most of these accidents can be prevented if you look at where you're going, and the direction of the cars and such.

However, if you give your racquet to the man.. YOU will then have no control of whether the accident of breaking your racquet is going to happen or not. It is up to the stringer to prevent this accident.
    Every stringer will break a racquet at some point.

My point: In most cases you can prevent being hit by a car. However in most cases you cannot prevent an accident to your racquet with stringers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyways...i say we should just end this thread by stopping posts --" it's getting ugly and i haven't really got all my the answers that i was hoping to get in starting this thread... at this point, i'll just conclude that hopefully the more well known stringers' machines will not magicaly collapse like SportChek's did and that we should remember these badminton specialty shops have their reputation on the the line every time we get them to restring our racuqets, that is all....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, weren't you gonna ask Mandarin and post the results here?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, mandarin hasn't replied my email but i'm thinking if they even plan to reply i'll just restring there myself next time i break my strings lol, but if i DO get a reply, i'll post it up here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2