Results 1 to 2 of 2
04-03-2005, 02:37 PM #1
strining noob needs a few answers
now here's the deal.
1. i have yonex isometric swing power SA. now i've seen in a yonex catalogue that some rackets should be strung in the way that the cross has more tension for about 1 or 2 lbs while some rackets should be strung in the way that main and cross strings have the same tension. i was wondering how's with my racket? should the cross strings have higher tension than the mains?
2. i know that there are lots of stringing techniques..so i was wondering which one is the best?
3. should i use different stringing techniques for different racket types? like...would it be better if lets say yonex muscle power series rackets would be strung using technique A, swing power using technique B and so on... or is it really the same whether u're using a single technique on all types of rackets?
04-03-2005, 04:34 PM #2
I think many of ur questions being discussed multiple times before, and please do a search. Here's a quick summary:
1. Personally, I believe the so-call different string method (i.e. 4 knots vs 2 knots) are highly depend on the type of machine u use.
2. In yonex string pattern, it usually suggests 10% more tension on cross. However, it also depend on the string machine (mounting method) u use.
3. I don't think any method are way better than another, as long as its proven to be reliable.
By GavWallace in forum Market PlaceReplies: 2: 02-27-2009, 03:30 AM
By chaokong in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you postReplies: 0: 10-07-2008, 01:52 PM
By robin7 in forum Chit-ChatReplies: 12: 06-07-2007, 06:55 PM
By evolution-Fung in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & ToolsReplies: 10: 08-17-2006, 10:33 PM
By yoolose in forum Badminton Rackets / EquipmentReplies: 1: 11-14-2001, 10:36 AM