From Using AT700 to using NS7000

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by CounterD, Mar 29, 2005.

1. CounterD

CounterD Regular Member

-
    I have been using a At700 for the last 3 months and dont get me wrong i love it to death. Just recently i have bouth a new NS7000 2U from a local store for $225 AUD strung at 25LBS.

I started playing with the NS7000 yesterday it was weird at first because i was hitting the shuttle out most the time. But it wasnt that i was hitting it any harder, it was that the NS7000 seem to me making my shot more powerful. Took me couple of game to get use to the power and to me it the best racket my smashes were faster net shots were more precises clears were effortless.

Then i got my AT700 out and had a hit but it felt like i lost power and my smashes and i thought due to head heavyness of the AT700 my smashes were goin to be faster than the NS7000. Weird isnt , so i wont be goin back to my AT700 any time soon NS7000 Rocks

2. stantan

stantan Regular Member

Attorney-at-Law
    Im glad you like it. I loved the NS7000 during practice but when in actual gameplay, I find I lack power since I often dont have time for a full swing.

The AT series rackets give me power even on a relatively poor swing. Still, I will give my NS7000 another shot! =)

Failing that I will wait for the NS8000 =)

3. SWC_Ant

SWC_Ant Regular Member

Student
    i have a question for you guys.. not sure if its been discussed yet, because so many people are talking about the NS series... i always thought that head heavy=more power in shots+more offensive, and head light=quick and manueverable+ more offensive.. how can the NS series, being head light as they are, be so offensive and powerful??

another question is.. does this new improvement in head light racket power mean even balanced rackets lack in power compared with head light AND head heavy rackets? and since head heavy limits manueverability, does that mean head light rackets are eventually going to take over the market because they have power and manueverability at the same time?

(sorry if my spelling of manueverability is horrid.. i dont rmbr how to spell it :eek: )
    if need be maybe this needs to be split off into a completely different thread :)

4. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    What version is your AT700?? Would you consider selling it??? :D:D:D

5. simonob007

simonob007 Regular Member

I have recently sold my AT500 and got a nanospeed7000 3UG3. I find it much easier to generate the power for a great smash with the NS even though it is head light. For me, I find the NS7000 SO easy to 'whip' through the air with my wrist compared to the AT500 and this seems to be where the power is coming from. My friend plays with AT700 and has a killer smash, he tried my NS7000 and found it difficult to generate the same kind of power that he gets with his AT700 although his smash power is generated more with his arm than his wrist so perhaps this is why he wasn't getting the power out of the NS?? (only a theory though)!

6. jsunsun

jsunsun Regular Member

It's possible you found the NS7000 more powerful simply because newly strung relative to your AT700. Fresh strung racquets tend to feel like they have greater repulsion.

7. colekwok

colekwok Regular Member

Fixing people
    What kind of string do you use on the AT700 and the N7000?
    If you use different string and different tension, the effect will
    be quite significant.

8. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    One of the reason that i can think of why NS generate power when its head light, its is because of the molecular structure of the raket, its kind of stiff , that is where the power comes from. besides that.. the player have a good swing and fast hand movement.

9. colekwok

colekwok Regular Member

Fixing people
    Still, it is very difficult to determine whether the new head light NS7000 is better than the AR series rackets. It is always down to the personal preference. For me, I still play with my good old Areotus110 for single and the Iso900 SS for double. I just aquired a Carlton Powerblade Lite with stock stringing as well. They all works just fine for me. Maybe I am playing with players who are a bit inferior compare to my experience, but I guess if you find a racket that you think it works better than your previous one, then go for it then. :p

10. Brave_Turtle

Brave_Turtle Regular Member

Student
    I still think that you might generate more power from head heavy or head light depending if you are a wrist or arm player.

11. wawan

wawan Regular Member

hm...kind of agree with your statement....

12. stantan

stantan Regular Member

Attorney-at-Law
    I will second the motion. The NS works great for me when I hit it just right.

13. CounterD

CounterD Regular Member

-
    On my AT700 I use ashaway microledgend strung at 25 LBS
    On my NS7000 I use ashaway microledgeng strung at 25LBS
    And over the weekend i went and got a AT800 3U Strung at 25LBS and played with it for a bit. To me it feels exactly like my AT700 no diffenrence. Then i switched back to the NS7000 and wham!!!! Power!!!.I just wasted AUD250 on my AT800.
    BTW Ashaway Microledgend strings beats all yonex string.My prefence anyways

14. SWC_Ant

SWC_Ant Regular Member

Student
    which AT 800 was it? and i do believe that AT 800 OF should be more powerful than AT 700.. maybe you just need to get used to it. NS 7000... some people say its a lot weaker than AT's, some say its a lot stronger.. it all depends on how you play (wrist or arm) and personal preference.. neither one is definitely better than the other.. for me.. AT all the way :D

15. CounterD

CounterD Regular Member

-
    It was a AT800DF 3U. And aslo about AT800OF being more powerful than the AT700 I dont think it really make a big difference at all. I have tried the AT800OF And it feels exactly like all the AT range of rackets. Personly i think yonex make the rackets exactly the same but different paint jobs haha.

16. SWC_Ant

SWC_Ant Regular Member

Student
    maybe you haven't tried it long enough.. you said you only played with it for a bit.. if you get used to the swingspeed maybe the feel will be quite different ;) i've tried both the AT800DE and OF, and they feel completely different

17. twisted

twisted New Member

Student
    Armortec At700 vs Nanospeed 7000

I'm able to get the Armortec AT 700 and the Nanospeed 7000 at roughly the same price but I can't decide which is better to get. I love smashes....Any advice?

18. Neil Nicholls

Neil Nicholls Regular Member

find a shop that will let you demo them and try them both out.
    It is almost impossible for anyone to say which would be better for you based on the information you have given.

<edit>FYI: my reply was to twisted when it was the only post in a thread, then it was merged with another thread</edit>

#18 Neil Nicholls, Jun 3, 2005
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2005
  19. Fusion_M8

Fusion_M8 Regular Member

I.T/Admin
    I'm sure 90% if not all badminton players love to hit hard smashes, and I'm also sure Yonex has taken that into consideration when designing their rackets. When deciding which racket to buy, first you have to know you own strengths and weaknesses.

To answer you initial question. The NS7000 is more headlight and even balanced, it also provides better feel for net play and control while still being able to provide good power transfer. It is considered the better all round racket compared to the AT700.

Any racket can deliver a powerful smash, but only if the end user gets the technique right.

20. vmtien

vmtien Regular Member

I experienced exactly the same as counterd did. But in my opinion, the power of smashing depends on your technique.

Before with AT700, I can not switch to any other series of racquet because I lose power in smashing and faced up with muscle pain.
    When using NS7k, I spent quite a lot of time in food work, drop shot, smash... And as the result, I got a better smash than I did with AT700 and have no pain at all. In addition, my NS7k remains with only 21lbps net strung while old AT700 is strung at 23lbps (same type of strings: Yonex BG65). A shift to another racquet also results less in my smashing power than before.

In conclusion, I think we should concentrate on our training rather than focus too much on the racquet.

#20 vmtien, Jun 6, 2005
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2005