Badminton Training Video in DVD

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by bluejeff, Mar 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    After several hundreds of hours editing and encoding videos, I have finally made all my VCDs into DVDs.:eek: Now, the cost is a lot lower (because 1 DVD disc is cheaper than a bunch of CD discs and it's a lot less weight) and all students can now obtain the badminton training videos with much lower prices!! :)

I have made the videos into 4 sets: the first two are for beginner, the third one is for advanced level, and the fourth one is the complete TV series, which is for all levels.

==========================================

Beginner Level
    DVD Set 1, NTSC, 5h39m, $10 USD

China Badminton Training
    Audience: Beginner and Coach
    Dialogue: Chinese-Mandarin (Normal Dialogue)
    Description: Badminton basics, tips, strokes, footworks, and drills. Also, the steps are clear from the coaches. Chinese players and coaches are in the films. It has lots of drills that you can use as a coach. Some of them are hard to do, but I am sure it would be helpful.

Road to badminton Champions
    Audience: Beginner and Coach
    Description: Badminton basics, shots, lots of footwork drills, special moves from some good players/coaches. Tips about shots and techniques. Also directed by some Chinese players and coaches.

DVD Set 2, NTSC, 6h26m, $10 USD

Training with Professionals by Xiao-Jay
    Audience: Beginner
    Description: Xiao-Jay won several of championships before, including Netherland Open and Belgium Open...etc. She points out very many common mistakes that people tend to make without knowing. Also, She would tell what makes you miss the shot. She talks about singles, doubles, mixed doubles, and some strategies.

Badminton Professionals by Di-Nah
    Audience: Beginner
    Description: Di-Nah (Sorry for my poor pin-yin) was the China's National Champion before. She would go over the basics very very slowly with her slow motions with every single details. Also, there was a kid along with Di-Nah in the video so this is very good for teaching childrens as well. Di-Nah's movement is very gentle and light, so if you are a female player, this is the one for you. She has a lot of information on playing shots with correct foot steps. She also tells you what to do and what not to do.
    This set is great for beginners and children.

Badminton Fundamentals
    Audience: Beginner, Intermediate, and Coach
    Description: The video looks like it is from Taiwan. It has pretty decent fundamentals and also lots of drills shown. Also, it talks about the details of the game, such as the behaviors in the game, what umpire's gestures...etc. Also, it talks about the shuttle's flight paths, what to wear in the games, how and who to handshake before/after the game, lots of very little things. This set of videos teaches you to do the drills (a lot) and side informations. The coach sometimes mentions doing certain moves will prevent injury. Both male and female and children players shown in the video and I think it is good for everyone.
    Equipments shown in the video are Victors; and it even has the manufacture process (factory) shown on how they make, test, select shuttles and racquets in Victor. Very Amazing!!!
    This is definetely for badminton coaches, as there are over 50+ drills in steps,shots,fitnesses....training programs shown.

------------------------------------

Advanced Level
    DVD Set 3, NTSC, 5h58m, $10 USD

IBF badminton Training
    Audience: Intermediate and above
    Dialogue: English
    Description: Badminton strategies in singles and doubles, footworks and shots are also shown. It teaches you how to do the various footworks and patterns of the footworks. At the end, it has some extra tips for female players.

Xiong GuoBao
    Audience: Intermediate and above
    Dialogue: Chinese-Mandarin (Normal Dialogue) and Cantonese (Dual channel)
    Description: Xiong GuoBao won several of champions before, including Thomas Cup Chapioms 3 times, France Open, US Open, Japan Open, Indonesia Open, HK open, Singapore Open, Malaysia Open...etc. He is specialized at back-hand shots and his footwork is also very beautiful. In the VCDs, he covers back-hand shots, fore-hand shots, footworks, and balance control the most. He also points out some little things that people never notice and several references. He also talked about how to use the wrist and fingers. There is a short review list after each topic which is very helpful to put all ideas together.

Li-Ling Wei Badminton
    Audience: Beginner (Disc 1), Intermediate (Disc 2), Advanced (Disc 3), Coach (All Discs)
    Li-Ling Wei: She won many badminton titles back in the old days and she is currently the vice chair person of China Badminton Association. She is often called "Queen of Badminton".
    Disc 1: Including Badminton Basics, regulations, how to hold grips, court equipments, basic shots, and basic footworks.
    Disc 2: Including different drives, footworks, serves, smashes, net shots, and many drills.
    Disc 3: Including fake moves, drops, sudden smash, quality shots, and game strategies.
    Note: Victor equipments were used throughout this set.

------------------------------------

Complete TV series
    DVD Set 4, NTSC, 14h53m, $30 USD

Official Badminton Tutorial by China Central TV
    Audience: Beginner, and Coach
    Description: This is the official training material in China, and this huge set of VCDs was produced by the National TV network of China (Central TV) and endorsed by Wang Wen-Jou, who was the first national badminton coach in China who built the national team and made the huge glories in 1980s tremendous victories. This TV program was written by Xiao-Jay as well.
    There are 45 episodes, which covered everything in badminton. From the history of badminton, manufacture of shuttles and racquets, racquet weights, finger positions...etc to various skills, how to warmup...... Since it was the offical TV program, its quality is high and organized.
    If you are a badminton coach, this will help you since there are lots of drills in this huge set.

=====================================

Shipping & Handling
    US & Canada: $6 flat rate.
    Other areas please contact me. Insurance is optional with extra charges.

Payment
    I accept Paypal, Money order, and Western Union.

Contacts
    Please let me know the set Number you are interested in.
    You can PM me or email me at bluejeff@gmail.com

2. victor makanju

victor makanju Regular Member

national athlete(junior),cafe attendant
    hi,i need this tapes but i cant afford it.

this tapes are very important tome but i cant get them cos of my location and i dont have a credit card and i dont know the medium i can use to pay this amount but i need the whole tapes to help improve my game play as a young african,can you just be nice as a friend and an angel and just reply to my box if you can kindly send me this tapes or send it to victor makanju through my association,national badminton asssociation ,nigeria

3. Neil Nicholls

Neil Nicholls Regular Member

bluejeff,
    Do you think any of the chinese language DVDs would be any good for non-chinese speakers?

4. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    I think you might be able to learn by just watching the movements without knowing what the instructor's saying in the video. It will be nice to know Chinese so that you could understand the details. Normally, the instructor will say what the movement is for and he/she will demostrate the movement in the video. So you might learn from there.

5. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Originally, these videos were in VCDs and the cost was around $100 and I know it's too expensive for students. Therefore, I edited them to fit onto DVDs and thus, cut the cost by nearly half and make them more affordable.

As of the payment type, you can always use Western Union or Money Order if you don't have PayPal. I will send out the videos once I receive your payment.

6. victor makanju

victor makanju Regular Member

national athlete(junior),cafe attendant
    you are really kind enough ,i rreally appreciate your reply and concern.

you see when you make conversion directly from dollar to naira it makes the price reallyy un bearable for we africans but i wiill try tomeet up with your demands if there is more discount,thanks jeff

7. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    I have received some concerns that people said they only saw 12 episodes or so in the DVD set #4, which supposed to be 45 episodes in the set.

Let me explain this quickly, in the beginning of the DVD, there is a selection menu. You need to flip pages in order to show more episodes as there are 15 episodes per DVD (total of 3 DVDs included, 45 episodes). You will see there are a lot of pages in menu, and please don't be mistaken if you think you are only getting 4 episodes per DVD. :)

How to flip pages in menu?
    Just scroll down and press the ">" sign on the menu.

PC users will have no problem with this as media player will show all episodes at sidebar. This is only for Home DVD users.

8. smash0812

smash0812 New Member

IT Support
    how much is shipping charges to Sydney

How much would it cost me if I am going to order CD's 2 and 3 plus shipping charges?

Many thanks.

9. khwong

khwong Regular Member

Self Employed
    how much is the shipping to malaysia?

10. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    That would be depending on how fast you want the shipping be and quantity of discs. Please PM me or email me your mailing address and what you are looking for.

11. bardo

bardo Regular Member

Programmer
    i'm from malaysia

Hi. i'm bardo from malaysia.. actually my name is Mahdzer.
    i would like to buy some this dvd from you, maybe the beginner level,
    about two dvd.

can i use wire transfer to your account!

12. smash0812

smash0812 New Member

IT Support
    Hi

you have to email bluejeff since he is the one who is selling this dvd's.

13. Raphael

Raphael Regular Member

Bluejeff, I am interested in DVD sets 1,2 and 3. How much to ship them to Melb, Australia?

14. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    I have just pm'ed you.

15. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Common question: Can you ship by UPS or Fedex?

For people who live in the US, Yes, I can ship Fedex for flat rate $8 if you don't like USPS. When shipping with Fedex, insurance is already included in the cost so the price is about the same as USPS.

For people that is outside of US, USPS still migh be your best choice.

16. Boy@n

Boy@n Regular Member

if possible for you, could you put videos on a FTP server and charge us via
    PayPal? and perhaps a bit cheaper, since no costs of DVDs and mailing...

17. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Thanks for the idea. It sounds nice and convenient, however, that will make these videos more like tools for making money and that's against my original intention.

Also, the files are too big. I think there are very little people here have disk space for 35GB of videos, and not to mention running FTP servers requires bandwidth, and that's even more expensive than S&H. :)

18. Boy@n

Boy@n Regular Member

Well, many people have all-time-connection, so time is not the problem for em ;)

And if time is not the problem then space is neither, since we can download one DVD by one, and once it's downloaded we can burn it to DVD, or remove it if not needed or do whatever with it...

And if you got little old computer there sitting in dust and all-time-connection to the internet, then FTP server is free as well...

Ohh well, was just idea. Hmmm, another one, send me those DVDs for free, and I'll set up FTP server for YOU, and so YOU can get money out of it by doing nothing further (if you wish)..... I don't need money either, if you wish this can be our free project for those seriously interested :cool: Soon I'll have VDSL line, 10 MBit download & 2 MBit upload (with bit higher cost I can even get 10 MBit upload).

#18 Boy@n, Oct 28, 2005
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2005
  19. Boy@n

Boy@n Regular Member

Ahh, BTW, I am from Europe...

20. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    That's exact what I don't want. Some people here have tendency to re-sell them for their own profit, and I don't want these videos to become money-making tools.

No, majority of world are still using dial-ups and No, electricity is not free. Imagine how much it will cost for a 400w system up and running for a month, not to mention if it needs any hardware replacements and it will cost even more.

Very smart, but I don't think any of those are good ideas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.