I told you so

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Jacobo, Sep 23, 2001.

1. Jacobo

Jacobo Guest

China has won all the All-China Open titles. She also provided most of the men's and womens singles players as almost all the men women got thro the qualifiers and only a couple of their women failed to do it.
    And many of the top foreign seeds were beaten in Rd 1 or 2.
    It shows the depth of the Chinese badminton line-up. It shows China's domination which may extend from now on to other events in the calendar.

I TOLD YOU SO. Jacobo

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    can you tell me which stocks to buy and short? That would be most helpful.

3. Euripides

Euripides Guest

Can't do that - only for foretelling the fortunes of badminton players. Go to a management consultant or IB chappie. Don't buy anything for the time being anyway whether long or short, just make it medium sized and fat. Jacobo.

4. Agus

Agus Guest

But in Indonesia Open, Indonesia was grabbing all the titles. China loses the MS title in China Open. So Indonesia is still better than China. Indonesia still dominates the world of badminton.

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    Too bad there is no bookie in my area to take bets on badminton players or tournaments

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    someone wasn't paying attention. Xia won the China Open MS...

and Hendrawan lost.

but then, my position isn't as blindly patriotic like yours. i doubt any country can be said to be "dominating the world of badminton".

even though, China has been doing quite well in the ladies event lately.. :)

7. May

May Guest

make up ur mind kwun.

8. Euripides

Euripides Guest

Kwun,
    Are you suggesting China is not dominating the women's scene? Tell me of a major that has not featured 3/4 Chinese women in the semis going back the last 2 years. This is not a relative term my dear fellow.
    Now for the men's game, they are bringing out all the old and young players to give them a taste of international standards - and they fared 'well', tho not as yet 'outstandingly'. That'll come. In any case, the Chinese men are winning more than any other country. Agree? That will become even more pronounced in months to come. Euripides.

9. nauknip

nauknip Regular Member

Wow.... I think Li YB would most willingly give you a big hug (prob a kiss as well!!) for thinking so highly of the team. Well, of course, you deserve the honour...

10. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Hmmm

"The Chinese Men are winning more than any other country"

In terms of major GP men's titles won this year, I do believe Indonesia outnumbers China in doubles and singles.
    In terms of individual matches lost and won this may be a different statistic altogether.

11. Coco

Coco Guest

Cheung are you the BAM statistician? Or perhaps you are from HK as you spell your name the HK way. Coco

12. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    From HK.
    To treat badminton with satatistics would be very interesting but data collection is pretty arduous.

Can imagine saying a particular shot in this situation has a probability of winning of 63% with SEM of 6%, creating a weak shot probability 50% SEM25%, a odds ratio. Maybe we should also do a correction for multiple T-tests.