mp88 vs at500 vs cab30ms

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by SylentChaos88, Apr 3, 2005.

1. SylentChaos88

SylentChaos88 New Member

hey there. i was just wondering which racket i should get? my choices are between a mp88, at500, and a cab30ms. i've looked around BC but all the information that i've found hasn't seemed to help me in my decision. i've been playing badminton for 2 years but i supposedly have a lot of potential to become a very good badminton player. well, that's what the pros at my highschool say. i'm a boys doubles player but i plan on going to singles next year since my parter is graduating this year. i concider myself to be an agressive player since i tend to smash and drive a lot. well, what else can you expect from a 5'11", 200 lb lineback. i know, football and badminton are completely different but hey, i love them both. anyways, i've been using a mp23 for the past 2 years, but i want to upgrade to a better racket. all answer will be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.:D

oh, please include weight of racket. i've heard that different weights affect control, power, etc.

2. virusvoodoo

virusvoodoo Regular Member

court mopper
    If you are mainly playing singles next year, I would say the choice is between the AT-500 & the Cab30MS. I would go for the Cab30MS since I heard more praises for it than the AT-500s. If you can get the AT-700, or the discontinued MP-100 or the Ti-10 grab them.

As for weight, I would say go with the 2U version since you are a big guy who can utilize the added power from extra weight. That plus the fact that you will be playing singles so fast responses aren't the main concerns.

3. SWC_Ant

SWC_Ant Regular Member

Student
    maybe this isn't answering your question, but i'd recommend you try as many different rackets as you can and base your decisions on that. MP 88 probably isn't such a good choice, as it is more of a doubles-oriented racket than singles, and more defensive than offensive. Besides Cab30MS, AT500, AT700, Ti-10, MP 100, there are also many other rackets that you might want to consider and try before you make your decision (dont know if this is within your price range)... MP 99, AT800OF (even if its supposed to be for doubles it still works great in singles), or even the Nanospeed series :) good luck in choosing

4. ^Tayo^

^Tayo^ Regular Member

Cab 30ms all the way. at500 has no x-factor to me. I had more power/control with a cab30ms.

5. ^Tayo^

^Tayo^ Regular Member

forgot to mention about the grip size and weight for your racket.
    Get a 2uG3 cab 30ms.

Cheers

6. Arcos

Arcos Regular Member

for me, i prefer my mp88 over my cab 30. can't seem to get used to the cab 30, control was pretty good, but i guess the stiffer shaft and oval shape makes it harder for me to execute power shots. Using mp88 for both singles and doubles.

but then again, thats just me. i'm just a scrawny guy with no proper coaching :rolleyes: :)

7. tifam

tifam Regular Member

I have choosen the CAB 30 MS, 3U, JP series code. No-regret.Of course, I have lost time to get acquainted with it!

8. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    In us, the only combo is 3UG4, unless u decide to buy from other regions.

9. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Here are some of my thoughts:

1. Since u use MP (Iso) rackets all the time, switch to Cab30ms (oval) might take some time to adjust to the timing and sweetspot.

2. Cab30ms is much cheaper than the other 2 in US retail market, about US$50 less or so.

3. Try all 3 rackets, and it will help u to make up the decision.