Indonesia's team

Discussion in 'Sudirman Cup 2005' started by jkusmanto, Apr 5, 2005.

1. jkusmanto

jkusmanto Regular Member

Computer Analyst
    April 4th, PBSI has decided a "team" for Sudirman Cup.
    This team has to be fixed by Sutiyoso (PBSI's chef).

Men Single : Taufik Hidayat and Sony Dwi Kuncoro
    Women Single : Maria Kristin and Adrianti Firdasari
    Men Double : Luluk Hadiyanto/Alvent Yulianto, Candra Wijaya/Sigit Budiarto and
    Flandy Limpele
    Women Double : Jo Novita/Lita Nurlita and Greysia Polii
    Mixed Double : Nova Widianto/Lilyana Natsir and Anggun Nugroho/Yunita Tetty.

Strange is, the spliting of Flandy Limpele/Eng Hian.

2. SteveStanley

SteveStanley Regular Member

I think PBSI can only send 16 players to Sudirman Cup, they chose Flandy because he can be a good backup for Mens Doubles and Mixed Doubles.It seems like PBSI relies more on Chandra/Sigit rather than Flandy/Eng Hian.

3. aiyuuw

aiyuuw Regular Member

good 'ol student
    eh, now why do they send gresya polii without partner? is it becos she was quite succesfull in WJC in both xd and wd?
    hmm,,taufik and sony are going to play? i thought theyre injured[​IMG]

4. sporty

sporty Regular Member

Student
    they are not injured anymore i guess... simon is the one who is still injured...

5. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

Sonny is not injured, he just recover from some operation. How ironic that we send a singles that just recover from an operation and hasn't play for a tournament for many months.

But we didn't had ay more MS anymore beside Simon who was injured and too inexperience for team event.

Lets say we only can count on Taufik all the way to gain point. Sony only to be played if we meet Sweden and probably Hong Kong.

6. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    I think Sony may be in no shape to play Ng Wei. Considering Hong Kong has an almost certain point from Wang Chen, I think it's safer to field Taufik.

7. jkusmanto

jkusmanto Regular Member

Computer Analyst
    Indo's team - update

Ladies single :
    Maria Kristin is out of the team and is replaced by Fransisca “Nana†Ratnasari.

8. aiyuuw

aiyuuw Regular Member

good 'ol student
    oh, the one who ousted pi hongyan in the last io?

9. sporty

sporty Regular Member

Student
    yup... she's the one... but then after IO 2004, she lost 0-11,0-11 to Pi Hongyan.. I forgot in which tournament...

10. jkusmanto

jkusmanto Regular Member

Computer Analyst
    In quarter final Thailand Open 2005.

11. seven

seven New Member

Computing Engineer
    Any reason for this? injury? last minute choice change?

12. aiyuuw

aiyuuw Regular Member

good 'ol student
    hendrawan said becos looking from their prev. performances in the tournaments that they competed in, it seems that nana's achievements is better, and becos nana has this high 'fighting spirit' [​IMG] (yea, he DID say that)
    seems like nana is his fave, he saidsumthin about her being the most diligent and stuffs before i guess
    and u know what, just read from badminton-indonesia.com that silvi ran away from the dorm and emptied her room (what the?),,,,,

13. seven

seven New Member

Computing Engineer
    Maria Kristin has more experience however as she competed in last Sudirman Cup and beat Julia Mann if I remember rightly.
    Anyway we'll soon see whether this was the good choice! :cool:

About Silvi Antarini, it is a pity if yet another promising indo player retires before peak... :(

14. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

Maybe it because of pressure. The PBSI (Indonesian badminton organization) want to had a wonderful result from WS which is impossible. So they send the WS to a few 3-5 star tournament each year and hope them to at least made it to QF or better. Which is 1000% impossible.

If you failed to do that, they will kick you out or make you feel uncomfortable so you decided to quit.

Just look at all the WS after Susy Susanti and Mia Audina. Yuni Kartika, Yuliani Santoso, Lydia D, Yuli Marfuah, and so many who had retired.

Yes, they didn't had as much talent as Susy and Mia, but they can compete with all other WS players in the world except maybe for the Chinese and Camilla. But all the PBSI want is a quick result.

Example: They should send the young WS players into lots of one star and A tournaments. Instead sending them to 5 star or All England which they lost in Qualification or first round. They need to build confidence first instead lost to strong opponent at first round.

Pi Hong Yan before she is in top 3 ranking now, at her earlier carreer only enter small event like rank A and 1 star tournament to get points and experience. Even Gong Zhi Chao or Xie Xing Fang at their earlier carreer, they enter one star tournamnet. (German or Poland Open if I am not wrong)

So if PBSI only want quick result and hoping our WS can reach QF or even better at 5 star tour quickly, they as well can keep their dreaming.

15. seven

seven New Member

Computing Engineer
    Yes, I agree with you on this hcpoirot.
    You can't expect the girls to become the best in one day, they would need to gain experience and confidence in lower grade tournaments first...
    This is a big waste of talents... :(

16. aiyuuw

aiyuuw Regular Member

good 'ol student
    wait, silvi is not retired, she ran away,,,

17. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

aiyuww, silvi ran away probably cause she can't handle the presurre from PBSI official. They always want a great result from higher event like 4 or 5 star tournaments from silvi.

I already saw how Silvi play. She got the talent but not the experience. Of course her talent is not as big as Susy or Mia but how many player in the world had their big talent except some Chinese players, Camilla and Bang Soh Hyun?

My point is, if they kept send Silvi in small event first she will had good result and gain self confidence.

Instead they send you to a major event and you likely will meet the Chinese or ex Chinese players at the first or second round. If you lost the official wll not tolerate and keep critize you. ITs not easy at all.

I remember another case. Deyana Lomban , one of Indonesia future WD player some years ago.

In Indonesia Open she and her partner Carmelita lost to Thai pair, Sathinee and Sujitra. (Saralee was injured that time) The Indo pair got a huge critize from the official. How they can lost to Thai pairs ? You are not good at all and etc.

To be fair, The Thai already a good pair at that time so its not a suprise if the Indo lost to them. Not to mention Deyana and Carmelita just recently pair after Deyana teammate, Eliza retired.

Because of that too much critize , Deyana and Carmelita retired from PBSI. What a shame cause both of them can be real asset. They were both tall and Deyana had a good smash. And both of them are better than the WD we had right now.

I don't see a future for our WS and WD if the PBSI still had the same attitude. Even now in XD, I read in news that after Nova/Lilyana lost in AE semifinal, the official blast Lilyana cause she make lots of mistake.

But hey, a semifinal is not bad at all for a new couple specialy Lilyana who is a new player in XD. Nervous in a game is not a crime. But the official didn't want to know so they blame it all to Lilyana. And if they kept doing that, Lilyana may crumble and the new pair will split eventually.

18. peace

peace Regular Member

Yes...I agree with you. PBSI should be wise in this case, they cannot always blame the players....and to get a good result, sometimes it takes time. :rolleyes:

19. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    Excellent thread and contributions from "insiders." :D It's very fulfilling getting some insights into the local Indonesian scene.

-dave

20. jkusmanto

jkusmanto Regular Member

Computer Analyst
    New news : PBSi has announced that Simon Santoso is in the team to replace XD player Anggun Nugroho who is sick.