Signs of FAKES!

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by ting03, Mar 30, 2005.

1. ting03

ting03 Regular Member

University Student
    hello everybody!

i have bought an MP 99 and then found out that it was fake.:mad: ..however, i have come up with a guide to help people how to tell the difference!:D here is a list of what I think you can check to see if a racquet is real or not:p

1. The serial Number, (checking to see if it the date is BEFORE the date you got it)
    2. The grip
    3. The flex
    4. If it spins smoothly (If you hold a racquet by it's shaft and just spin it you will see what i'm talking about. if the racquet does not spin smoothly, then it could be a fake)
    5. The case it comes in (NOT in all scenarios)

well that's my way of checking, i've had some experience :mad: :eek: :crying:
    anyways if anyone else knows of any other ways you can check them by all means tell me! so that i don't get ripped off again! :)

ting03

2. Neosakai

Neosakai Regular Member

Unemployed =(
    Where did you get the racquet? If it's from a retailer store then I better watch out, because we live in the same city ^^;

3. LeoTheBearMan

LeoTheBearMan Regular Member

Student
    Some ways to know if a racket is fake by:
    • If the serial number is printed and not engraved.
    • If the cap is bumpy on the bottom.
    • If the cap does not reflect light. (not shiny)
    • If the paint is off color or words are blurred.
    Did you buy from eBay?

4. Dave18

Dave18 Regular Member

Student
    Those are only a few ways to tell if a racquet is fake.

Bluejeff has a website up comparing a fake and authentic mp77, but I forgot the url. Can someone post it again? The mp 77 is similar to the mp99, so just compare them.

5. ting03

ting03 Regular Member

University Student
    to some member's question: yea, i DID get the racquet from ebay....:crying:

it was my first time buying something from it...and i got ripped..but after i got them i found this site, and i read and have found out a lot since then..anyways i bought another racquet on ebay, and it's REAL this time :D

ting03

6. malayali

malayali Regular Member

namaskaaram..
  7. LeoTheBearMan

Student
    Not to sound mean or anything but "real" like the last time? :D . Instead of eBay try www.badmintonalley.com next time. they have great selection and authentic rackets. :D

#7 LeoTheBearMan, Mar 31, 2005
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2005
  8. cheung31

cheung31 Regular Member

or if you're from canada, and want to avoid the currency exchange, you can go here:

www.badmintonzon.com

9. LeoTheBearMan

Student
    forgot he was from Canada. :eek:

10. ting03

ting03 Regular Member

University Student
    from ebay i've gotten 2 racquets...

MP 99 - FAKE!
    Armortec 800 DE - Real!, i used all my methods of checking to see if it's real and it passed all of them!

anyways the reason i buy racquets off ebay is because they are cheaper...e.g.
    on ebay i can get a Nanospeed 7000 for around $200 CDN dollars, while on Badminton Zon it is 239.99CDN without tax or shipping...and i know, that the badminton zon is more trustable, but i'd rather save a bit of money...

anyways i bought my armortec off this ebayer called sumai03, and if you look in under the "ebay auction watch" sticky post, you can find out who sells real and who sells fake, i searched there before i made any decisions. now when i buy racquets off ebay i am very picky lol

ting03

11. SWC_Ant

SWC_Ant Regular Member

Student
    just curious, what distribution area is the NS7000 you bought? i believe NS7000 TW version costs something like $165 CDN in taiwan ;)

edit: sorry, i misread. what distribution code of the NS7000 did you see? also, congrats on getting your AT800DE, how much did you get it for? and what distribution area is that one? :)

edit again:
    if you bought your racket at www.mattshop.com.tw (taiwanese store) the shipping to canada would be 0.5kg for NT$230 (approx. CDN$9) or 1.0kg for NT$385 (approx. CDN$15)

i've never bought rackets at this shop, but its been mentioned a couple of times. just thought it'd be good if i pointed this out, for future reference ;)

#11 SWC_Ant, Mar 31, 2005
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2005
  12. Neosakai

Neosakai Regular Member

Unemployed =(
    lol.... There are a few place sto buy racquets in the area ting03 lives in. So the only reason would be because he wants to buy cheaper racquets =)

But it's hard to trust them, I mean... What if there's a small paint chip? What can you do if there's one? leave it? Or bite on the guy?

I'm thinking of buying strings on ebay though, dunno the cons of it.

13. SWC_Ant

SWC_Ant Regular Member

Student
    im sorry i dont know where richmond hill is (its probably not richmond tho right?) :eek: im stupid.. haha

string on ebay dont look too bad, cant think of any cons.. unless some idiot decides to sell fishing rope in badminton string packages :rolleyes:

14. Neosakai

Neosakai Regular Member

Unemployed =(
    lol sorry, I don't meant any offense in that post...

Of course, Richmond Hill is not in BC ;)
    It's in ontario =D

If there's fake racquets... I don't know what fake strings look like hahaha
    The stirngs on ebay is like half the price the strings here.

15. ting03

ting03 Regular Member

University Student
    the AT 800 DE i got just arrived yesterday...and the distribution code is TH in thailand, that is prob the main reason why it's cheaper....:rolleyes:

anyways i got it for 188CDN dollars! :D much better than $265..but i havent' actually played with it yet...i'm going tomoro night to give it a test drive...

just to double check, the racket's serial number is...5257327 301144TH
    it's real rite?:eek: it came with free strings BG 68-ti's which i neer used before...but they are a cool colour! :D ...and well about taiwanese store...i'll check it out a bit later but thanx :)

ting03

16. SWC_Ant

SWC_Ant Regular Member

Student
    whether the serial is real or fake, i suggest you post here http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8152

good luck with the AT800DE.. what racket were you using before this? i used a MP55 2U until this week, when i got someone to bring a AT800DE for me from taiwan. so far i've played with it twice (bg 65 @ 25lb) and its very good compared with MP55

cheers

17. shawn30_k

shawn30_k Regular Member

student
    my coach has a fake mp99 and 100.1look at it and i knew it was both a fake.he admitted to me and told me he bought it from china.a few points to take down too on how different it looks.

mp99-orange in color.although there is still yellow from afar you can see its a little orange.
    -serial no not engraved
    -grommets look rough
    mp100-t joint isnt the normal flat t joint.it was thoe proturding things just like the melted joint has that protuding design.its difficult to explain only that that tjoint is the saem as proace speed ultra light carbon and some ashaway rackets too.
    -shaft was shorter than normal.
    -yonex logo was faded
    -serial no not engraved

18. ting03

ting03 Regular Member

University Student
    oh, you're lucky to have a coach that actually plays badminton and knows about stuff like that...

not to say anything bad, but my coach for my school team doesn't relaly play badminton, i think that even i can beat him :p

ting03

19. LeoTheBearMan

Student
    Lol

LOL. I can beat my coach 15-3.(usually stops after the first set:D ) He doesnt really play badminton aswell but he is trying none the least!

20. ting03

ting03 Regular Member

University Student
    i don't play singles, but i've seen him play, he doesn't even hold the racquet rite...lol but i might get him as a teacher sometime in my highschool years...so i gotta be nice...:D

ting03