Carbonex 8 and MP100

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by mustang, Mar 31, 2005.

1. mustang

mustang Regular Member

Hello BFers. I realize they're two rackets from totally different time periods but I need to know if they're similar or not. I might be purchasing a MP100 soon (and I have no way of trying it out) but I have tried the Carbonex 8 before and I liked it. Do you guys think I would like the MP100 as well?

2. SteveStanley

SteveStanley Regular Member

This may not answer your question directly, but anyway, I used Cab 8 long time ago when I was a kid, and I switched to Cab 9 and have been using it for over 17 years. I found that Cab 9 head is heavier compared to Cab 8, but overall is more stable and better for smashes. I have tried MP100 as well as MP99, and I found that I have no trouble switching from Cab 9 to MP99 and MP100. I hope this helps.

3. mustang

mustang Regular Member

Thank you for the reply Steve. Anyone else? ;)

4. bad_mint_on

bad_mint_on New Member

Incompetent engineer.......expert in using the tai
    I had used Cab 8 for many years (1980's). It was and still is a good racket for doubles, as it packs quite a powerful smash. However, control is lacking in this racket; many a times the bird hit the floor about 1-2 feet away from the intended spot. When I switched to singles, I got myself Cab 20; good control and perfect for overall singles play, however, it lacks power. Now, as I am getting on in age, I switched back to doubles and bought myself an MP100 about 2 years ago. This racket has both power (in fact, a lot!!!) and reasonable control. I loved this racket from the moment I first hit the bird. Buy it, highly recommended.