Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Choose a racket

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SWC_Ant
    edit: anyways, i think we should stop talking so much and let him have his say first.. otherwise it'll be a LOT of repetitive reading for him to do first thing in the morning tomorrow
    most agree....
    need his response now i guess....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are rackets that are easier to clear with(I mean truly effortlessly, and there are rackets that I can clear with, but it takes more energy to do so). When playing a singles tournament, it is advisable to have a racket that is easy to clear with so that you will not tire out before your opponent does.

I've personally had the MP77, and it is recommendable for it's easy of clearing and devasting smashes. However, it is on heavy side, and will be slow for defense in doubles. I don't have experience with MP33, but there are plenty of positive reviews of it, so do a search.

For the oval headed rackets, I have tried Carbonex 8400, it's a good racket. It doesn't have the latest technlogy in it, but it is easy to clear with, and smashes are good but not outstanding. You probably would need better technique to handle the Carbonex 8400 than a MP77 though. If you are an intermediate player, you should do fine. There are positive reviews of Cab 20MS and Cab 30MS, you may consider these as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SWC_Ant
    if its hard for you to do a clear from back court, its not usually the racket's problem (unless you're using a $10 racket) but its probably something to do with your strings and string tension. (or most probable, your technique) what racket do you use currently? that might help with people giving you suggestions about getting a new racket. personally i think, under $100, MP 22-28 are all pretty good. its all personal preference tho

cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

virusvodoo, SWC_ant, chickenpoodle, wawan, TheGr8Two thanks for the suggestion & recommendation . Actually long time ago I'd bought Ti-10 , price is $100 , compare to my curent racket, Ti-10 give me a better clear, but I've sold it to my friend. I don't know the exact reason why I sold it. May be I just felt that $100 doesn't worth it just for a not significant difference in term of power. If MP 77 really easy to Clear as TheGr8Two recommended, I would like to buy it , because it cost me $ 70, cheaper than Ti-10In. Same thing wth other MP series that SWC_ant recommended , if it really can do easy Clear, I would choose it, Considering that MP33 just cost me $ 40. In double games I don't have any probem with my current racket (fake Toalson), but in single game I think I've put enough power on the Clear, but it is weak , unlike the Ti-10. If I have to narrowed, I will consider MP2x-77 , I think Cab 30 MS is too Expensive for me. the price is the same with Ti-10. How about Cab 20 MS? how it perform? I think the candidate will be MP series (2x, 33, 77) and Cab ( only cab 25 sp and cab MS series, have tried cab 21 sp just felt like nothing special).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by overhead_rhythm
    How about Cab 20 MS? how it perform? I think the candidate will be MP series (2x, 33, 77) and Cab ( only cab 25 sp and cab MS series, have tried cab 21 sp just felt like nothing special).
    hmmm...maybe cab21 SP just not suit your style....even it is a so called as legendary racquet for champions...

all the best in your searching process....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2