AT800DE vs NS7000/8000

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by roquejo, Apr 1, 2005.

1. roquejo

roquejo Regular Member

OK, for those who tried both AT800DE and the nanospeed series, which one is better?

Nanospeed, as the name implies, is known for speed given it is head light.

But the Aerodynamic frame of AT800DE makes it fast even if it is head heavy.

Is the speed of the DE comparable to NS? I assume DE smashes are better because of its logic of head heaviness.

head heavy + speed (better than) head light + speed

I haven't tried NS yet so I have really no say on this. So any insights and comparison between the two?

2. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Probably you can read those Reviews on AT800 and the NS series and you may find the answers there.. :)

3. seanng

seanng Regular Member

Student
    I want the answer to this post as well

I want a new backup racket and currently own the AT800DE but want the power of the nanospeed with speed of the AT800DE.

Is nanospeed the answer or is there a better alternative?

4. SWC_Ant

SWC_Ant Regular Member

Student
    i dont know if this helps, but NS 7000 and especially NS 8000 are offensive rackets (i still dont understand.. how can head light be so offensive? :confused: )

some people who tried NS 7000 or 8000 who compared with rackets like MP 100 told of different results. from what i hear is: if you use your wrist to generate power in smashes etc. then NS will give you more power. if you use arm power in your smashes etc, then head heavy will give you more power

hope this helps (btw i do own a AT800DE, but never seen a NS in real life :p )

5. roquejo

roquejo Regular Member

Thanks... good observation,nice to know that other people also wants to know the compasion between the two speed based rackets... guess we need to wait for someone who actually owns both to share his experiences playing with both DE and NS.

Just a thought.. it is possible that owners of DE wont benefit much from the NS since both are speed based.

If yonex claims that this "head light" racket is really offensive, I guess the even DE can be also considered offensive coz it still packs a quite a smash (I guess yonex likes use constrasting names nowadays)

I guess NS will benefit those who have power based rackets like AT800 OF or AT 700 more because they can add another racket type to their collection which they can use if the situation or their mood calls for it.

6. Kai91

Kai91 Regular Member

Student
    Can't help much here...

But had a swing with both At800DE and NS7000

The AT800 swings faster although its top portion of the head is supposed to be more squarish compared to the NS7000... I tried all position of the NS7000 but it seems it can't match with the speed of AT800 maybe prolly bcuz of the head heaviness it has an edge over NS7000 in swing speed...:confused:

Hope it helps:)

7. roquejo

roquejo Regular Member

Thanks for the info, so it seems that DE is still faster than the NS7000. Maybe coz of its aerodynamic frame.

So owners of DE who don't need to consider the NS anymore since the DE is still better speedwise.

8. jcl49

jcl49 Regular Member

With this single paragraph, you have just undone Yonex's months of marketing and years of research! :cool:

9. wawan

wawan Regular Member

hahahaha....nice joke...

btw...the hands tell....
    give a try, the hands will tell why...up to u to satisfy....

10. stantan

stantan Regular Member

Attorney-at-Law
    Roquejo,

I play in Club Filipino and Centro Atletico. If you play there maybe we can meet so you can try out my NS7000.

A few swings is worth a thousand words, right?

11. HoustonRockets

HoustonRockets Regular Member

I want to konw too......
    I m thinking to buy one of those....

12. roquejo

roquejo Regular Member

Nope, I usually play at Quezon City Sports Club, Pro Kennex, and Sureplay.. and sometimes at Club 650, Valencia, Body & Mind, and Platinum.

Thanks, but my badminton groupmate will get a NS7000 next week and I'll get to try it. He will swap his limited edition Ti10 for that.

For those who are intrested, NS7000 SP is already available here in Greenhills since march from an Indian guy who runs a store at the new parking lot beside unimart. Last time I asked he quotes it at around Php 15T.. I'm sure its negotiable.. coz he offered me an AT800DE SP at the last price of 11T.

Maybe ShuttleStation also have it by now... these two stores sell cheaper than toby's.

Just take good care of the NS7000, this early it seems that durability is its weakness.. already read two posts in this forum of it being broken and one being badly cracked on the shaft.

13. stantan

stantan Regular Member

Attorney-at-Law
    to be sure, Mag just broke his and we had a report of one being broken while being strung.

still, we should discount Mag's clash since, according to him, the clash was so bad that no racket would have survived it. Hmm, maybe a Carbonex 8 would :rolleyes:

TBH, I dont use mine all that much. I will give it more time tonight since theres no tourney. :)

BTW, Yonex in Megamall sells the NS7000 ay PhP15,990. And even at 15k I would sincerely recommend looking for someone who is going to Bangkok to get it for you. Its less than 100USD there.

#13 stantan, Apr 4, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2005