User Tag List

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
Results 18 to 34 of 245

Thread: From Japan

  1. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Tokyo,Japan
    Posts
    159
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hi, moshimoshi

    Ofcause I help you to find a place to play badminton.
    Do you decide a period to visit Japan as a business trip ?
    Firstly I introduce our club to you.
    It takes about 30min from Ikebukuro to our station.Is it far for you?

    place: Nakahara junior high school
    Station:Musasikosugi st.
    (It takes about 10min from:
    Shibuya on Tokyu-toyoko line.
    Kawasaki on JR Nanbu line.)
    day: almost every Saturday,Sunday and Japanese National holliday.
    time : 18:30-21:00
    level : intermediate or high(a few players are low level )
    member : 20 people / day
    menu : technical training , a few games
    cost : 800yen/each (non-member)
    500yen/each(member)
    both of them including shuttles fee .
    We treat you as a non-member in 3 times which you join it.
    When you join it 4 times, we'll treat you as our member.

    If you have a condition desired for clubs, please tell me it.
    And I help to find a good club for you.

    By the way, if you don't join our club, I want to ask you some questions for getting a good place.
    i. What is your level as a player?
    ii .How many times do you play badminton in a week in Malasia ?
    iii. What day and time do you want to do it in Japan?
    iv. Singles player? Doubles player?
    v. Do you speak Japanese?

    O.K.
    I hope we'll play badminton in Tokyo

  2. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Firstly, thanks for the comprehensive information.

    Hope to make more friends & keep fit while enjoying badminton. Used to play about once a week. Probably intermediate level doubles play. Speak/read/write Japanese for survival only. Will stay in Tokyo (Ikebukuro) until end of May.

    Musashikosugi Eki is not far. Will be able to find Nakahara junior high school on the internet. Since the Golden Week is coming soon, I will have more free time. If there is vacancy, please let me know the next badminton session. By the way, I have only cross-training shoes (no court shoes) & will need to borrow/rent a racquet.

    If you need further details, I can send them to you via Private Message in order not to bore everybody.....


    Quote Originally Posted by Miyuki
    hi, moshimoshi

    Ofcause I help you to find a place to play badminton.
    Do you decide a period to visit Japan as a business trip ?
    Firstly I introduce our club to you.
    It takes about 30min from Ikebukuro to our station.Is it far for you?

    place: Nakahara junior high school
    Station:Musasikosugi st.
    (It takes about 10min from:
    Shibuya on Tokyu-toyoko line.
    Kawasaki on JR Nanbu line.)
    day: almost every Saturday,Sunday and Japanese National holliday.
    time : 18:30-21:00
    level : intermediate or high(a few players are low level )
    member : 20 people / day
    menu : technical training , a few games
    cost : 800yen/each (non-member)
    500yen/each(member)
    both of them including shuttles fee .
    We treat you as a non-member in 3 times which you join it.
    When you join it 4 times, we'll treat you as our member.

    If you have a condition desired for clubs, please tell me it.
    And I help to find a good club for you.

    By the way, if you don't join our club, I want to ask you some questions for getting a good place.
    i. What is your level as a player?
    ii .How many times do you play badminton in a week in Malasia ?
    iii. What day and time do you want to do it in Japan?
    iv. Singles player? Doubles player?
    v. Do you speak Japanese?

    O.K.
    I hope we'll play badminton in Tokyo

  3. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Tokyo,Japan
    Posts
    159
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi,moshimoshi

    I'm sorry that we don't have some rackets for borrow/rent.

    O.K. I PM you

    Quote Originally Posted by moshimoshi
    Firstly, thanks for the comprehensive information.

    Hope to make more friends & keep fit while enjoying badminton. Used to play about once a week. Probably intermediate level doubles play. Speak/read/write Japanese for survival only. Will stay in Tokyo (Ikebukuro) until end of May.

    Musashikosugi Eki is not far. Will be able to find Nakahara junior high school on the internet. Since the Golden Week is coming soon, I will have more free time. If there is vacancy, please let me know the next badminton session. By the way, I have only cross-training shoes (no court shoes) & will need to borrow/rent a racquet.

    If you need further details, I can send them to you via Private Message in order not to bore everybody.....

  4. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Palo Alto
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Play badminton in Nara

    Hi Miyuki,

    On May 25, 26 and 27 I'll visit Nara. Is there any place to play badminton around there? I think Osaka will be too far and I am looking for a place closer to Nara. I'll be in Tokyo on May 24, but I will be too busy with business to play in the Tokyo area.

    Sorry to bother you, but most Japanese badminton clubs do not have much English on their websites.

    Thanks -- Gerard

  5. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Tokyo,Japan
    Posts
    159
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi,Gerard.

    I want to ask you some questions for getting a good place in Nara
    So PM me answers abouto these questions.

    * What is your level as a player?
    * What day and time do you want to play badminotn in Nara?
    * What is the most convenient station for you?
    * Singles player? Doubles player?
    * Do you speak Japanese?
    * Do you have some rackets and badminton shoes?
    if not, do you buy them?

    If you have some conditions desired for clubs, please tell me them. When you tell me a lot of your details, they help me to find a good place.

    Miyuki

    Quote Originally Posted by Gerard Vurens
    Hi Miyuki,

    On May 25, 26 and 27 I'll visit Nara. Is there any place to play badminton around there? I think Osaka will be too far and I am looking for a place closer to Nara. I'll be in Tokyo on May 24, but I will be too busy with business to play in the Tokyo area.

    Sorry to bother you, but most Japanese badminton clubs do not have much English on their websites.

    Thanks -- Gerard

  6. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Palo Alto
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi Miyuki,

    I am a B level player. The most convenient time for me to play would be the afternoon/evening of Wednesday May 25. Also possible are the evening of Friday May 27, or Saturday morning May 28.

    I will be staying close to both the JR and Kintetsu Nara stations. I do not speak/read Japanese, but I have travelled in Japan a lot, so I can travel to any station to meet people.

    I prefer to play doubles (I can play singles, but I am getting too old and slow). I will bring my shoes and clothes, but I will not bring a racket and shuttles. I will be in Hong Kong and China before Japan and carrying a racket is too inconvenient.

    I have no other requirements. I have played in many countries in many different conditions. I adapt my play to any racket/shuttle/floor/ligthing. I won't have time to play in Hong Kong or China this time, so I hope you can help me with finding a place in near Nara.

    Thanks -- Gerard

    Quote Originally Posted by Miyuki
    Hi,Gerard.

    I want to ask you some questions for getting a good place in Nara
    So PM me answers abouto these questions.

    * What is your level as a player?
    * What day and time do you want to play badminotn in Nara?
    * What is the most convenient station for you?
    * Singles player? Doubles player?
    * Do you speak Japanese?
    * Do you have some rackets and badminton shoes?
    if not, do you buy them?

    If you have some conditions desired for clubs, please tell me them. When you tell me a lot of your details, they help me to find a good place.

    Miyuki

  7. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Tokyo,Japan
    Posts
    159
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi, Gerard

    Thank you for replaying me.

    I see . It is inconvenient for you to bring rackets to other country as your business trip. I hope somebody make a conpact badminton racket for trip.

    And I have question more.
    *You said that you are too old and slow. Tell me your age like 30's, 40's ...
    *If you have cell phone in Japan, tell me the number. If not , I want to know how to contact with you. ex:your e-mail address ,or a hotel number.
    *Is it far for you about 1 hour trip from Nara?
    I know a club in Osaka.It takes 50min. from Nara st.They have a racket for borrow. Moreove I may go there and play it with you
    *Where will you go after badminton on Saturday morning.
    If you go back to Tokyo by Shinkansen(super express), you use the Shinosaka st. or Kyoto st..Which is better for you to play it near Nara or Kyoto or Osaka?
    *Tell me your country name. Most Country names are defferent
    pronounciation between Japanese and English.So I don't know your location


    I am sorry to ask a lot.
    But I want to find you a confatable place to play in Japan.

    Miyuki

    Quote Originally Posted by Gerard Vurens
    Hi Miyuki,

    I am a B level player. The most convenient time for me to play would be the afternoon/evening of Wednesday May 25. Also possible are the evening of Friday May 27, or Saturday morning May 28.

    I will be staying close to both the JR and Kintetsu Nara stations. I do not speak/read Japanese, but I have travelled in Japan a lot, so I can travel to any station to meet people.

    I prefer to play doubles (I can play singles, but I am getting too old and slow). I will bring my shoes and clothes, but I will not bring a racket and shuttles. I will be in Hong Kong and China before Japan and carrying a racket is too inconvenient.

    I have no other requirements. I have played in many countries in many different conditions. I adapt my play to any racket/shuttle/floor/ligthing. I won't have time to play in Hong Kong or China this time, so I hope you can help me with finding a place in near Nara.

    Thanks -- Gerard

  8. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Palo Alto
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi Miyuki,

    I sent you a private message with private information. Please check your private messages.

    Thanks -- Gerard

    Quote Originally Posted by Miyuki
    Hi, Gerard

    Thank you for replaying me.

    I see . It is inconvenient for you to bring rackets to other country as your business trip. I hope somebody make a conpact badminton racket for trip.

    And I have question more.
    *You said that you are too old and slow. Tell me your age like 30's, 40's ...
    *If you have cell phone in Japan, tell me the number. If not , I want to know how to contact with you. ex:your e-mail address ,or a hotel number.
    *Is it far for you about 1 hour trip from Nara?
    I know a club in Osaka.It takes 50min. from Nara st.They have a racket for borrow. Moreove I may go there and play it with you
    *Where will you go after badminton on Saturday morning.
    If you go back to Tokyo by Shinkansen(super express), you use the Shinosaka st. or Kyoto st..Which is better for you to play it near Nara or Kyoto or Osaka?
    *Tell me your country name. Most Country names are defferent
    pronounciation between Japanese and English.So I don't know your location


    I am sorry to ask a lot.
    But I want to find you a confatable place to play in Japan.

    Miyuki

  9. #26
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Tokyo,Japan
    Posts
    159
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi,Gerard

    Sorry not to replying you soon.
    I read a mai from you yesterday. And I am looking for a gym for you.
    I found a club near Nara st. and ask the manager of the club.
    But I didn't get a mail from him yet.

    If I get it, I sent you as soon as possible.

    Talk to you later
    Miyuki


    Quote Originally Posted by Gerard Vurens
    Hi Miyuki,

    I sent you a private message with private information. Please check your private messages.

    Thanks -- Gerard

  10. #27
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    2,214
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I just want to say Kudos to you Miyuki. You've been very helpful to those seeking assistance for baddy in Japan. Much appreciated, and BF (I'm speaking for them, ha-ha) is glad for your participation. Awesome!

    -dave

  11. #28
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Tokyo,Japan
    Posts
    159
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi,dave.

    Thank you
    I know that it is difficult to find a good club in Japan.
    Not only foreighners, but also Japanese

    I only hope that everyone can play badminton in Japan and spend their trip/staying in comfotable.

    Some people who meet me here has join our club. I am happy to play badminton with a lot pf people.

    Now I am making a map for foreighners as they can get to our club easily.
    I will send the map to a new foreigher who will join this Saturday.
    I have to make the map in harry

    I hope we play badminton together near future
    Miyuki

    Quote Originally Posted by wood_22_chuck
    I just want to say Kudos to you Miyuki. You've been very helpful to those seeking assistance for baddy in Japan. Much appreciated, and BF (I'm speaking for them, ha-ha) is glad for your participation. Awesome!

    -dave

  12. #29
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Palo Alto
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi Miyuki,

    Thanks for arranging my play in Nara last night. I had a lot of fun playing badminton (and drinking beer and sake afterwards). Lucky for me they let me win all my games. This is because they gave me the best player as doubles partner. Anyways thank you very much for the arrangements. May be next time I am in Tokyo we can play together, or next time you get to San Francisco I can show you many places to play. Please consider coming to the World championships in Anaheim in August. I can meet you there.

    Thanks -- Gerard

    Quote Originally Posted by Miyuki
    Hi,Gerard

    Sorry not to replying you soon.
    I read a mai from you yesterday. And I am looking for a gym for you.
    I found a club near Nara st. and ask the manager of the club.
    But I didn't get a mail from him yet.

    If I get it, I sent you as soon as possible.

    Talk to you later
    Miyuki

  13. #30
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Tokyo,Japan
    Posts
    159
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi, Gerard

    I am glad to know that you had a good time to play badiminton in Nara.
    You also had a drink party with them. They said that they had very very good time with you in Badminton etc.

    Next time, we play badominton together in Tokyo or San Francisco.
    I may have chance to see the world chanpionship in LA If my husband or father can get a vacation.

    My young sister lives in LA. She said that she want to see my son(who 9 months old). So when I decide to go to LA, I tell you as soon as possible

    Thanks
    Miyuki

    Quote Originally Posted by Gerard Vurens
    Hi Miyuki,

    Thanks for arranging my play in Nara last night. I had a lot of fun playing badminton (and drinking beer and sake afterwards). Lucky for me they let me win all my games. This is because they gave me the best player as doubles partner. Anyways thank you very much for the arrangements. May be next time I am in Tokyo we can play together, or next time you get to San Francisco I can show you many places to play. Please consider coming to the World championships in Anaheim in August. I can meet you there.

    Thanks -- Gerard

  14. #31
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Tokyo,Japan
    Posts
    159
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default 18th of this month

    Hi everyone

    We have a tournament in our club.
    If you have some time to join it, let's play together

    Date:18th of June
    Time:10am-5pm
    Place:Nakahara junior high school
    (the nearest st. is Musashi-kosugi st. It takes 15min from Shibuya by train)

    Some foreighers will join it.
    If you want to join it, PM me

    Thanks
    Miyuki

  15. #32
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default How can I join your club?

    Hello Miyuki-san,

    I have just arrived in Tokyo last week. I am an avid player of badminton since last year and am wondering if I can join your club in Nakahara. I know Nakahara a bit since I lived in Musashi Kosugi area for 3 years before but I am not sure where Nakahara junior high school is.

    I will appreciate any help you can provide.

    Thanks in advance.

  16. #33
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Tokyo,Japan
    Posts
    159
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi, titusja

    Ofcourse you can join our club.If you send a e-mail to me, I can give you a map between Musashi-kosugi st. and the school.

    Oh,it is time for going to the club.I have to open a gate.
    Check the schedule here:http://www.geocities.jp/nakahara_bad/E_index.html
    I am making our club web site.

    Sorry not to tell you our detail.
    Talk to later.

    Miyuki


    Quote Originally Posted by titusja
    Hello Miyuki-san,

    I have just arrived in Tokyo last week. I am an avid player of badminton since last year and am wondering if I can join your club in Nakahara. I know Nakahara a bit since I lived in Musashi Kosugi area for 3 years before but I am not sure where Nakahara junior high school is.

    I will appreciate any help you can provide.

    Thanks in advance.

  17. #34
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hello Miyuki-san,

    Thank you for the quick reply. I will try to join yoin this weekend.

    Regards,
    Titus

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. In Japan...
    By nSmash in forum General Forum
    Replies: 11
    : 02-09-2008, 03:24 AM
  2. to japan
    By egg_tart in forum Japan / Korea
    Replies: 1
    : 11-23-2006, 07:17 PM
  3. Japan Open: Mew Choo out of Japan Open
    By ants in forum Korean Open 2004 / Japan Open 2004
    Replies: 1
    : 04-07-2004, 01:25 AM
  4. Replies: 4
    : 02-18-2004, 04:49 AM
  5. Where to buy in Japan?
    By Tammy in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 5
    : 03-05-2003, 05:01 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •