clicking noise from you joints .. any cure ?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by krantikt, Apr 6, 2005.

1. krantikt

krantikt Regular Member

Do your knees make a clicking noise when you walk, or swing your legs,
    does not really hurt or anything, just wondering if the click is something to be worried about ?

I have started playing serious ( 4 to 5 times a week in a club) badminton a year ago, and am concerned, if my knees are giving up, having started badminton at a late age. I am 29 now. Not old by any means :)

2. edongha

edongha New Member

i think its from stress on ur knees or that is what my sports medicine teacher said. But i heard you can get some kind of gel. The condition is common among most old people, but athletes get it too. i have had this problem since i was 15.

3. Shuttlebugs

Shuttlebugs Regular Member

I have the same problem and like to hear more from members on the subject.

4. Dave18

Dave18 Regular Member

Student
    It happens to me sometimes, I figured that for example, on a staircase, when i walk up, sometimes I like to leap up the steps, and when I leap with 1 foot (pressure and weight is put into that one particular leg) then the next day, i have that clicking on that knee. But it heals in 1 or 2 days. I don't know what it is though. :(

5. booewen

booewen Regular Member

I think it is something to do with air trapped in the joint due to stress to on the joint. This is why it happens more when you exercise a lot, because more air is trapped. Thats why its stops cracking after a while, cos the pressure build has dissappeared. Some people have joints more susceptible to this build up than others. I don't think its that bad a thing (I hope not cos my knees crack all the time and my back cracks really badly!) but I have heard that if you continually try to crack your joints it can lead to arthritis.

This is just a poorly remembered account of what I was told by a physio...but different physios say different things on it as far as i'm aware

6. krantikt

krantikt Regular Member

Glucosamine helps!

I have read several reviews that products including the "Glucosamine" help in preventing any damage to the joints.

I started using this a couple of days ago, and expect to see results in the next 2 weeks. Prevention is better than cure, and I am willing to spend those extra bucks, to prevent any permanent damage ;) .

Anyone has any suggestions on which product is good ? I am using Lubriflex, and it promises to show results in as less than as one week.

7. FlamingJam

FlamingJam Regular Member

Research Student/PT Coach
    ive always ahd a probelm with my knees and they used to crack ALOT im only 16 and i missed half a year with knee injury , this year simple solution - cod liver oil capulses havent had a knee probelm since and the 'crack' noise is now a rare occurance:D

8. Shuttlebugs

Shuttlebugs Regular Member

I have been on that for years and it does help. However don't expect it to be a miracle cure. It takes weeks if not month to feel to result. I was told that the one that comes in powder form is best. I have two spoonful mixed with water twice a day. Mine has got an orange flavour so it is like an orange drink.

9. splitstep

splitstep Regular Member

IT Consaultant
    I use this gel called "Gluc Osamine", its care for joints n muscles, i got this from Boots in England, im sure there are simular stuff. Works wonders =) But dont use the night b4 playing, it kinda made me play really bad cos i think it made my join relax as it was healing hehe

10. krantikt

krantikt Regular Member

Update after 3 weeks of usage

Just wanted to update the benefits of Glucosamine, Lubriflex in particular after 3 weeks of usage. I found it to be extremely benefecial, in that, I dont spend sleeples nights anymroe because of terrible knee aches. This drug has helped a lot.

11. krantikt

krantikt Regular Member

hmm....I am now thinking this is just psychological, because, I feel the exact oppsite. I feel more energetic and relaxed which improves the game after taking it.

12. splitstep

splitstep Regular Member

IT Consaultant
    I find i get less power if u rub some in on the night b4, maybe it relaxes all my joins? who knows, so now i just put it on all my joints at the night i finished playing n i find it works great =) or it cud be all in da mind ^^

13. maheshkt

maheshkt New Member

Ah.. that was some useful information. I have this same problem and I realized its getting worse as days goes by. I am 28 and started feeling it getting worse as I hit the gym regularly. I am gonna try Glucosamine sulfate as mentioned here. Hope it helps to reduce the horrible experience I am having for last few years. I was so scared to look up at the information on the net so far.. today i decided myself to do it.. and feeling better. Thanks so much guys.

14. tumbler

tumbler Regular Member

I have the same problem too. Only difference is mine doesnt occur when i walk or run. Just when im sitting down and i extend my legs. Yeah might try Glucosamine. Thanks guys!