Cab 20 Ms Versus AT800 DE

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by YawneXpensive, Apr 5, 2005.

1. YawneXpensive

YawneXpensive Regular Member

If anyone has tried these two, could you comment on which you prefer? I'm planning on getting either one of them.

Cab 20 Ms: 2U G3
    AT800 DE: 4U G4/5
    I don't care about price at all.

I'm currently more of a defensive singles player, which annoys me b/c both AT 800s are meant for doubles play, I've worked with the Cab 20 Ms and AT800 OF, and i notice that the AT swing is stronger/faster, but it seems as though my control with the cab is better..

I personally like the iso head.. for its much more forgiving than using the muscle head, but ive always found a slightly more "solid" feeling with muscle head

I also dont really like big grips, but i can use them, so.. for a singles player, should i consider those two, or think about the AT700 (for singles) or AT800 OF? Any input is welcome =) :D :D

#1 YawneXpensive, Apr 5, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2005
  2. SWC_Ant

SWC_Ant Regular Member

Student
    well first off.. i always thought that AT800DE 4U only has a G5 version.. but i saw another post just now of someone selling a 4UG5.. can anyone confirm? (on the yonex catalog i think it says 3U G3,4,5 and 4UG4)

i've only tried AT800OF once, but its a very power-based racket. people who have used it on BF say that its good in both singles and doubles.. so i wouldn't worry about the "for doubles". i have an AT800DE, but haven't owned it for long enough to really compare it in singles and doubles, but it should be okay for both, as doubles play is faster than singles, the doubles rackets should do just as well for singles. since you are more used to the iso head (not mp head), i would probably recommend you try and compare AT800's and AT700, and then make your pick.. good luck

edit: someone on the AT800 Reviews page had stated that he uses AT800DE for doubles because its nice and fast, but AT800OF for singles because he can sacrifice a little recovery speed in singles for more powerful shots.. dont know if this helps

#2 SWC_Ant, Apr 5, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2005
  3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i would prefer both of the 800's over the 20ms, personally opinion tho/

4. lalanthier

lalanthier Regular Member

Student
    the Cab 20 will teach you precision. Because it is a relatively weak racquet overall, if you make a poor shot, it will become obviously mostly because the shot won't get anywhere, and also because of the sound and feel. You will then have to force yourself to correct any incorrect strokes or what not, which makes it an excellent training racquet. It teaches you to build up your strength (but it's really very difficult to get any power that compares to the AT800 no matter how accurate the shot), but more importantly your accuracty. The accuracy in a clear shot will make the shot so much easier in the long run for ANY racquet.

AT800 is a very powerful racquet. I love it as a game racquet because it's so easy to play with and so flexible (in terns of shots i mean). If you love the power play, this is the racquet for you.

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu

i forgot to read that u play MS.
    u should try out the AT300 and AT500

#5 cooler, Apr 7, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2005
  6. YawneXpensive

YawneXpensive Regular Member

thanks for your help =).. ive decided on the 800 DE, but because the 4U may actually be too light, i'll move to 3U G4, anyone think this will be too heavy?

7. SWC_Ant

SWC_Ant Regular Member

Student
    its a good choice :) all round racket.. usually cant go wrong with that. i dont think 3U would be a problem, because thats what most players use (i saw a poll here on BF somewhere). some people think 4U is a little lacking on power, and 2U a little too heavy.. its all personal preference though