Hello from Cambridge UK

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by asterix, Apr 5, 2005.

1. asterix

asterix New Member

Hello everyone!

I've just joined this forum, and its good to feel part of an international group of people who are really actively sharing their thoughts and expertise on such an exciting sport.

I only picked up badminton about four years ago, and have been gradually been getting more and more hooked. Before that, I used to do all kinds of sports like squash, rugby, athletics, and cycling, but none have really been as addictive as badminton!

I'm now playing at a club near where I work just outside of Cambridge. I'd love to play more though (withdrawal symptoms most days!:eek: ), and I'm interested in singles, but its generally not possible to play singles because of limited court time in most clubs.

If anyone is based in or around Cambridge and would like to play the occasional singles game, please do let me know. I play in a local league with the club, but I have little idea of how else to define what level I really play at. Probably intermediate at a guess, but as with everyone else, I'm really keen to improve play, practice and above all enjoy! I'd hope that playing more singles would help with my footwork and fitness (something I lost somewhat after getting married and entertaining our little son:D ).

Cheers!

2. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Welcome!

Quite a few BF members are from Cambridge (other for example)

Hope you find smeone to train with.

3. other

other Regular Member

Student
    hello..:)

i'm living in cambridge as well, but my level of play is a little lacking:crying:

funny..i found this when searching for advice on how to use a squash racquet to train:eek:

4. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    Welcome asterix (of obelix?) to BadmintonForum! :D

-dave

5. Davie

Davie Regular Member

Student
    Welcome to the forum asterix :p enjoy your stay..