tension for plastic shuttle

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by Benasp, Apr 4, 2005.

1. Benasp

Benasp Regular Member

hi, Lot of people here play with feather but for the one who still play with plastic , what tension do you use. A pro told me that high tension is good for feather but it doesn't give good result with plastic,

i'm corrently at 22 Lbs (with my homemade machine ,that seem more high than the shop 22 Lbs) and i can't generate power, So i will come back to 20 soon. Cause i can't get habit to it, that bad cause i am precise like hell with this tension but can't smash.

Do someone play high tension with plastic and can have decent smash.

2. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Don't waste your time playing nylon shuttles with high tension strings. Anything over 23lbs will bring diminishing returns.

3. SWC_Ant

SWC_Ant Regular Member

Student
    i dunno why but at 24/25lb i dont feel that big of a difference between nylon and feather.. the nylon ones i use are the Yonex Mavis 300 (which is supposed to be kind of like feather) and the feather ones i believe are mostly victor champion... am i doin something wrong? :p

4. Benasp

Benasp Regular Member

i play Yonex 300/350 and nothing else.

yeah i strung at 22 and i like the precision but my partner are hangry cause i didn't smash like before. and drop in mixed arn't the weapon of predilection

5. I like to smash

I like to smash Regular Member

A+ Student
    Ya, same here, my armortec was string at a tension of 22, but when I play with plastic shuttles, I can't even hit far...
    Before, I use a iso 56 with factory strings, I can even hit harder and further than my armortec.

6. Brave_Turtle

Brave_Turtle Regular Member

Student
    I'm using 24-25lbs with Bg85/Bg66 with both Nylons and feather.

7. SWC_Ant

SWC_Ant Regular Member

Student
    really? i strung at 24/25lb (diff rackets) BG 65.. play with both nylon (Mavis 300) and feather (victor champion) and dont feel a big diff.. maybe its just me... i find at 25lb i'm having to readjust my netshots... but the two rackets still smash about the same... i'd even go as far as saying smash with 25lb is a little more powerful (probably because diff racket) 25lb is a different, tighter stringer with AT800DE, 24lb is MP 55, if that makes a difference

8. TheGr8Two

TheGr8Two Regular Member

I'm using BG65 Ti @ 24 lbs to play with both nylon and feather shuttles. I feel that this tension, I can smash hard as well as play netshots. I feel that hitting a shuttle with higher tension gives me more precise feeling to my shots.

9. BobbyGeneric

BobbyGeneric Regular Member

IT professional
    I avoid plastic like the plague, but I usually play 25x27lbs and my only problem is too much power and the shuttle always flying out the back of the court even on a relatively steep shot - the nylon birdies tend to fold in the air on a hard shot.